Introducing TrueEarth Netherlands: The Complete Package!

The Netherlands orthoimagery is sourced from the Dutch Government. I am unsure if it is satellite based or aerial photo based. I can investigate this for you and report back.

Regardless of how the photography was sourced, the results are pristine imagery even using the 2m/pixel screenshots taken from the beta in Jarrad's topic. The clarity will be much improved again when we use the 1m/pixel version.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

to Bert

where did you read your assertion that this photoscenery is made of aerial photography?

I have read it in a statement made by JV, but as Ian has already pointed out this statement was about the upcoming UK products. I assumed the Netherlands scenery uses the same kind of source imagery...

Edited by Rimshot

8 minutes ago, John Venema said:

The Netherlands orthoimagery is sourced from the Dutch Government. I am unsure if it is satellite based or aerial photo based. I can investigate this for you and report back.

Would be nice to know, but no big deal. It looks splendid anyway.

OK here is a quick video from my laptop running P3D v4.2 and even with zooming and fast panning there are zero blurry textures. In fact, textures remain nice and crisp even when zooming to the horizon.

This is over EHDR Drachten. PC Specs and P3D settings:

Capture5.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

And the video (apologies for the poor capture and sound, I used the Windows+G method in Win10).:

EDIT: YouTube processing added flashing to the encoding, no idea why, sorry about that. NM, seems to be sorted now :) 

You can see the textures remain crisp and FPS varies from 30-55+ with these settings. I get the same performance around EHAM and Amsterdam as well.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I have a conjecture which may or may not apply. You certainly compile TrueEarth NL against the latest Prepar3d4.2 SDK. Most of the photoscenery we use is compiled against older (and sometimes certainly very aged) SDKs. Maybe LM has worked on this in the recent SDK versions? (I don't recall having read such in the SDK release announcments, but I didn't follow them carefully.)

Perhaps anyone knowledable can comment on this?

Kind regards, Michael

1 hour ago, John Venema said:

OK here is a quick video from my laptop running P3D v4.2 and even with zooming and fast panning there are zero blurry textures. In fact, textures remain nice and crisp even when zooming to the horizon.

You can see the textures remain crisp and FPS varies from 30-55+ with these settings. I get the same performance around EHAM and Amsterdam as well.

Many thanks for sharing! Just out of curiousity, how many FPS do you get with the default P3D in the same area?

No real difference in FPS between default and Netherlands TrueEarth.

Default range is 32-45

TrueEarth range is 27-55 

So if anything it runs better for me, although the fps variance is slightly higher with TrueEarth.

Please don't make me load those scary ugly default textures again :( :unsure:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, John Venema said:

No real difference in FPS between default and Netherlands TrueEarth.

Default range is 32-45

TrueEarth range is 27-55 

So if anything it runs better for me, although the fps variance is slightly higher with TrueEarth.

Please don't make me load those scary ugly default textures again :( :unsure:

Thanks! Sorry for letting you load the ugly textures. Promise I will not load them either if I got my hands on TrueEarth LOL

There are two reasons why TrueEarth runs so well in P3Dv4:

1. The autogen trees and buildings are on average less dense than default due to the amount of open fields for crops and farming which are simply missing in the default

2. The CityScene towns and cities use new tech with far, far few texture calls - it's much more efficient than Type 2 autogen. This is why flying over large cities like Amsterdam won't drag the sim to its knees. You may even find that FlyTampa's EHAM performs better (in fact, let me purchase and install it and report back).

• Like 4

Hello,

thank you for your question.

The content and features of this product have been exhaustively detailed in this topic.

If you wish to make a comparison, perhaps you can visit the Megascenery sales site

and judge for yourself.

There will be no critique of another developer's products in this forum.

On 3/28/2018 at 3:47 AM, John Venema said:

Regardless of how the photography was sourced, the results are pristine imagery even using the 2m/pixel screenshots taken from the beta in Jarrad's topic. The clarity will be much improved again when we use the 1m/pixel version.

YAY!

That's what I'm after John as a person that often flys the nape of the earth  1500 ft. in Helicopters  I will appreciate that clarity a lotB)

Edited by FireRx

WOW !! We are reaching the top here ! I've never been a photoreal fan but this has nothing to do with what we saw before from other (wellnone and non ORBX of course) devs.

I heard time ago that Italy could be the next region for ORBX, I can't imagine how nice it would be with this gorgeous blend of photoreal and autogen.

So please keep your idea of moving south...

Agreed! At least at this moment in time... Let's talk about 'nothing gets better' again in 10 years or so. [emoji6]
Things will be unbelievably amazing in 10 years. It's hard to imagine.
  • Like 1

A truly incredible job. I hope to see Italy sooner or later. I'm surprised it's still not considered by many scenery designers since it's a country so full of interesting landscapes.

Thanks for this fantastic new project

Cheers!

Adriano

• Like 1

I have been blown away with those screenshots on the 1st page and thoroughly looking forward to when True Earth UK is released for P3D some time this year and can only imagine that Orbx will certainly aid more sales/demand for light aircraft simply due to the fact that many and that includes myself, will be much happier flying between 2,000 - 3,000ft up so as to enjoy this unique scenery.  

I have a number of medium to large passenger aircraft but after seeing what is about to come, I would need to have my head tested to fly high altitude and not be able to view the scenery close below me.  So glad that I have a number of twin engined props in my hanger to make many VFR flights.  As for future purchases of a/c, I will certainly invest into the light aircraft market from now on.

Just my 2 cents worth anyway!!

Regards

Nigelhj.

Edited by Nigelhj
  • Upvote 1