TrueEarth Great Britain Preview Trailer 2

17 hours ago, Dawid Rbkw said:

I´ve watched the X-Plane 11 TrueEarth England videos a few times and I have to say that when compared to all these lovely screenshots and videos from P3D TrueEarth Netherlands, it doesn´t look that good. Textures are more blurry and the colors just aren´t as realistic as in TrueEarth Netherlands. Any reason for what ? 

Funny, I thought the absolute opposite!  I find P3D's Netherlands to still look quite cartoonish and still computer generated content,  compared to the more natural earth tones displayed within their XP alpha product.  It always boils down, to 'the eye of the beholder', I guess.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17.4.2018 at 8:46 PM, Dawid Rbkw said:

I´ve watched the X-Plane 11 TrueEarth England videos a few times and I have to say that when compared to all these lovely screenshots and videos from P3D TrueEarth Netherlands, it doesn´t look that good. Textures are more blurry and the colors just aren´t as realistic as in TrueEarth Netherlands. Any reason for what ? 

I think it looks like this in x-plane because of the light scattering technoligy. U dont have this in P3D. It looks more realistic in x-plane. If you look at real videos of terrain from the sky it dosnt look so clear as it does in P3D. Its more like xp11 in reality.

I have never since 1982, wanted a scenery demo to never end.  John, I could seriously watch an entire 2 hour rendition of scenes of planes at taxi..taking off...coming in (like that shot overlooking the right wing engine..) to final, and landing.. The simply spectacular shots of the freeway systems...that with traffic looking so lifelike...it just looks....so lifelike. How else can you communicate that?  I know it all is in the eye of the beholder...and what sim base is more valued to the user...but man oh man...when I get this puppy on my home screen, it will be flying over true earth.  This project is so notched up, on the scenery ladder...I am just at a loss of words to complement.  

I guess three words can describe it, John;

The real world. 

PNW

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Robin Allison said:

Thanks for the info. Are there any scheduled release dates notified for the FSX Steam version, yet? 

Regards,

Robin Allison

I would also like to know, but Orbx has never given a release date and I don't think they ever will.  I don't blame them because when scheduled dates get delayed customers can sometimes get upset, this has been happening with REX Simulations on their forums.  @John Venema once said somewhere that they will probably have it out before the end of 2018.

Caleb

It’s looking very good and will definitely be on my list to buy but I have one worry about it that I saw in the video and that is on a housing estate the side roads looked to be a bit to wide in some shots. Ok from a distance but far to wide in a close up. Just my opinion and as I said it’s a definite buy for me. Derek.

Really looking forward to this! Bought EGCB Manchester City airport last week and it's looking very impressive, especially in VR... Hoping that Wales, Scotland and Ireland wont be far behind the release of EU England True Earth for XP11.

Orbx EU England is going to be a game changer for me but could you please ensure that the airport runways etc are updated so that Redhill EGKR runways 36/18 will be correct rather than 01/19? Also that the unlicensed hard runway 07/25 is also included.

I am training for my ppl at Redhill and find the two most difficult things to master are visual navigation and radio comms.  To fly my VFR routes on my home simulator first in some detail will truly be awesome, let’s also hope that Pilotedge open a UK arm soon so that desktop flying in VR will then be next to the real thing.

We cannot answer questions about download sizes yet, the product is too early in development.

We have not yet decided about the Channel Islands. At this stage the Isle of Man will be included with the Wales TrueEarth region

12 hours ago, John Venema said:

We cannot answer questions about download sizes yet, the product is too early in development.

We have not yet decided about the Channel Islands. At this stage the Isle of Man will be included with the Wales TrueEarth region

Please could there be a config option to deactivate IOM so as to allow the ES version to be used easily? Thats something I'd hate to lose...  It would be great to have full Channel Island coverage, but it isn't easy getting any data out of the Jersey government on reasonable terms...  Orb prob has more negotiating clout than most in that respect so good luck :)

• 1 month later...

Having 'itchy fingers' I could not stop myself from asking another question.  I now have X-Plane 11 and whilst waiting for this release have been using Orth4XP as a stop gap until the release of True Earth UK.  I have recently been flying over former WW11 airfields that are still present in Lincolnshire though somewhat in disrepair but some runways can still be seen and even the outlines of some of them can be seen where they have been turned back to agricultural use such as the former RAF Metheringham. 

Now my question is........Will True Earth also show former airfields that are no longer used?  I know that, for instance, Wickenby features in the FSX Orbx UK and is presently in use as a flying club but one airfield that takes my interest in Orth4XP is the former RAF Swinderby, this is where I spent 3 very happy years with the RAF GSA East Midlands Gliding Club including keeping my hand in on the Auster (which was used as a tug for aero-tows) practicing take offs and landings with Al Cree. 

Had me circling the airfield for some time whilst remembering all the good times I had flying from there.   So just wondering whether older airfields no longer used will actually show up?

Just a couple of shots of Swinderby (if allowed).

BspNxeA.jpg

4nRCEMj.jpg

Regards

Nigel.

There are many airports inside X-Plane that no longer exist, example EGCD. At some point they'll likely be removed from X-Plane.. but at the time of testing they are still there in the base sim. This airport in particular in TrueEarth England is evidently closed, they are digging up the runway and this can be seen clearly.. however you can still land and take off there. It depends on the period of the orthos.. if you're using Bing with Ortho4XP above then likely the imagery is from around 2011-2013 I suspect (although they have been updating it recently). The imagery used in TrueEarth England is newer, from between 2015-2017 so it's possible they'll still be there.. or at least a trace of it :)

Hi Tony, many thanks for your reply, as it was I did actually land there after completing a few orbits,  good to hear that there will be a trace of it in the release.  I will have to drive down there sometime to have a proper look at the runways, or what is left of them.  

It will be very interesting when True Earth UK is released to fly over the old RAF bases to see what is actually left of them.  Sets in some good VFR navigational flights.

Regards

Nigel.

We are making good progress with England, we have two tiles to complete and the whole country is then covered with imagery and overlay. Then comes the task of some major colour correction work in towns and cities. From that point we focus our attention on the POI modeling. We have four modelers assigned to this task but it is a huge undertaking to add hundreds, if not thousands of custom 3D models to major city areas.

We will begin to provide preview screenshots and videos once it has entered beta, but this is a few months away yet.

. We have four modelers assigned to this task but it is a huge undertaking to add hundreds, if not thousands of custom 3D models to major city areas.

Umm...................dare I ask?  Guess the worst possible outcome for me would be a ban on this thread but here I go.

John,  just out of curiosity (no other way to put this apart from asking), will the newly opened Bomber Memorial at the top of Canwick Hill in Lincoln be featured?

Regards

Nigel.  

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I just have to say what a truly amazing product true earth Great Britain is for xplane 11.  Ive never spent so much time VFR flying, its simply stunning, seriously, so much attention to detail has gone into this release its completely blown me away. I cant wait for the other releases, ORBX and its team all deserve a HUGE pat on the back for delivering what is without a doubt the best add on for x plane 11 out there!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 11:19 AM, kevinfirth said:

Hoobrook viaduct, Kidderminster

Falling Sands viaduct, Kidderminster

How about a couple of steam trains running the Severn Valley railway?

Hi Kevin,

Not sure we are able to find steam engines but some new views will talk to you soon

101-277e3f6e4e4c703c8b26f90aa35979a9.jpg

101-a4d76423eee313f72ddc61acebde1968.jpg

18 minutes ago, Richard Bui said:

Hi Kevin,

Not sure we are able to find steam engines but some new views will talk to you soon

101-277e3f6e4e4c703c8b26f90aa35979a9.jpg

101-a4d76423eee313f72ddc61acebde1968.jpg

You guys are awesome :)

Thankyou - there are quite a few very distinct bridges along the Severn Valley Railway and the river itself...I'll post a few more up for your consideration...

Archived