TrueEarth Great Britain and EGCB Barton for X-Plane 11 - teaser trailer video

Happy Easter everyone!

Whilst we are very excited to bring you TrueEarth Netherlands for FSX/P3D in April, we are also hard at work on many other TrueEarth regions for FSX/P3D, AFS2 and X-Plane 11.

This teaser trailer shows EGCB Barton Manchester Airport fully integrated into TrueEarth Great Britain, the first of our UK+Ireland TrueEarth series for X-Plane.

When our company decided to commit to the X-Plane platform, we meant business. EGCB is the first Orbx product we are releasing first for X-Plane. Expect dozens more X-Plane 11 products from us in 2018 and even more in 2019!

We commissioned renowned video producer Thomas Rasmussen  to create this teaser trailer, and I hope you enjoy it!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the cut of your jib sir!

Looking forward to freeing up some disk space and removing my UK and Ireland Ortho tiles.

What ZL generally in the outside airport area and within the airport area are we looking at here?

Thank you

Amazing detail & fidelity.

Thomas was a good choice, I have been using his XP11 videos to come up to speed on the sim, & they are all 1st rate.

I have about $2,000 or so in Orbx scenery & airports - can I trade that in for Orbx XP products?:)

If someone would put together the best of XP & P3D into one sim, financially that would be the way to go for the consumer.

At the moment I am having to figure which sim to follow,  on a budget. 

But material like this video is pushing towards XP

TTM

Just some more info, and the reason this looks so realistic:

• We're using licensed aerial photography taken from aircraft, not satellite imagery
  • We have the position and height data for every tree in Wales and England
  • We have the position and height data for every building in England and Wales
  • We have an enormous amount of 3D objects modelled from our Orbx landclass regions in the UK, and we'll add more

The teaser is not designed to push you towards any particular sim because the same fidelity will be available across all platforms. The only limitations are that FSX won't handle the huge amount of objects that well and AFS2 does not yet have moving traffic, but all versions will visually be very similar.

3 minutes ago, John Venema said:

• We're using licensed aerial photography taken from aircraft, not satellite imagery
  • We have an enormous amount of 3D objects modelled from our Orbx landclass regions in the UK, and we'll add more

The teaser is not designed to push you towards any particular sim because the same fidelity will be available across all platforms. The only limitations are that FSX won't handle the huge amount of objects that well and AFS2 does not yet have moving traffic, but all versions will visually be very similar.

Yummy!!

And for the cherry on top - how about changing the default American trains and locos for UK and Ireland ones!

Sorry - a bit cheeky I know.  :)

1 minute ago, streichholz said:

Oh my.. This looks so incredible!! I love XP and now with ORBX on our side. Amazing!!

John, can you tell us, if you are working on a "global" solution for XP? Something like FTX Global for XP?

No not yet. It may factor in our plans down the line. We have done experimental work porting our LC textures to X-Plane a while ago already though.

Stunning! I've never been a big fan of the current LC UK regions, never felt they match up to the other regions, but this is going to be soooooo good to fly over. And as a new convert to XP, I am even more pleased to see it arriving there first. Even if I have had to go and buy 16tb of HD in anticipation! (8tb really, but I like to keep a copy of everything installed, so . . .)

Great work!

This does look pretty incredible! 

FSX probably can't handle it (in terms of VAS), and my current PC can't handle anything other than FSX, so it will definitely be upgrade time if I'm to invest in these True Earth titles (I will be).

I was just wondering (in regards to the UK airfields). Development of several proposed airfields for EU England was stopped due to sales falling short of expectations. Welshpool was later finished in the hope it might rekindle interest, but presumably sales were less than inspiring?

Its early days of course, but apart from the existing UK airfields getting ported over to True Earth FS2 & X-Plane, are there any other gems similar to Barton in the pipeline? I know Cambridge and Old Buckenham were once on the radar for EU England.

Wow this looks amazing! Forget FSX, P3D, FSW... THIS is the future!
AF2 is great for VR, but has still a (very) long way to go.

I switched from P3D v4 to XP11 couple months ago and this trailer underlines the potency of XP.

Amazing detail & fidelity.
Thomas was a good choice, I have been using his XP11 videos to come up to speed on the sim, & they are all 1st rate.

I have about $2,000 or so in Orbx scenery & airports - can I trade that in for Orbx XP products?[emoji4]

If someone would put together the best of XP & P3D into one sim, financially that would be the way to go for the consumer.
At the moment I am having to figure which sim to follow,  on a budget. 
But material like this video is pushing towards XP
TTM

I think you're able to get a 40% discount for XP products if you already own it for another sim...

Looks great but oddly missing probably the two most iconic Manchester landmarks, Old Trafford Stadium and Beetham Tower.

Hope they get added.

Odd there has never been a city scenery for Manchester in the flight sim world.

I signed up though just to keep an eye on Xplane upcoming products.

Hopefully it will work well with Xplane VR as well.

As long as I get 'my' airfield, Barton, in P3D I'll be happy.  Learned to fly a microlight there but didn't have the funds to complete the training, let alone regular GA, that's why I sim.  Oddly though I'm sure that I've spent enough on addons to have paid for it now:)

16 minutes ago, MarkB356 said:

As long as I get 'my' airfield, Barton, in P3D I'll be happy.  Learned to fly a microlight there but didn't have the funds to complete the training, let alone regular GA, that's why I sim.  Oddly though I'm sure that I've spent enough on addons to have paid for it now:)

My wife said exactly this to me at Christmas, TBF she is probably right.:lol:

Just completely mindblown.  I always thought your other products were stunning, own everything you’ve released for Europe, but compared to this they don’t even come close.  This has to be the most realistic looking scenery I have ever seen in a flight sim. 

Luckily I received a copy of Xplane 11 for my birthday only yesterday, so timing couldn’t be more perfect. 

The only decision im gonna have to make now, is do I install Xplane 11 and jump through the hoops with downloading and creating photo tiles and scenery now to tide me over until this is released, or do I wait until this is released and start with a completely fresh install and Orbx scenery from day one?  

Are there any plans to port over your current UK P3D airfields or will all airfields in the uk be included in the true earth scenery?  Obviously I appreciate not to the standard of standalone Orbx airfields. 

A step further in almost the real thing in flying virtual, so real and so a vast variety of landscape and autogen-objects that are hard to believe not real photo- & 3D objects while flying;

In such evolution it will be saver(and much cheaper) to fly virtual via a high spec system&display than to fly in real aircraft if you enjoy VFR recognition of sceneries worldwide.

A great respect to the development team for achieving that quality to please the flightsimmers no matter what platform they use now and/or in the future. One word: (r)evolution !!!

2 hours ago, Danni said:

Looks great but oddly missing probably the two most iconic Manchester landmarks, Old Trafford Stadium and Beetham Tower.

Hope they get added.

Odd there has never been a city scenery for Manchester in the flight sim world.

I signed up though just to keep an eye on Xplane upcoming products.

Hopefully it will work well with Xplane VR as well.

There is a disclaimer at the end of the video which clearly states these are alpha and beta builds. There will be thousands of POI models added to the regions including stadiums, castles, cathedrals and much more.

England TrueEarth works perfectly fine in VR on XP11, I’ve been testing it and it’s quite immersive.

ok I may have to buy xplane as well ;)

No definite answer expected, but is there a rough working timescale in which the port of TrueEarth Eng to P3D4 could possibly be expected please? :)

In the meantime, all teasers gratefully accepted!

9 hours ago, rockliffe said:

Having spent the past 6 months trying to get P3D V4 to actually work half decently, this will be the motivator for me to eventually move to XP11 :)

I maintain both P3DV4 and XP11. And some of P3Dv4 is tied to planes and various sceneries etc.

Let me say that after one reads the manual, and the pinned topics for newbies you will not regret it. XP11 is far better out of the box than P3D(FSX on steriods). There are some missing elements, like seasons, which will be taken care of this year I understand, don't let the hold you back. Its updating process is so painless, click one button and it scans all your files, and updates those required painlessly.

6 hours ago, John Venema said:

Stunning for sure, as you already know..Great job!

I understand that there are business reasons to say that the P3D version will look very similar to the XP11, but having both platforms and a pretty high-end machine, I don`t believe this can be the case. The rendering engine of XP11 is far more advanced, and it is really hard to go back to P3D after flying on XP11 for a while.

1 minute ago, GCBraun said:

I understand that there are business reasons to say that the P3D version will look very similar to the XP11, but having both platforms and a pretty high-end machine, I don`t believe this can be the case. The rendering engine of XP11 is far more advanced, and it is really hard to go back to P3D after flying on XP11 for a while.

Agreed!

Archived