Introducing TrueEarth Netherlands: The Complete Package!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mikced76 said:

I understand if this can not be answered but I'll give it a shot :) I´m interested if Orbx perhaps will do a nice litte  addon airport or two in the Netherlands once the True Earth Product is released?

For P3Dv4: NL2000 has all the airports in a freeware package: https://www.nl-2000.com I think they will add compatibility to RealEarth as well... Furthermore Aerosoft already released Maastricht and Rotterdam is in the works.

I know about the Aerosoft offerings and when I asked them about it in their forums they said they have a good relationship with Orbx and will naturally help out with compatibility between their airport and TrueEarth NL. Orbx however is outstanding with the smaller airfields and it would be cool in my humble opinion with a grass field. NL2000 is ok I guess in general but probably I will prefer default TrueEarth updated airprots to the NL2000 offerings though. 

I recall reading in one of the topics that local GA traffic will be included in the package, is this correct or have I mixed it up with boat traffic that will be included. I am starting to prepare for TrueEarth by getting some cool addons for weather, AI traffic for commercial carriers, ATC etc but some local dutch general aviation traffic would be very nice and I hope I read correctly :)

mike

I recall reading in one of the topics that local GA traffic will be included in the package, is this correct or have I mixed it up with boat traffic that will be included. I am starting to prepare for TrueEarth by getting some cool addons for weather, AI traffic for commercial carriers, ATC etc but some local dutch general aviation traffic would be very nice and I hope I read correctly [emoji4]

mike
Included GA traffic would be nice. I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not...

44 minutes ago, mikced76 said:

I could be wrong and I cant find the thread but I have a vauge memory that John said something about it. Anyway, TrueEarth will be fantastic with or without GA traffic :)

Ok.  We will wait and see if @John Venema chimes in here.  Nevertheless, it will be great with or without GA traffic!

There is no GA traffic included.

We don’t have any Dutch airfields in development but if we can get good quality local photos both airside and landslide then it can expedite the process of us doing a few. Since I grew up in Drachten and watched my late father depart from there a few times that would be a nostalgic one for me personally.

There is no GA traffic included.

We don’t have any Dutch airfields in development but if we can get good quality local photos both airside and landslide then it can expedite the process of us doing a few. Since I grew up in Drachten and watched my late father depart from there a few times that would be a nostalgic one for me personally.
Thanks for the clarification John regarding the GA traffic.

Day 1 download demand for this will be immense. If download priority is determined by name, in alphabetical order, my name is Aaron Aardvark.[emoji3]
Even if it is not Orbx download priority, that name is great for anything that is ordered by name alphabetically! [emoji846]

6 hours ago, John Venema said:

I work as an aeronautical stations operator at EHDR and fly from there as well. You're more than welcome to visit for a trip down memory lane :)

Thanks Ken,

Have done that, now downloading. Will FTX Central point the download when finished to P3Dv4 and install it in the library, linked to that download location, or do I need to do anything else?

Will this change adversely affect any of my Orbx scenery, already installed in the P3Dv4 library.

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew

5 hours ago, ampharoah said:

Thanks Ken,

Have done that, now downloading. Will FTX Central point the download when finished to P3Dv4 and install it in the library, linked to that download location, or do I need to do anything else?

Will this change adversely affect any of my Orbx scenery, already installed in the P3Dv4 library.

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew

There is nothing else you need to do.  FTX Cantral will handle everything.

5 hours ago, ampharoah said:

Richard,

Thanks for your help. Problem is, selecting the Support Forum link under 'Support' on the Orbx home page is currently looping me right back to the Orbx home page again?

Andrew

You can go to the Orbx forum homepage (orbxsystems.com/forum) and scroll down and click on the Full Terrain Experience Support Forum.  Does that work?

2 hours ago, Powderpuff said:

It's beautiful. But most of Dutch people don.t have a credit card. And ther's no Paypal support. So how can we buy this beauty?

If you have a PayPal card you can enter that information just as you would any other credit card in the OrbxDirect checkout.

3 hours ago, Powderpuff said:

But most of Dutch people don.t have a credit card. 

1 hour ago, PNW User said:

The whole world has CC's...why not the Dutch?

I think it would be better to say not everyone in the Netherlands has a credit card: it is less common to have one than it is in for instance the USA and other countries. It certainly isn't the main way to pay here in the Netherlands. I know a LOT of people that don't have a credit card.

And obviously 'the whole world has CC's' is far beside the truth.

ORBX developers, you guys have surpassed yourselves. What a step change in scenery you have delivered - congrats!

I'm currently flying in an airliner at 2,000 feet (just to explore a few cities quickly) and with a lot of graphics sliders to the right, everything is buttery smooth.
Cannot wait to spend the weekend exploring the Netherlands properly.

3 hours ago, J van E said:

I think it would be better to say not everyone in the Netherlands has a credit card: it is less common to have one than it is in for instance the USA and other countries. It certainly isn't the main way to pay here in the Netherlands. I know a LOT of people that don't have a credit card.

That's way i took a pre paid credit card (mastercard) just for buying sceneries etcetera from orbx and other flightsim sites that has only cc payment.

In fact, a pre paid cc and pay pal account will do the trick to get everything from the internet.

4 hours ago, J van E said:

I also have no CC and only use a Debit Card. I hate, ('despise' is the right word) debt and will never sleep if I know I've spend money that I don't have and had to pay back!

2 hours ago, bbking said:

That's way i took a pre paid credit card (mastercard) just for buying sceneries etcetera from orbx and other flightsim sites that has only cc payment.

In fact, a pre paid cc and pay pal account will do the trick to get everything from the internet.

I' have a PayPal account, but not a credit card. That's the problem. I buy most of add ons on the web via PayPal. But ORBX has not that option. They will miss a lot of people from NL who would like to by the scenery.

5 hours ago, J van E said:

Right you are. It is a missed chance for ORBX. A lot op Dutch people want to by the scenery. So what can we do.. wait for it that it appears on a Russian site :-(

7 hours ago, J van E said:

I never meant 3rd world...I meant modern economies. :)    

Orbx really should start supporting PayPal. I know they have said that they don't for a reason and never intend to, but they are missing out on many sales. Even though I have no problem buying Orbx scenery without the PayPal option because I can use a debit card, I feel bad for those who can't buy any of Orbx's incredibly amazing scenery. [emoji45]

Archived