Plum Island Girl - XP11

BradB

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

That first shot is a real picture, John - have you been on the island on vacation recently?

Plus, your livery has a special touch, I cannot specify, but there is something about it.

I know the general area , but no I have not been out to the Island .

John

10 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Well done, John, nice shots.

I already flew at KACK, but not yet 2B2........with the long Easter weekend ahead there certainly will be some time to inspect that girl......eh island.

Cheers Fred

I will be anxious to hear your take on the Orbx TrueEarth scenery product that will be coming out soon for your country . If you will be able to spot your house , then we really have found the "Holy Grail" of flight simming . :unsure::rolleyes::D

John

10 minutes ago, BradB said:

I will be anxious to hear your take on the Orbx TrueEarth scenery product that will be coming out soon for your country . If you will be able to spot your house , then we really have found the "Holy Grail" of flight simming . :unsure::rolleyes::D

John

I hope that my FSX system is able to generate the same level of details as Iain posted with his P3D system. I requested for some FSX shots and Iain will see if an Beta tester is willing to post some FSX shots.

The level of details is so magnificient (in P3D), I might consider to switch to that sim.

Sure about the house spotting. The ultimate Objectflow/Peopleflow should be when my wife is waving from our garden when I am flying over the house.....!

Cheers Fred

1 minute ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shots, John. Now that you have tried XP11, what do you think of it. I have it, but so far haven't installed it yet.

Absolutely love it , it was far easier to setup than earlier versions . I will have to make a hard choice in the near future between P3D and XP11 , I can't afford all the new scenery for both .

John

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

The level of details is so magnificient (in P3D), I might consider to switch to that sim.

It means some work, Fred, but the risk is very limited nowadays: For most add-ons you get v4-ready versions for free ot at an acceptable rate. My excemptions are PMDG (they charge you like hell) and Aerosoft (still no updates on lots of stuff, I don´t know why).

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

The ultimate Objectflow/Peopleflow should be when my wife is waving from our garden when I am flying over the house.....!

Interesting idea... especially when merged with the Island Girl from above...!

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice ones John!  I was flying there yesterday and it's great.  I'm wondering about something though, since XP is mostly photo, flattened photos right, can you fly under that bridge?  Did Orbx add it as a three dimensional bridge?

I did fly under the bridge without any issues Jack , but I was upright and not inverted . Sorry I know , pretty lame .......:D:huh::(:lol:

John

Archived