Foz do Iguacu

Stillwater

It was nearly obvious where I would take the tourists to after arriving at el Aeroporto Internacional de Foz do Iguacu, though the airfield looks a bit deserted...

2018-3-31_15-27Cataratas.jpg

First we go north over the city of Foz...

2018-3-31_15-31FozdoIguacu.jpg

... and then a spin over the huge Lake Itaipu.

2018-3-31_15-37LakeItaipu.jpg

The lake is there, but where´s the dam?

2018-3-31_15-38ItaipuDam.jpg

OK, here you can spot it (under the 530´s tail). Just a bit greener than in RL...!

2018-3-31_15-41-0-980.jpg

Let´s follow the Iguacu river which seperates the cities Ciudad del Este on the Paraguay side (right), Foz do Iguacu on the Brazil side (left) and Puerto Iguazu in Argenina (at the horizon).

2018-3-31_15-43CiudaddelEste.jpg
2018-3-31_15-49-37-535.jpg
2018-3-31_15-51-27-367.jpg

Here we shoud see the Iguacu Falls. Difficult to overlook them, it is the largest waterfall system in the world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iguazu_Falls OK, maybe the effects are missing here...
2018-3-31_15-53IguacuFalls.jpg

And just south of the falls is another international airport: SARI, called Aeropuerto 

Mayor D Carlos Eduardo Krause                            

. What a name!

2018-3-31_15-54SARI.jpg

Nice. I think the Iguassu Falls were the first thing I looked for when LC South America was released. Whilst not modelled the area generally is very good indeed. Such a pity that Buenos Aires is modelled so very badly but I digress! Good job Stillwater.

21 minutes ago, Daz Kealy said:

Nice. I think the Iguassu Falls were the first thing I looked for when LC South America was released. Whilst not modelled the area generally is very good indeed. Such a pity that Buenos Aires is modelled so very badly but I digress! Good job Stillwater.

Thanks for the comment, Daz. I always hope that our feedback re some special lacks of openLC would be noted by someone for an occasional update - at least we make it easier. Who knows what will come... ;)!

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, despite some minor shortcomings which I'm sure will be fix this was great tour Gerold, and I love that white livery too.

Thanks Jack. I love the 530, it is such a great model. And I really hope the POI gaps we identify today will be closed tomorrow.

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Fantastic shots and even better spelling Gerold . :):rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

You know the challenge I was facing here, John. Wikipedia and Leo were needed to help me :D!

45 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

A nice exploratory flight of this area of South America. It would have been nice to see the falls, but the scenery still looks pretty good for your flight.

Thanks Landon. Ain´t these trees great?

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful flight Gerold.

Did the tourists get their money back as the attraction was missing?:huh:

Surely... not, Martyn. As usual all over the world for these scenic flights the tourists are charged heavily and get no guarantees or refunds. Plus, they find the tip cab at the exit of the airport, just next to the street robbers.

6 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Superior selection of shots Gerold!

Thanks, Bermuda!

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Well if the airport has a pub, no problem, all the more for me. :D  Nice little flight there Gerold! :)

Thanks for bringing the correct focus back to us, Adam :D.

5 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you, Iain!

1 hour ago, paulb said:

A very interesting and informative flight Gerold! :)

You´re welcome, Paul.

1 minute ago, bernd1151 said:

Terrific flight, Gerold. Btw, if you google Iguacu Falls, you'll find a freeware one for FSX. But of course I'm not sure, whether it works in 4.2

What an interesting suggestion, Bernd. I´ll have a look...!

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Terrific flight, Gerold. Btw, if you google Iguacu Falls, you'll find a freeware one for FSX. But of course I'm not sure, whether it works in 4.2

Grabbed it from Avsim, Bernd. And it works well, see below. Thanks for the hint!

17 hours ago, Daz Kealy said:

Seems to be worth looking for some (older?) freeware in case of missing details. I am very pleased:

Now we have got the Itaipu Dam...

2018-4-1_14-13ItaipuDam.jpg

... the Bridge of Friendship...

2018-4-1_14-16PontedaAmizade.jpg

... and the falls.

2018-4-1_14-26IguacuFalls.jpg

Archived