TrueEarth Great Britain and EGCB Barton for X-Plane 11 - teaser trailer video

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:06 PM, John Venema said:

We have most FTX England airports being converted to XP11 right now, some will be ready for release soon after TrueEarth GB South.

thanks would love for eghi to be ported over go nice with true earth south also can you make all xplane 11 airports WT3 compatible please thanks

If I bought the P3D version of EU England and EU Wales now, would there be a discount for an upgrade to True Earth when it's released on P3D? 

I don't want to be spending a lot of money only for it to no longer be the best experience - and I'd get the True Earth when it came out.

The big reveal will happen at the flight simulation show at Cosford UK this coming Saturday and then posted on the forums and our social media. All your questions will be answered.

If you are attending Cosford we will have two PCs at the show running a near-final version of GB South.

55 minutes ago, John Venema said:

The big reveal will happen at the flight simulation show at Cosford UK this coming Saturday and then posted on the forums and our social media. All your questions will be answered.

If you are attending Cosford we will have two PCs at the show running a near-final version of GB South.

Sounds good - see you there :mellow:

Really thought I would be flying GB South this week maybe next though ? that's Great John cant wait to see the big Reveal, BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME FOR THIS , though I will not be able to attend which is a real shame will be watching through the social channels. Best of luck for Saturday 

Is it for X-Plane 11 only or will it comes together with a version for P3D ? I'm not sure about it by reading this thread. The headline speaks about "for  X-Plane 11" but many comments here are sounding as if there will be a release for the other platforms at the same (or near the same) time. That would be amazing!

mfg Kai

19 minutes ago, KaiUweWeiss said:

Is it for X-Plane 11 only or will it comes together with a version for P3D ? I'm not sure about it by reading this thread. The headline speaks about "for  X-Plane 11" but many comments here are sounding as if there will be a release for the other platforms at the same (or near the same) time. That would be amazing!

mfg Kai

Not the same time afaik. TE Netherlands for AFS2 was released a few months after the initial release for P3D so I think the release of GB for P3D (and AFS2) will also take a few months. Although I of course hope I am totally wrong when it comes to the AFS2 version. ;) But I have to add that waiting a while isn't bad: the AFS2 version of TE Netherlands contained a LOT of improvements (which afaik still aren't there in P3D as we speak). So I don't mind waiting for an improved version of TE GB for AFS2. ;) 

6 hours ago, John Venema said:

Thank you for heads-up John, looking forward for the release of this project.  Wish I can attend Cosford...have to work instead.

I have been in and out watching for any news and really looking forward to seeing the 'Big Reveal' of True Earth UK South.

As for the release I am quite happy to bide my time until the day comes, as my father once said to me when I was young: 'Looking forward to something is just as exciting as receiving it'.

Regards

Nigel.

Still using FSX and got lost with all the information out there but am i reading that TE Great Britain will not be available for FSX? I know XP is first, then P3Dv4. Guess got confused with the first pinned topic from March 14 in General Discussion about the UK/Ireland photo regions coming to fsx. Just need help getting straightened out.

Reading the topic  True Earth Great Britain coming in hot and read it differently. 

Now I think I have it. Read the post about oom's with 32 bit programs and the indefinite delay or postponement of TE versions.

I also have FSX and still use it because of all the classic aircraft I have.  Also have X Plane11 and looking forward to the release of True Earth UK however, as far as FSX goes and Orbx being Orbx, they hopefully will  in some way overcome the problems of 32bit applications even though it may not come for a while, I am sure that they will find a way round this problem in one form or another.

Regards

Nigel.

I will be getting this product.

I have massive amounts of ortho and overlays already, this is the one area where XP shines. But this is a much higher level.

I also found that I needed to upgrade my RAM to 32gb. Once I did that no issues.

My XP11+ is running smooth and steady and I have many ortho areas with overlays and run with sliders set to max.

I7-6700K  4.2GHZ overclocked, GTX 970 4GB 7GHZ GDDR5, RAM 32G DDR4 2133MHZ, Win7 Professional, FSX, P3DV4+, XP-11
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series F4-2133C15D-16GVR DDR4 2133MHZ 32GB(8GBX4) Memory Kit

3 hours ago, John Hargreaves said:

I'm planning a complete fresh install of XP11 just for this

Curious as to why one would need a "fresh" install. The way this program works and sceneries are added or removed as well aircraft, I can't see the benefit.

I'm running 1.75 terabytes of ortho on another drive, shortcutted to the sim Scenery folder. My sim, my frames, run smooth as silk. I intend to do the same for Orbx ortho, unless they have done something to break the system which I doubt.

I have three separate installs of X-Plane currently, one completely vanilla with no addons (except aircraft) for the beta, one with scenery for VR, and one for 2D with various addons that don't work/have no benefit for VR, such as moving map on another screen. Each one has its own quirks and character (and performance), and you get so many library folders etc that probably won't be necessary for OrbX. A clean install allows you to start from scratch without loads of pointless files that you may or may not need, so it feels better for me. Not saying it's totally necessary, but that's just what I'm planning to do.

I can have a clean install just for UK flights, and another for other areas such as USA, but I'm tending to use AFS2 for USA and XP for the UK, due to what scenery is available.

3 minutes ago, John Hargreaves said:

I have three separate installs of X-Plane currently, one completely vanilla with no addons (except aircraft) for the beta, one with scenery for VR, and one for 2D with various addons that don't work/have no benefit for VR, such as moving map on another screen. Each one has its own quirks and character (and performance), and you get so many library folders etc that probably won't be necessary for OrbX. A clean install allows you to start from scratch without loads of pointless files that you may or may not need, so it feels better for me. Not saying it's totally necessary, but that's just what I'm planning to do.

Agree regarding a separate XP install. Only Europe base install, no Libraries etc just TE GB plus Barton. Nothing else. My other worldwide coverage install with loads of addons will remain for non GB flying. I fly VFR low and slow so have no real interest in flying UK to Europe so an independent TE GB install suits my flying preference. Should I ever want to fly UK to Europe I will just add a shortcut entry to TE GB into my worldwide copy of XP11. The beauty of XP is that you can just cut and paste another copy anywhere you want with no worries about AppData, Registry entries etc. The other alternative of course is as fltsimguy says and have all your sceneries on a seperate Drive linked by shortcuts.

11 hours ago, Piers Herbert said:

Just got home from Cosford. GB south looks fantastic. Now deleting all currently installed X plane ortho scenery for Wales and England south of 53 degrees north.

"south of 53 degrees north"

That was the information I've been after for a while now! Thanks.

9 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Agree regarding a separate XP install. Only Europe base install, no Libraries etc just TE GB plus Barton. Nothing else. My other worldwide coverage install with loads of addons will remain for non GB flying. I fly VFR low and slow so have no real interest in flying UK to Europe so an independent TE GB install suits my flying preference. Should I ever want to fly UK to Europe I will just add a shortcut entry to TE GB into my worldwide copy of XP11. The beauty of XP is that you can just cut and paste another copy anywhere you want with no worries about AppData, Registry entries etc. The other alternative of course is as fltsimguy says and have all your sceneries on a seperate Drive linked by shortcuts.

OK this is interesting. I only have the one install. So I assume that its "legal" to have more than one as long as its on the same computer? I used to have a complete backup of FSX and P3D but gave this up because of the staggering amount of data storage.

16 minutes ago, fltsimguy said:

OK this is interesting. I only have the one install. So I assume that its "legal" to have more than one as long as its on the same computer? I used to have a complete backup of FSX and P3D but gave this up because of the staggering amount of data storage.

Yes it is, and when you run the installer it actually asks you if you'd like to download another copy - unlike some other sims!

On 10/6/2018 at 10:32 PM, Piers Herbert said:

Just got home from Cosford. GB south looks fantastic. Now deleting all currently installed X plane ortho scenery for Wales and England south of 53 degrees north.

Fantastic, Thats the info im looking for, so since the 53 Degree North passes through Stoke, im guessing that my house might just sneak onto the South region in cannock.  Fabulous news. 

Cant wait for the weekend.

Have Both  and very happy ,just picked up xp11 after a 6 year gap of simming ,the difference between then and now is amazing , Barton is 5 mins from where I grew up, and have been hundreds of times, especially during the Major airshows back in the 70,s 80,s we saw everything ! , I can actually see mum and dads house and field at the back, I can't imagine where this will go in 5 years from now. But in my 3-month search for scenery, add-ons, etc etc !you are killing it! but just for me please cut the grass on the strips at EGCB, they look ace from the air but ugly from the ground !everything else about it is spot on for now.x

Archived