Taking tourists to the floresta verde

Stillwater

Still lacking the appropriate mid-range (and mid-level) airliner I had to choose the FSX-default 738 (just copied into p3d) for this flight from Sao Paulo into the Hinterland. Luckily enough there are some brazilian liveries out there on Avsim. So we (quickly) got ready at SBSP Congonhas, with quite some other traffic around...

2018-3-30_19-9Congonhas.jpg

The default plane has no real autothrottle, so the attempt to set the speed automatically was kind of risky...
2018-3-30_19-19SBSP.jpg

... but successful, at least. Please note I have added some 3rd party cityscape here.
2018-3-30_19-20-28-58.jpg
2018-3-30_19-22SaoPaulo.jpg

Quite some clouds even on FL320.
2018-3-30_20-15-12-6.jpg

2018-3-30_20-36-39-937.jpg

Approaching into Foz de Iguacu, Catararas airport over the Rio Parana. You can read the approach instructions from the freshly updated Pro-ATC/X, which really works well even with default airliners.

2018-3-30_20-43Approach.jpg

Nothing but a green ocean, already here (and there still are cities around)...
2018-3-30_20-45GreenOcean.jpg
2018-3-30_20-47-4-596.jpg

Not the best landing, consequently, as there is no ILS and not even a vertical indication from the FMC. But at least we hit the runway! Now let´s see what touristic attractions are around here...
2018-3-30_20-51SBFICataratas.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very good tour Gerold and amazed that you can get the FSX 737 to work.  

Thank you Jack. The FSX 737 is not too ugly and - together with a good ATC program - can be run quite relaxed. Plus, it has loads of liveries on the www.

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thanks, Iain!

1 hour ago, BradB said:

I enjoyed the trip Gerold , your sim looks amazing . :):)

Cheers

John

Thank you, John. Let´s see how much variation this continent will show!

9 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

A nice flight in that default 737 from FSX Gerold. 

Yeah, she is well worth porting her over - I have the 777 from PMDG and am not interested to buy the similar tool at a similar price...!

Superb shots as always, Gerold!!

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

... amazed that you can get the FSX 737 to work.  

+1. That means that at least in theory, all default FSX planes should then work in 4.2,  this includes the 747. And then maybe also the POSKY 777, which has quite a decent FMC. This a great news for me, who is still on 3.4 and plans eventually to upgrade :)

1 minute ago, bernd1151 said:

Superb shots as always, Gerold!!

+1. That means that at least in theory, all default FSX planes should then work in 4.2,  this includes the 747. And then maybe also the POSKY 777, which has quite a decent FMC. This a great news for me, who is still on 3.4 and plans eventually to upgrade :)

It´s always worth a little trial, and you can´t damage anything as long as you do not need any installers.

I usually install new stuff into an empty folder named "FSX" on another drive to see if any effects or gauges come with it. That means I can completely remove them in case they do not work as hoped...

Archived