Mesopotamia

Stillwater

As I did not find a paraguayan livery for any of my planes, I had to charter a cargo freighter for the move out of Asuncion.

2018-4-1_15-21SGAS.jpg
2018-4-1_15-44-15-948.jpg

Autumn is coming, with a series of cloud layers over the central south american plains...
2018-4-1_15-50-28-779.jpg

... but Rio Parana is still well visible, forming the border between Paraguay and Argentina here. 
2018-4-1_16-3RioParana.jpg

The land between Rio Parana and the Rio Uruguay is named Mesopotamia. Just to confuse you, in case you hoped for a preview of OLC Asia...
2018-4-1_16-23RioUruguay.jpg

Obviously Rio Uruguay forms the border of Argentina and Uruguay. Which is also hidden by clouds today...
2018-4-1_16-46-54-45.jpg

Descending we see the green plains...
2018-4-1_17-5-29-881.jpg

... and Montevideo city.

2018-4-1_17-11Montevideo.jpg

That bird is surprisingly good to control...

2018-4-1_17-12SUMU.jpg

... and has powerful brakes.

2018-4-1_17-13-29-701.jpg

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

1 hour ago, European Mountain Man said:

super set of shots Gerold regards EMM

Glad you are here & you like them, Stewart.

8 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Glorious set Gerold and a beautiful plane too.

What are you smuggling out of Paraguay to need such a big jet!:unsure:

No need to bring beef (or owls to Athens), just some natural medicine (leaves that are named like a popular soft drink from Atlanta) :ph34r:.

38 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

No need to bring beef (or owls to Athens), just some natural medicine (leaves that are named like a popular soft drink from Atlanta) :ph34r:.

It sounds like things are going well Gerold.;)

I thought you were going to smuggling  a plane load of Guinea Pigs to Germany to introduce your fellow countrymen to this culinary delight.:o

I can see the sign now, Gerold's Meerschweinchen Restaurant:lol:

21 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I thought you were going to smuggling  a plane load of Guinea Pigs to Germany to introduce your fellow countrymen to this culinary delight.:o

:lol:

17 minutes ago, paulb said:

Great flight Gerold! Yes, I was confused at first, but that is not unusual :huh:

:lol:

Great flight and tour Gerold.  You had me confused too with Mesopotamia, this is a new factoid on me.

I'd like to give an up vote but it said I can't, I only gave a couple today.  I wonder what happened?  :wacko:

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

I would be smuggling this culinary delight in a much smaller plane: Just have a pair of them in hand luggage. Wait some weeks and your stock is full :D.

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Great flight Gerold! Yes, I was confused at first, but that is not unusual :huh:.

You´re welcome, Paul. I was also surprised when I read the name on the map...!

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Outstanding shots and interesting flight..  We do not see that part of the world very often.

Thanks John. Perhaps I´ll find another Llano Estacado on my tour tambien!

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great flight and tour Gerold.  You had me confused too with Mesopotamia, this is a new factoid on me.

I'd like to give an up vote but it said I can't, I only gave a couple today.  I wonder what happened?  :wacko:

Haha, good that I only confuse you with geographic names. Imagine this would be caused by the dishes in my Guinea Pig restaurant!

23 minutes ago, BradB said:

Tremendous shots Gerold , you have put us all to shame with our earlier attempts . :):(

Cheers

John

Too much of a compliment, John. Your settings are also very, very good!

Just now, Stillwater said:

Haha, good that I only confuse you with geographic names. Imagine this would be caused by the dishes in my Guinea Pig restaurant!

Yuck, my daughter had two Guinea Pigs, they were nasty critters that I had to clean up after.  Wouldn't eat one unless it was in a haggis! :lol:

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Glorious set Gerold and a beautiful plane too.

What are you smuggling out of Paraguay to need such a big jet!:unsure:

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Maybe Gerold is a SA gun runner incognito ;) If business was good, such a large plane would be required..and faster than your typical banana republic gun running DC-3 or smaller GA plane. Not that I know anything about such practices <_<:D

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Maybe Gerold is a SA gun runner incognito ;) If business was good, such a large plane would be required..and faster than your typical banana republic gun running DC-3 or smaller GA plane. Not that I know anything about such practices <_<:D

My geography lesson turns into something different, appearing to me... perhaps we have to point out that all what is written here is pure fiction and the characters have no relation to reality, too :ph34r::D!

Archived