TrueEarth Great Britain Preview Trailer 2

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, caleb1 said:

When the P3D version comes out, will the airports included in TrueEarth england be enhanced to such a great extent that it will not be necessary to need any of the Orbx payware airports in that area?

One of the reasons the regions are cheap (in comparison) is that they are some sort of base for the payware airports: there is a reason why Orbx first releases a region and than adds payware airports to it. So making the airports within a region payware quality would be like killing their own company. ;) So no, I wouldn't expect payware airports quality: they will look better than default and thanks to the new tech they probably will also look better than the updated airports in regions (because the buildings will be placed properly on the photoreal ground textures) but they won't have the detailed 3D models the payware airports have. The same goes for the surroundings, like cities around airports: TrueEarth will put buildings in the right spot, which wasn't the case with landclass scenery but they will be generic buildings: payware airports will put a lot more POI's in the area and buildings on airports will look like the real thing.

In short: the answer is no. ;)

I have to add that it is up to you if you NEED payware addons...! I myself like my scenery to be on the same level: I don't really like to have a few airports being of awesome quality and the rest being just okay: those quality airports stick out too much to my liking. I rather have everything of mediocre quality in that case. I don't like to fly from A (just okay) to B (awesome) and then think 'Okay, now I am entering the area of the addon airport'. I don't like that difference in quality. Which is why I haven't bought an airport addon for P3D in ages. Yes, I know, I am a bit odd in this regard... ;) 

11 hours ago, caleb1 said:

I have a question: When the P3D version comes out, will the airports included in TrueEarth england be enhanced to such a great extent that it will not be necessary to need any of the Orbx payware airports in that area?

Whilst enhanced airports have updated layout and artwork, payware airports will always be far more detailed and realistic, and if you want your airfields to look like the real thing then payware are a must. Otherwise, there would be no point in ORBX making any airports if this was the case, and it would be a monumental task to cover all airfields at payware level :)

Whilst enhanced airports have updated layout and artwork, payware airports will always be far more detailed and realistic, and if you want your airfields to look like the real thing then payware are a must. Otherwise, there would be no point in ORBX making any airports if this was the case, and it would be a monumental task to cover all airfields at payware level [emoji4]
Ok. Thanks.

One of the reasons the regions are cheap (in comparison) is that they are some sort of base for the payware airports: there is a reason why Orbx first releases a region and than adds payware airports to it. So making the airports within a region payware quality would be like killing their own company. [emoji6] So no, I wouldn't expect payware airports quality: they will look better than default and thanks to the new tech they probably will also look better than the updated airports in regions (because the buildings will be placed properly on the photoreal ground textures) but they won't have the detailed 3D models the payware airports have. The same goes for the surroundings, like cities around airports: TrueEarth will put buildings in the right spot, which wasn't the case with landclass scenery but they will be generic buildings: payware airports will put a lot more POI's in the area and buildings on airports will look like the real thing.

In short: the answer is no. [emoji6]

I have to add that it is up to you if you NEED payware addons...! I myself like my scenery to be on the same level: I don't really like to have a few airports being of awesome quality and the rest being just okay: those quality airports stick out too much to my liking. I rather have everything of mediocre quality in that case. I don't like to fly from A (just okay) to B (awesome) and then think 'Okay, now I am entering the area of the addon airport'. I don't like that difference in quality. Which is why I haven't bought an airport addon for P3D in ages. Yes, I know, I am a bit odd in this regard... [emoji6] 
Thank you also.

Having viewed the videos for the UK True Earth this has really got me interested though so much is being said about releases for X Plane and P3D and as I run FSX and it is literally a sim platform that will go no further than it is presently i.e. upgrading as in other platforms, will there be any noticable differences between X Plane, P3D to FSX when running True Earth?

TrueEarth will put buildings in the right spot,

As I live in a village, just wondering whether or not the buildings will represent actual homes. That is, would there be any bungalows amongst the properties or will they just be of all one type of building?

just one more question, I have trees HD and a couple of ORBX payware airports Southampton, Shoreham and Elstree.  Will these be compatible with True Earth?

Many thanks in advance.

Nigel.

38 minutes ago, Nigel Howard-Jones said:

will there be any noticable differences between X Plane, P3D to FSX when running True Earth?

The different sims have different tech for how autogen, trees and roads are displayed, so the regions will be fitted to their respective platforms along with their respective limitations and features. For the most part they'll look similar, have the same landmarks and same ortho zoom-levels etc. However, this is too early to say yet.

Regarding the buildings in X-Plane,  yes the houses are actual 3D modelled UK buildings. You can see a preview that John posted here:

There are bungalows and these will appear based on the building height data, so if a block contains predominately bungalows, then that is what you'll see in the sim. The same for housing blocks, terraces etc. 

As for compatibility with ORBX payware airports. If and when these are ported to X-Plane, they'll be made compatible with TrueEarth England. 

Hello Tony and many thanks for your reply, you gave me the answer I was hoping for as I do live in a bungalow and am hoping that it will show up.

I have a number of ORBX regions in FSX but the temptation to move onto a  sim such as X Plane or P3D is very tempting due to the ongoing work and improvements within that area.  
Regards
Nigel.

Yes that is a built-in function of X-Plane. However it will use the default simulator rolling stock. We have not yet researched into if/how we can change the appearance of the trains.
Is it known weather moving trains will be in the P3D version?

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, caleb1 said:

Is it known weather moving trains will be in the P3D version?

Thanks.

That would be (another) game changer...

I don't see how it wouldn't be possible for LM to essentially integrate another set of AI traffic, only this time as rail rather than road traffic?  AI road traffic is already customisable per region, follows set paths, is not altitude dependent etc   Why couldn't the same AI code support a separate set of train models in parallel?

Cheers K

I don't see how it wouldn't be possible for LM to essentially integrate another set of AI traffic, only this time as rail rather than road traffic?  AI road traffic is already customisable per region, follows set paths, is not altitude dependent etc   Why couldn't the same AI code support a separate set of train models in parallel?
Cheers K
I have just submitted this as a feature request on the P3D forums.

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6317&t=129233

Caleb

I've just checked and we can add new liveries to the trains, so for example Virgin Trains, Southwest Trains etc.

This is very good news, brings forward more realism to True Earth for X Plane 11.  Would ORBX be doing the liveries or would that be down to X Plane?  Already thinking of purchasing X Plane as it appears to be moving forward quicker than other sim platformsm though will still keep FSX for the North American flights I do.

Regards

Nigelhj

15 hours ago, John Venema said:

Yes that is a built-in function of X-Plane. However it will use the default simulator rolling stock. We have not yet researched into if/how we can change the appearance of the trains.

May I suggest that Orbx get in touch with the developer of this XPlane addon in regard to Trains.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/30492-trains-extension/

Have just one more question regarding True  Earth UK......Will P3D and X Plane scenery be exactly the same as each other bearing in mind that they are two completely different platforms, the reason I ask is that in the very near future I will be either going for one or the other and still deciding which sim to go for.  Equally, will you also be bringing out Wales and Scotland True Earth for X Plane in the near future?

Since using ORBX Sceneries I do not really want to fly in areas without Orbx being in place.

Regards
Nigelhj

We intend to release England, Scotland and Wales as TrueEarth regions for X-Plane 11 this year.

At the same time we will begin development on those same TrueEarth regions for AFS2 and FSX/P3D. We hope to release some of those regions this year for those sims but there are a LOT of concurrent projects in play so we have to balance our team’s resources.

Will they all look identical? No, simply because each simulator has different methods of rendering lighting, sky, clouds, terrain, roads, traffic, trains and many other  aspects of the scenery. Some sims have features that others do not and vice versa, such as moving road traffic, trains, cloud shadows, dynamic lights, ATC, proper weather systems, water, great FPS, great VR - it’s a long list.

Ultimately it comes down to which sim you prefer, how much you have invested in it, and what type of flying you prefer to do.

We will offer a cross platform discount so you could for instance buy a TrueEarth region for all three sims (when available) to see the difference for yourself.

At some point we may also offer small demo regions for all sims so you can compare for them for free.

19 minutes ago, John Venema said:

Ultimately it comes down to which sim you prefer, how much you have invested in it, and what type of flying you prefer to do.

Isn't that the truth. I'm currently at a crossroad with all that in mind. Orbx will be a huge factor in that for the AFS2 and XP sims as I already have 90-95% of the whole Orbx collection for P3D.  In addition, I really have P3D loaded with all the needed addons I could every want but where P3D lacks the two other sims exceed.

The other night I did a XP11 flight on PilotEdge with the REP C210 loaded with the GTN750 and the feeling of that flight was the closest thing to real I've felt in a long time if not ever. But then I loaded up a LearJet flight at Orbx KMRY in AFS2 at sunrise and the smoothness, lighting and just better look of it compared to KMRY in P3D makes me feel AFS2 has the ability to be a great sim if we can get PilotEdge support and/or one or two really quality planes in it. That if its eye candy that I want, perhaps I should just move to AFS2.

XP has a great living earth minus the people but in P3D I have avatar to explore the scenery after I land. Ultimately I think I am trying to look at it this way, for every second I am simming I want to be getting the most out of it and trying to use each sim to its strengths for that.

Will they all look identical? No, simply because each simulator has different methods of rendering lighting, sky, clouds, terrain, roads, traffic, trains and many other  aspects of the scenery. Some sims have features that others do not and vice versa, such as moving road traffic, trains, cloud shadows, dynamic lights, ATC, proper weather systems, water, great FPS, great VR - it’s a long list.

We will offer a cross platform discount so you could for instance buy a TrueEarth region for all three sims (when available) to see the difference for yourself.

At some point we may also offer small demo regions for all sims so you can compare for them for free.

Many thanks for your reply John,  this is what I anticipated though hoped, say for instance, P3D and X Plane 11 would be more or less the same in terms of ground features as it is one of these 2 platforms that I am looking to purchase.  I would dearly love to be able to have P3D and X Plane 11 but have to be practical with my choice due to being retired unless of course, I can find a good excuse to use to tell my wife why I need both!!

Regards

Nigelhj 

On ‎11‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 6:41 PM, kevinfirth said:

Cheers K

Quite a long time ago Holger explained the difficulties of creating train traffic in FSX an P3D. AI trains would oddly "jump" through the landscape. You only have to watch how longer AI vehicles (trucks) are jumping over the slightest crest. Since trains are even much longer this problem would even be more obvious.

On 4/12/2018 at 9:38 AM, Nigelhj said:

Many thanks for your reply John,  this is what I anticipated though hoped, say for instance, P3D and X Plane 11 would be more or less the same in terms of ground features as it is one of these 2 platforms that I am looking to purchase.  I would dearly love to be able to have P3D and X Plane 11 but have to be practical with my choice due to being retired unless of course, I can find a good excuse to use to tell my wife why I need both!!

Regards

Nigelhj 

I currently use both P3D and XP11, each has its strengths and weaknesses, although I will say I'm starting to fly in XP11 more these days after upgrading my rig. I have a 8700K @4.7ghz, 32GB ram and a 1080ti, I can run XP11 maxed out @4k and still get around  low to mid 20s  FPS is heavy areas like Los Angeles in a complex aircraft like the FF A320 Ultimate, max autogen, weather and zoom level 18 orthos. I can't seem to do the same with P3D v4 with similar setup. (fps in the mid teens)

On 4/11/2018 at 1:58 PM, Nigelhj said:

This is very good news, brings forward more realism to True Earth for X Plane 11.  Would ORBX be doing the liveries or would that be down to X Plane?  Already thinking of purchasing X Plane as it appears to be moving forward quicker than other sim platformsm though will still keep FSX for the North American flights I do.

Regards

Nigelhj

Having dedicated trains...WOW...so cool for the PNW release when it comes...talk about zeroing in on reality!  I can't wait!

On 4/12/2018 at 11:16 AM, John Venema said:

We intend to release England, Scotland and Wales as TrueEarth regions for X-Plane 11 this year.

At the same time we will begin development on those same TrueEarth regions for AFS2 and FSX/P3D. We hope to release some of those regions this year for those sims but there are a LOT of concurrent projects in play so we have to balance our team’s resources.

Is it known if is it planned for the P3D version of TrueEarth England be released this year?

Thanks,

Caleb

Have just one more question regarding True Earth UK region, as I am still using FSX and may very well possibly go with P3dv4 (due to the amount of payware a/c and ORBX Products I have) as FSX is 32bit and P3Dv4 is 64bit, will True Earth UK be sold as separate downloads for each of these platforms?

The only reason I ask is that to produce one for 32bit and the other for 64bit, does that require different coding or will True Earth UK be compatible as one download for either 32 or 64bit FSX/P3Dv4?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Nigelhj

We will be separating 32-bit versions from 64-bit versions purely because the 4GB limit of 32-bit platforms just cannot run the full TrueEarth feature set. However, we will only charge once for a TrueEarth region for FSX/P3D so this will allow you to upgrade to 64-bit P3D without having to purchase the region again.

We will be separating 32-bit versions from 64-bit versions purely because the 4GB limit of 32-bit platforms just cannot run the full TrueEarth feature set. However, we will only charge once for a TrueEarth region for FSX/P3D so this will allow you to upgrade to 64-bit P3D without having to purchase the region again.

Many thanks John, that's a great help.

Regards

Nigelhj

Hi John these new True Earth Scenery's/Regions sound great and no doubt will enhance everyone's flying experiences, I have what may seem a little cheeky question re pricing. Others like myself who have Every product you have produced to date, would it be possible to have some kind of loyalty discount when we buy these new goodies? I understand it costs a heck of a lot to produce these almost works of art so I wouldn't expect a huge amount off but in return for supporting you from day dot as they say "a little goes a long way." I fully understand if you say no but I thought I'd ask just in case no one has already and if they have then just ignore this post and keep up the good work guys ;-)

I currently use both P3D and XP11, each has its strengths and weaknesses, although I will say I'm starting to fly in XP11 more these days after upgrading my rig. I have a 8700K @4.7ghz, 32GB ram and a 1080ti, I can run XP11 maxed out @4k and still get around  low to mid 20s  FPS is heavy areas like Los Angeles in a complex aircraft like the FF A320 Ultimate, max autogen, weather and zoom level 18 orthos. I can't seem to do the same with P3D v4 with similar setup. (fps in the mid teens)

Many thanks for the comparison Graffix75, your account has given me much needed info into how those 2 platforms run, my specs are i5 4690 CPU @ 3.50Ghz, 8GB Ram and G-Force GTX 760 which would run both quite easily but not maxed out unfortunately.

Regards

Nigelhj

I´ve watched the X-Plane 11 TrueEarth England videos a few times and I have to say that when compared to all these lovely screenshots and videos from P3D TrueEarth Netherlands, it doesn´t look that good. Textures are more blurry and the colors just aren´t as realistic as in TrueEarth Netherlands. Any reason for what ? 

Hello Ticker 7, very nice to meet you for the first time.

I'm afraid I cannot agree with you on your question.  Good try though I must admit:P Seen a few of these same requests over the years.

You must remember, we occasionally we get first-rate free scenery from Orbx, The people who can least afford it get a nice discount, then it's like the betting shop or TAB as we call it down here, do you really think they'd give you a free bet because you bet each week on whatever.  No way. This is a business, a well run business too.

That's just one example.  Good try, though:D

Regards Jim/NZ

Hi Ticker7. If you want lower prices then just wait for the sales that are regular with discounts of up to nearly 50% and just buy what you want then or you can wait until your an old coot like quite a few of us are here and then you will get a lifetime discount of 30% is it, I’m an old coot so can not remember. Derek. :D

Archived