Maybe time for some rules.

Since the Old Coots Club was formed I have noticed several topics that have been posted here that have nothing to do with us. They are posts that should have been posted in the General Discussion forum or one of the support forums.

Most of us Old Coots are in our 70s or 80s with a few juniors in their 60s.

I think we should make it known that support or release questions will not be accepted here. Perhaps we should put up a pinned thread stating that these types of topics will not be accepted here.

Just a thought.

Hello Pat,

there are to be no rules here except for the usual forum rules.

I expected it and am very pleased to see that the Old Coots here are

not in need of rules to maintain the intended spirit of this quiet corner.

As a moderator, I have been and will be keeping an eye on this forum and

so far I am very much enjoying what I am reading.

It is not possible to prevent people from posting topics in the wrong

places here or anywhere else on the internet and for this reason,

there is a "Move" option available to forum staff to correct what are

usually inadvertent postings in the wrong place.

Thanks Nick, you may not be an "Old Coot" yet, but you are old enough to be an honory member, and hence keep us wild lads in check.. Teecee.

PS sorry if Honory is miss spelled.. I cant find tit in the dictionary.

1 hour ago, teecee said:

Thanks Nick, you may not be an "Old Coot" yet, but you are old enough to be an honory member, and hence keep us wild lads in check.. Teecee.

PS sorry if Honory is miss spelled.. I cant find tit in the dictionary.

Probably find that under 'breast'. :unsure:

I think we don't want to leave Aussieman with the impression that he is being put down. Nick's explanation is sufficient to explain the forum context and to show Pat that his concern is in fact being addressed. And I suspect that we all agree with Pat that we would much rather talk here about adult undergarments and how to chew without teeth than about the technical details of flight simulation. So let's just say "point taken, Pat." Thanks for reminding us of our core values.

I saw Pat's point, and I see Nick's too.. but it would be almost impossible to "set rules". Generally, this thread tends to "follow it's own rules" with an occasional lapse..I believe we can live with that Pat.. If anyone gets "way out of line" we can always remind them as to the aim of this thread >:D.. Teecee.

• 1 month later...

Archived