Introducing TrueEarth Netherlands: The Complete Package!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎25‎-‎4‎-‎2018 at 10:43 PM, John Venema said:

I don’t have a credit card either. Have not had one for 7 years. I also don’t use PayPal.

But I purchase 90% of my goods and services online, including flight sim addons.

How do you buy ORBX sceneries?

How do you buy ORBX sceneries?
I don't think JV needs to buy them because he's the CEO OF Orbx. I think he has them all.

But as I said in a previous post the fact that he does not have a Credit Card does not mean he does not have a Debit card, which John can use to make online purchases.

Caleb

8 hours ago, caleb1 said:

I don't think JV needs to buy them because he's the CEO OF Orbx. I think he has them all.

But as I said in a previous post the fact that he does not have a Credit Card does not mean he does not have a Debit card, which John can use to make online purchases.

Caleb

I think that Debit cards do slip by a lot of people's minds.  Many debit cards can be used to draw on your account finds like a prepaid credit card.  As long as it has a logo on it that is accepted by the merchant, they will accept it.  My PayPal Debit card is just such an example.  i can use it like a MasterCard, but my "credit" is merely whatever funds I happen to have in PayPal.  Same with my local bank checking account ... that card is a MasterCard as well.  Come to think of it ... what the heck is happening with Visa anyway?  I didn't realize until i was perusing my wallet while making this post that literally all of my cards are MasterCard.  LOL

I think that Debit cards do slip by a lot of people's minds.  Many debit cards can be used to draw on your account finds like a prepaid credit card.  As long as it has a logo on it that is accepted by the merchant, they will accept it.  My PayPal Debit card is just such an example.  i can use it like a MasterCard, but my "credit" is merely whatever funds I happen to have in PayPal.  Same with my local bank checking account ... that card is a MasterCard as well.  Come to think of it ... what the heck is happening with Visa anyway?  I didn't realize until i was perusing my wallet while making this post that literally all of my cards are MasterCard.  LOL
I see a lot of Visas around. Maybe it depends on the bank or the area.

...really struggle downloading this product.  FTX Central creates a folder in my C drive and although I choose another destination on another drive for the download it seems to download the product at the ORBX folder location on my C drive and double it... Gb for every Gb downloaded.  I gave up after two days as was looking was running out of space anyway.  I started now (for couple of days) to dl in the zip file offering but dl speed is rather poor.  Please make it clear in the future that some of the products require days to download unless customers have fiber or very fast internet access.

Hi Aeroflux,

Working on the same problem.
Since it is a download with the size of 78 Gb, first take care there is minimal this amount of space at your c-drive too 'receive' the compressed files.
Since the compressed product is allready 78 Gb, an estimation is, one needs about the double amount of empty space at the disk where your main flightsimulator directory is situated. I have allready asked Orbx for an option to install their products at a alternative drive, but untill now no reaction on that.
I have also switched off now, the option in the settingsmenu of FTX Central, to check for local files. Do not forget - like I did the first attempts - to click 'save' after changing the settings.
Give it another try, I would say. The product is worth it !
Kind regards,
Bram Stikkel (just a user, no staf)

On 01/05/2018 at 1:54 AM, Bram Stikkel said:

Since the compressed product is allready 78 Gb, an estimation is, one needs about the double amount of empty space at the disk where your main flightsimulator directory is situated.

Hi,

The uncompressed final size of the True Earth Netherlands HD product is 76.5 GB.  You will require about 160 GB of space temporarily where your temp folder is located, as the download zip file(s) need to be uncompressed in this location.

You can always use the manual download option. Use a download manager and point to the disk/location you want the download to go to, e.g. D drive. Once downloaded you can then open Central and in the Settings choose a new location for your Temp folder. Then in Central choose the option to Install from a manual download. Whichever option you use it will take quite a while, especially if your download and Temp folder are on a different Disk to your sim. The "transfer" time from download/Temp to Sim is governed by the type of disk you have. Just like any cut/copy Paste action from different disks. If your sim disk has the space then that is the best location for the download and temp folders.

Remember TE ENG will probably be 3 times the size of TE Netherlands.

Running this on Prepar3d V4.2.  Visually impressive, however when flying over the heart of Amsterdam there seems to be texture conflicts where the two are flickering on the tops of some of the buildings.  Do I need to adjust any settings to prevent that from happening?  Would the OrbX EU region cause that conflict?

Ok, hopefully I can get a super quick response to this one. I am sat here, wallet in hand, and cannot decide which sim to buy this for. It seems AeroflyFS2 has the best looking videos and is far superior for VR, my main way to fly. But, I am now looking to expand my scenery packages for P3D due to REX SkyForce doing the business in the sky. Can someone from ORBX please advise on this one...

Regards

If you want to fly in VR with all details enabled, go for the AFS2 version. It runs extremely well in AFS2 with all bells and whistles on, even in VR, while performance struggles in P3D on a 2D screen already, even with settings lowered. So if performance and VR are your main things, go for AFS2. Of course you will be missing out on weather, nice clouds, traffic and all the other things AFS2 is still missing.

I own TE Netherlands for P3D as well as for AFS2 and I also actually fly in both sims but I only have TE installed for AFS2. For low and slow sightseeing flights I fly over TE in AFS2 and whenever I want to fly high and dry, focusing more on systems, ATC, weather, etc. I fly in P3D (over FTX Norway).

Here I can fly TE Netherlands very well with a triple view setup.

I had to make some compromises when doing sightseeing with many objects and dense AG :

- clouds DD 60 mls

- max vis 60 mls

- no AI Traffic

- water off

- no shadows

- fair weather

I also have a Amsterdam Schiphol cfg profile :

- with terrain/object shadows

- AG normal

- water off

- ASP4 weather

- some custom objects off

Orbx%20NL%20-%20mod%201.jpg

On 5/2/2018 at 9:10 PM, jgrouse said:

Running this on Prepar3d V4.2.  Visually impressive, however when flying over the heart of Amsterdam there seems to be texture conflicts where the two are flickering on the tops of some of the buildings.  Do I need to adjust any settings to prevent that from happening?  Would the OrbX EU region cause that conflict?

my question is what are you running system wise?

here are shots from a i7-4790k

pj7spfY.png

Hy4uLCb.jpg

zkavFf2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

hi folks i am back after battling lung cancer the past 2 years, today i am in full remission, i am not trying to change the subject, my question is, whats after the Netherlands for true earth?i am considering picking this one up, but i am just curious,it's wonderful to be back in the orbx community again. i missed all of you. :-)i will be grabbing alot of scenery in the next sale.

14 hours ago, Culley40 said:

hi folks i am back after battling lung cancer the past 2 years, today i am in full remission, i am not trying to change the subject, my question is, whats after the Netherlands for true earth?i am considering picking this one up, but i am just curious,it's wonderful to be back in the orbx community again. i missed all of you. :-)i will be grabbing alot of scenery in the next sale.

Sorry to hear about your ill health, but great that you are on the road to recovery. Welcome back.

I suspect True Earth Britain being ported from Xplane would be most likely but I haven't heard anything.

i was on the fence about true earth, i think i am sold,i own all the ftx global products, i assume when i buy true earth and install it will order itself properly when i install. 480gb ssd's on on sale on amazon for 64.99 usd and has great reviews, it will be perfect for my true earth startup.i bought 4 of them for raid 0.incredible price to fill with orbx scenery, i am shocked how low ssd's have gone and how expensive ram is. anyway thanks for the kind words and true earth looks amazing.i just wish i wouldn't have missed the 40 percent discount for orbx scenery.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BD32RLK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hi Culley. Great that your ok now and fighting fit and ready for flight swimming again. I have never heard of those makes of sdd’s and had a quick look at Scan’s price of Ssd and did not realise how cheap they had got, but I will stick to my normal hard drives for now. Derek.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Orbx,

You guys have created a fantastic products that, along with the airports from NL2000 provides us with a fantastic view of the Netherlands. I'm really happy with the product and the fact I puchased it. I was wondering whether you guys will be providing updates to it and if so, when? The only 'criticism' I have when it come to TE Netherlands is that I'm missing some of the prominent landmarks of our country. Today I was flying over Scheveningen, only to discover the Kurhaus and the Pier aren't modelled at all. It's one of our most prominent coast lines and I was a bit disappointed it lacked it's most notable landmarks. Will you guys be providing updates in this regard? Keep up the good work!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last thing I know Orbx said there had issues with licensing the sat-imagery as the have to obtain German, Belgian imagery too for the borders. Then there was a poll if only the Northen of the Netherlands should be released to counter this. And, lastly, I read somewhere on these forums that Orbx would look into TE The Netherlands again after the release of SoCal.. But now that MSFS is in the picture.. I reckon XP development is not the main focus atm

Archived