Herron's Nest - XP11

BradB

2 hours ago, mikee said:

Great set John , well done ! I like the paint a lot !

Where did you get it from and is this ORBX or RealAir ?

Mike

Hi Mike. It’s a free one I believe, I have it but can not remember if it’s free or payware. Just remembered it’s freeware from the Xplane.org website and fly’s like a dream. Yes even Xplane 11 has come on a lot since Xplane 10 and now Orbx are involved it will get even better. Derek.

Sorry John forgot yes very nice pics. One thing you might be able to help me with. When I tried Herons Nest the airfield was okay but when I tried the water runway the aircraft crashed as soon as it loaded, mean smoke coming from the engine and the aircraft just spinning around and no sign of any land at all. Meant to say this is in Xplane. Any idea’s. Derek.

32 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Sorry John forgot yes very nice pics. One thing you might be able to help me with. When I tried Herons Nest the airfield was okay but when I tried the water runway the aircraft crashed as soon as it loaded, mean smoke coming from the engine and the aircraft just spinning around and no sign of any land at all. Meant to say this is in Xplane. Any idea’s. Derek.

Hey Derek - I have not explored the sea plane base yet ; I plan to today . As like P3D , I keep crash detection off , you might try that . I am still a X-Plane Newbie so it's a whole new world out there for me to explore and learn .

John

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Hey Derek - I have not explored the sea plane base yet ; I plan to today . As like P3D , I keep crash detection off , you might try that . I am still a X-Plane Newbie so it's a whole new world out there for me to explore and learn .

John

Hi John. Yes I’m pretty new to Xplane as well. Did try it years ago think when it had just changed to Xplane 10 but god trying to set up the controls was a pain and I didn’t like it and it wasn’t until the last few patches that it got better and then Xplane 11 was a different ball game. I quite like it now but it can still be a bit painful especially when installing new stuff as you don’t have usually self installers. I think I will stick with them both, that’s Xplane and P3Dv4. As for crash detection I don’t think it has it. Crashing is nothing like P3D or FSX, in Xplane you crash, there’s fires and smoke and things break off, plus you can like if you overspeed you can set it up to have say the ailerons break off or whatever. Derek.

Archived