What a wonderful coastline

Stillwater

Pre-note: This post contains a blend of Orbx Vector / landclass / textures / autogen and the photoreal / autogen sceneries of the a.m. 3rd party provider. I feel this gives a glimpse of the upcoming TrueEarth technology, albeit not as perfect as in the Netherlands teaser shots... 

After being busy with work & skiing holidays, I finally found time to conduct this long-planned continuation of my South America tour. On a early morning in march I got to grab a KingAir in Rio / Santos Dumont...

2018-3-30_12-18SantosDumont.jpg

... turned out over the city...

2018-3-30_12-37SBRJ.jpg
2018-3-30_12-39Rio.jpg

... and headed westwards.

2018-3-30_12-44Jacarepagua.jpg

I like these views...

2018-3-30_12-55-23-774.jpg

... over the bay of Angra dos Reis, for example.

2018-3-30_12-58AngradosReis.jpg

Ain´t this a beautiful coast?

2018-3-30_13-1-33-708.jpg

Passing the city of Ubatuba, ...

2018-3-30_13-10Ubatuba.jpg
2018-3-30_13-14-57-655.jpg

... the terminal of Sao Sebastiao, ...

2018-3-30_13-18SaoSebastiao.jpg

... the coast at the Riviera de Sao Lourenco, ...

2018-3-30_13-25RivieradeSaoLourenco.jpg

... and the harbour of Santos, ...

2018-3-30_13-33Santos.jpg

... before closing in on downwind to Sao Paulo Congonhas airport.

2018-3-30_13-49SaoPauloCongonhas.jpg

Well, there SHOULD be an airport...

2018-3-30_13-54-4-314.jpg

OK, got it!

2018-3-30_13-55-21-331.jpg
2018-3-30_13-57SBSP.jpg

The next leg should be a bigger distance, hope I find a suitable south american livery for that one.

44 minutes ago, BradB said:

Bravo Gerold , these are literally works of art and are some of best shots from SA that I have ever seen . Skiing in the Alps has inspired you to greatness . :):wub:B):D

Cheers

John

Thank you, John. I might suggest to wifey I need more inspiration like that ... but probably my other boss won´t like that. Life is not easy as a simmer.

8 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I agree with John, works of art and some your finest Gerold.  It looks like you may have changed settings?

Thanks Jack. No change, not PTA or other fancy tweaks. It is "just" the mentioned scenery, the full Orbx load, ActiveSky_P3Dv4, ASCA and REX 4 Texture Direct. Plus early morning...

Wow Gerold, truly epic shots here of SA! I also have not seen anything this sharp and detailed for SA before. As for skiing, I trust you had a good time? I can never get enough skiing..always want to do another run down the mountain :D

4 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thank you, Iain!

3 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

tremendous set here Gerold!

Thanks, Dolf.

4 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Thanks Gerold for these wonderful shots of Brazil! The scenery sure looks very good.

I am sure this are will also look nice in RL... but the bunch of add-ons helps in virtual quite a bit!

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Wow Gerold, truly epic shots here of SA! I also have not seen anything this sharp and detailed for SA before. As for skiing, I trust you had a good time? I can never get enough skiing..always want to do another run down the mountain :D

Thank you, Landon. As mentioned in the intro I have mixed quite a number of add-ons to get these results.

Great snow in the alps currently, though unfortunately the clouds are frequently limiting visibility. Just like in flight simming...! But those sunny days are so rewarding!

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Some fantastic scenery on your downhill run to Sao Paulo Gerold, Brazil has never looked so good.:)

I shall await with anticipation to see where you will skidaddle off to next.:wacko:

Thank you Martyn. I feel this would be one of the most attractive parts of virtual Brazil - up to date.

You give me some inspiration... I would not expect snow in Brazil, but do we have water skis in p3d already B)?

41 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Martyn. I feel this would be one of the most attractive parts of virtual Brazil - up to date.

You give me some inspiration... I would not expect snow in Brazil, but do we have water skis in p3d already B)?

Thanks Gerold.

Plenty of water skis:huh:. This is due to the latest Pilots Mesh not aligning some features, there are many sloping lakes and rivers.:lol::lol::wacko:

3 hours ago, mikee said:

Beautiful set Gerold , I like them all :rolleyes:

Thank you, Mikee.

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Beautiful shots Gerold, you did good! :)

Thanks Adam.

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold.

Plenty of water skis:huh:. This is due to the latest Pilots Mesh not aligning some features, there are many sloping lakes and rivers.:lol::lol::wacko:

Thanks to the fact being a slow adopter, I use Global mesh 2010. So all the lakes and rivers I have seen yet are flat...

14 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks to the fact being a slow adopter, I use Global mesh 2010. So all the lakes and rivers I have seen yet are flat...

This was another reason I stuck with P3DV2.4 for so long as I could never get GM2010 to work in V3.:blink::wacko::angry:

Archived