TrueEarth Great Britain and EGCB Barton for X-Plane 11 - teaser trailer video

Why are you now posting real videos :) ? Seriously, this looks amazing and essentially like the real thing. Great times already in flightsim and with what you have brewing the next years will be equally groundbreaking. Happy Easter to you all, and thanks for the video and many new shots from the Netherlands too.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow please take my money!

Die hards will argue you can download ortho for free but it takes forever to cover even a small country like England (or the UK).  One purchase from ORBX, one download then boom a whole country!

Is it too early to ask if TrueEarth can be loaded on a different drive to XP.  I currently symlink to my ortho on another drive because of disk space.  Will this be possible with TrueEarth?

Thanks

2 hours ago, GCBraun said:

I understand that there are business reasons to say that the P3D version will look very similar to the XP11, but having both platforms and a pretty high-end machine, I don`t believe this can be the case. The rendering engine of XP11 is far more advanced, and it is really hard to go back to P3D after flying on XP11 for a while.

That's exactly what happened to me. I have tried several times to come back with P3D but it was impossible. The difference is too big for me. 

I might be wrong, but after watching the video from Post #1, I have the impression that the English cars drive on the correct side (left), but are overtaking on the wrong side (also left).

At 30 seconds from the beginning of the video it can be seen at best.

I'm going to England this summer for holiday, but I don't think I will follow the way the cars drive in this video ;-)

Best regards Fred

26 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I might be wrong, but after watching the video from Post #1, I have the impression that the English cars drive on the correct side (left), but are overtaking on the wrong side (also left).

I'm going to England this summer for holiday, but I don't think I will follow the way the cars drive in this video ;-)

Best regards Fred

You are right. Well spottetd!

That is stunning! Don’t have X-Plane but may have to invest! I only live a mile from Barton, but I don’t really fly in the UK, however this may change that. The detail around Barton bridge, the AJ Bell stadium and the Manchester Ship Canal is lovely.

12 hours ago, GCBraun said:

I understand that there are business reasons to say that the P3D version will look very similar to the XP11, but having both platforms and a pretty high-end machine, I don`t believe this can be the case. The rendering engine of XP11 is far more advanced, and it is really hard to go back to P3D after flying on XP11 for a while.

But the trees in XP are indeed substantially inferior to P3D, before Orbx takes over.

12 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Best regards Fred

No you are wrong.

The modern way to drive in the UK is to undertake, speed, go the opposite way round (or straight over) roundabouts and ALWAYS go through red traffic lights.

Talking of which, I haven't stopped for a red light since one particularly riotous night out on the Isle of Wight in 1969!

39 minutes ago, Fizzelle said:

No you are wrong.

The modern way to drive in the UK is to undertake, speed, go the opposite way round (or straight over) roundabouts and ALWAYS go through red traffic lights.

Talking of which, I haven't stopped for a red light since one particularly riotous night out on the Isle of Wight in 1969!

Well....that seems to me as a rather weird attitude. If that's the modern way throughout whole Britain, I'll reconsider my holiday destination for this summer.

Maybe the Brexit is not such a bad idea, after all ;-)

-Fred-

John...wow...!  

If the crowd, back in '83, standing with me in Bakersfield, California at a little strip mall, in Radio Shack, watching the manager demonstrating F15 Strike Eagle COULD SEE THIS...why...they'd keel over dead, upon the floor....

My oh my...but has flight simulation scenery come far....

17 hours ago, Pilot said:

Worlds are not enough to describe this. My jaw dropped and I couldn't finish my toast until the video finished :D

Thank you for this commitment John Venema. All these products will be first day buy for me.

+10...but with my morning coffee.  John...here, take my money....for both the England TrueEarth and the airport...

Hi all, hope you're enjoying your Easter break?

I was playing with a new sky and cloud plugin for XP11 and I captured these shots over the south of England in the alpha build of England TrueEarth for X-Plane. See if you can guess the location.

Cessna_172SP_18.jpg

Cessna_172SP_17.jpg

Cessna_172SP_16.jpg

Cessna_172SP_13.jpg

Cessna_172SP_12.jpg

Cessna_172SP_10.jpg

Cessna_172SP_6.jpg

As you can see even using 4096 clouds and high settings the FPS are very nice and it's smooth as silk. Pulling back to 2048 clouds and less environmental haze and cloud shadow sizes gives me +10-15fps. It's really a matter of what you want visually.

Now I know we're giving the XP users a lot of love here but we are going to release Netherlands TrueEarth FSX/P3D soon so I must get a video producer to make a launch trailer for that.

In addition to your new sky and cloud plugin you also need SweetFX and good settings to remove this gray filter and bring more clarity :) Anyway it's still pretty even though I have no idea where it is... and I can't wait to test this little paradise...Happy Easter.

It is Ultra Weather XP 2.2.

Buy it from the org - http://store.x-plane.org/Ultra-Weather-XP-22_p_633.html ($30)

Download the accompanying free updated clouds here: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/43372-ultra-weather-xp-advanced-clouds-payware-uwxp/

I used clouds set  "XP11 - v1.2 UWXP Advanced Clouds.zip"

You can choose and reload any sky, water  and cloud set in real-time inside XP11:

My settings are Sky Color 3, Cloud Textures 7, Sea Control Deepest Blue

I'm using 4096 clouds which have a bit of an FPS hit but there are 2048 variants also.

Just seen the Barton video and Wow! as a Mancunian living on the south side of the city, I can say that it is stunning. I was a passanger in a Puss Moth with Geoff Mollison (related to Amy Johnson's husband), from Barton a few years ago and I would love to reacreate that flight. So maybe X-plane is in my stars. Well done ORBX.

Will the existing Orbx airports in England that are currently compatible with Orbx England going to be compatible with England TrueEarth as well? (When the FSX/P3D version of England TE comes out.)

Thanks.

John Venema

Enough is enough!

It's time for ORBX to offer the current state as an "early access", warts and all with no support for say, $30 dollars time limited, and then unlock it for the balance of the full price when it's released to market!

Done deal, I'll send the lads round with a briefcase full of dosh.

15 hours ago, caleb1 said:

Will the existing Orbx airports in England that are currently compatible with Orbx England going to be compatible with England TrueEarth as well? (When the FSX/P3D version of England TE comes out.)

Thanks.

Yes they will all work perfectly, or be patched if there are any slight updates needed.

16 minutes ago, Martin Poole said:

Hi  John  Happe Easter  could you possilbly self indulge me a little ( or lots) love to see what Biggin Hill EGKB looks like in TrueEarth . 

The product is in alpha build stage so we won’t be taking requests for screenshot locations until it’s well into beta testing and Emmsie and JL are posting up screenies.

Wow, the best flight sim video I have seen scenery wise...

My question is: what is TrueEarth? Is it that the technology your have been talking about? a mix of photoreal and autogen.

I'm a bit lost in all that new stuff VW the old stuff????

Ben

Wow, the best flight sim video I have seen scenery wise...

My question is: what is TrueEarth? Is it that the technology your have been talking about? a mix of photoreal and autogen.

I'm a bit lost in all that new stuff VW the old stuff?:huh:

Ben
I believe true earth uses Arial imagery taken from planes, not satellites.

One thing I have to say about ORBX, since JV told us that other Sim platform are only about 1% of their sales... is the fact that they embrace the new platform regardless of their sales.

I am very happy to see that for AF2 and XP11. I will certainly buy XP-11 soon as I am not a big fan of P3DV4.

Ben

Archived