TrueEarth Great Britain and EGCB Barton for X-Plane 11 - teaser trailer video

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondering when True Earth UK is released whether it would be possible for your team to produce BOB for X Plane.  

Would be great to be able to walk around some of the towns and villages as well as airports especially Barton which I purchased recently as I do in FSX though it will be a much better experience in True Earth.

Regards

Nigel.

Just a small comment from a sports addict.

If at all possible could you please add in the famous sports grounds we hear about down-under, but probably will never see. eg Lords, Edgbaston?, Twickers, the famous race tracks etc.

Jim

On 8/20/2018 at 1:47 AM, JimNZ said:

Just a small comment from a sports addict.

If at all possible could you please add in the famous sports grounds we hear about down-under, but probably will never see. eg Lords, Edgbaston?, Twickers, the famous race tracks etc.

Jim

I very much expect they'll be there OR the imagery will depict them very clearly :)

All I miss from FSX is my collection of ORBX scenery.  Us XPlainers are like a ravenous horde gasping for the latest Orbx emissions.  Hint to management.  If you're looking for XP talent take a gander at the gents at 'Propstrike'.  They definitely have the goods.

I Cant believe this, I was thinking of making something myself thinking no one knew about Barton Aerodrome, being my local and favourite  as I prefer to call it lol, but here it is  , I grew up in Irlam just past Macro, and have visited the airport for over 40 yrs ,it used to host huge Airshows, mainly flypast displays for obvious reasons , the modelling on the buildings is spot on right down to the listed derelict old barn and airport garage, as for the control tower I believe it is one of the oldest in the world of its type .anywayits now purchased i love it ! 

the city centre however and salfordquays area is lacking but i guess we can hopefully soon get Citys and surrouning areas etc . Cheers made my day x

The only thing I’m hoping for is that the Airports from the likes of MisterX6 hope I’ve got that right and the other very good Xplane designers will fit in well with the new scenery. As it would be a shame if they did not. Derek.

Not sure if season is planned for TE England, but if it is, it would be nice to have a version without winter textures to save space. My reason for asking is that Xenviro is planning on adding dynamic snow that works with ortho, and that would make winter textures uneccesary.

4 hours ago, tonywob said:

MisterX hasn't made any airports in Europe as far as I know

Yes sorry Tony as I was thinking more of the Pacific Northwest but don’t think that’s coming for awhile yet and as you say he mainly concentrates on the big Stateside Airports. Getting a bit ahead of myself. Sorry Derek.

3 hours ago, david broome said:

Any idea on a True Earth Great Britain release date yet?

Orbx, along with just about all software development firms, knows that predicting or announcing release dates are a minefield.

However, sticking my neck out, putting my life on the line, my reputation hanging by a thread, balancing on a tightrope with the sword of Damocles poised above my cranium, I'll make a prediction that True Earth Southern England will be released some time in the future, followed by the other two GB regions somewhat further down the space time continuum..  

On 9/11/2018 at 12:29 PM, david broome said:

That is exciting news.

Should be a great end of year for Xplane all around with 2.3 enhancements and hopefully initial Vulkan implementation complemented with OrbX scenery.

Noticed too late to edit, I did of course mean 11.3 Xplane update which is expected soon.

I'll make a prediction that True Earth Southern England will be released some time in the future, followed by the other two GB regions somewhat further down the space time continuum..  

I had often wondered about True Earth England after the release of True Earth Netherlands for P3D being 76.5Gb in size and being very much a smaller area than England and whether or not True Earth England would come complete or split into sections.

If in the latter will they be released as Southern, Midland and North?  Or am I being led up the garden path in my old age?  As was hoping that when released Barton Airport of which I already have would finally have True Earth fitted nicely around it.

Regards

Nigel.

23 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Yes you are right and there is a post about that but I do not know how to point to the post. Plus I believe it will be split into 3 parts. Hopefully it seems we will learn more at the Flight Sim show. Derek.

Hopefully before then.

I know they have been beta testing internally for a while though there is quite literally a lot of ground to cover.

John said hopefully before Cosford so if all goes well end September seems like a good bet with it shown off at Cosford.

At least we know it is imminent in the next few weeks.

23 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Yes you are right and there is a post about that but I do not know how to point to the post. Plus I believe it will be split into 3 parts. Hopefully it seems we will learn more at the Flight Sim show. Derek.

Is this the post to which you refer?

Message to John Venema and ORBX developers re this new product:

Just a suggestion but I (and many others, I expect) have Orthophotos installed for X-Plane 11. When you do the TrueEarth scenery regions, do you think you could make them co-incide with the tiles, and sub-sets thereof, e.g., ( http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/Coverage map viewfinderpanoramas_org3.htm )?

I ask this as I understand the ORBX scenery GB and NI will be released in stages and it would be nice to delete the Orthophotos as we go, to save disk space, loading duplicates etc.

Or perhaps advise, before installation, which tiles are being over-written?

DadTom65 and Fizzelle, very many thanks for your answers to my question.

Just a suggestion but I (and many others, I expect) have Orthophotos installed for X-Plane 11. When you do the TrueEarth scenery regions, do you think you could make them co-incide with the tiles, and sub-sets thereof, e.g., ( http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/Coverage map viewfinderpanoramas_org3.htm )?

I ask this as I understand the ORBX scenery GB and NI will be released in stages and it would be nice to delete the Orthophotos as we go, to save disk space, loading duplicates etc.

Or perhaps advise, before installation, which tiles are being over-written?

I also have Ortho4XP along with SimHeaven_X_Europe but rather than having to install say TrueEarth UK South whilst keeping Ortho for the Midlands and North I will just delete them all so as to ensure a clean install without possible confliction between the 2 sceneries.  Would be quite happy just to fly around the south for a couple of months until the next release.  Will be worth the wait!!

Just my thoughts anyway.

Regards

Nigel.

3 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

Just a suggestion but I (and many others, I expect) have Orthophotos installed for X-Plane 11. When you do the TrueEarth scenery regions, do you think you could make them co-incide with the tiles, and sub-sets thereof, e.g., ( http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/Coverage map viewfinderpanoramas_org3.htm )?

They are in 1x1 tiles already as we have no choice. This is the only way to distribute mesh based sceneries for X-Plane.

As far as the whole compatibility with Ortho goes, I am looking forward to Orbx precisely because, within what seems to be about a year or so, based on the Orbx "roadmap," substantial regions of XP will be covered by Orbx and Ortho won't be a concern for me.  As a latecomer to XP, finally drawn to the platform as a result of the visual improvements brought by XP11, I find the whole Ortho business is a big drag--many regions are imperfect and the autogen derived from current libraries is pretty rudimentary. (As a break from XP's world scenery, I still dip into late-lamented FSW from time to time--FSW, of course, has Orbx Global Base "baked in", and so still sports the best default scenery of any of the platforms) I am eagerly looking forward to becoming XP's scenery solution.

Hi John. That’s great news about True Earth South being the first out for Xplane. Will be nice to see what it’s like in my area. On the question of the Airports, will this be just the ones that are out now for FSX and P3D with perhaps more to follow later and will the other Airports be updated a bit like you do now for FSX and P3D. Thanks Derek.

41 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi John. That’s great news about True Earth South being the first out for Xplane. Will be nice to see what it’s like in my area. On the question of the Airports, will this be just the ones that are out now for FSX and P3D with perhaps more to follow later and will the other Airports be updated a bit like you do now for FSX and P3D. Thanks Derek.

Speak for yourself. >:D

Archived