Introducing TrueEarth Netherlands: The Complete Package!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed the most realistic scenery I have ever seen. It should be because it is based on real photos ! Exciting times ahead for all simmers. Obviously an awful lot of very detailed work has gone into this and will be appreciated by all.

I have a couple of questions:

1.Anticipated time frame when it will be available for XPlane. Are we talking weeks or months after the initial release for FSX/P3D?

2. Are the ships shown animated and are the ships wakes shown just a photo or actual animated wakes?

8 hours ago, Cowboy10uk1 said:

What can I say WOW that looks stunning, just as I’m on the fringe of jumping ship over to XP11, I was thinking damn now this would make things difficult to leave, but now you just confirmed you’re bringing this AND England, which is the area I fly in to XP11 as well. 

IF that comes true then I will be one very very happy camper indeed. 

Honestly cannot wait to see true earth England and the Neatherlands released on XP.  

I have just jumped ship to XP11. I have P3D V4 and Aerofly FS 2. XP11 has better image and framerate than P3D, and better functionality than Aerofly FS 2. It's a good balance between the two others.

This is just simply brain-freezing-gorgeous! My country in unequaled detail and quality! Love it and will be a day-1 purchase!

If I may be so bold, @Iain Emms or @John Lovell, can you please share some screenshots of the isles of Zeeland (southwest of The Netherlands) and the "Abdijtoren" (aka "Lange Jan") tower and the Medieval townhall of Middelburg ('capital' of Zeeland and my birthtown). Would love to see how it's modelled in FTX Netherlands. Thanks in advance!

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

A while ago I posted that this scenery was my most anticipated scenery in years and that I couldn't wait to get it. And boy... it looks even better that I ever thought it would!!! I am speechless, really. Lost for words.

And are you really serious this will only cost me €34,-...? You gotta be kidding!!! Shame it gets released for XP11 first though LOL I was planning to buy it for Aerofly FS 2 because of its supreme performance but since the P3D version will be released sooner I will probably buy it for P3D too for starters. And for AFS2 later on. Discount or no discount. For €34,- this is an absolute no-brainer!

Wow. Really wow. Totally utterly wow.

1 minute ago, J van E said:

........... Shame it gets released for XP11 first though...............

14 hours ago, John Venema said:

Yes it's coming to all those sims. FSX/P3D first, then AFS2, then XP11.

England TrueEarth will be first for XP11, then FSX/P3D, then AFS2.........

John said Netherlands gets released first for P3D.... then other platforms. With England TrueEarth it's XP11 to be honored first....

57 minutes ago, J van E said:

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

A while ago I posted that this scenery was my most anticipated scenery in years and that I couldn't wait to get it. And boy... it looks even better that I ever thought it would!!! I am speechless, really. Lost for words.

And are you really serious this will only cost me €34,-...? You gotta be kidding!!! Shame it gets released for XP11 first though LOL I was planning to buy it for Aerofly FS 2 because of its supreme performance but since the P3D version will be released sooner I will probably buy it for P3D too for starters. And for AFS2 later on. Discount or no discount. For €34,- this is an absolute no-brainer!

Wow. Really wow. Totally utterly wow.

Well, if you are shocked by the price...and you use the word 'only'.....we'll ask John to charge you three times the going rate.  That should make you feel better and get a good night's sleep!  :))))))))  Smile...you're on Candid Camera!

For those who think it's going to be too cheap we are more than happy to offer a "Pro" version at 3x the price :lol:

Seriously though, the reason for Orbx's continued solid growth is because we don't charge high prices. We believe in offering value for money and whilst €34 sounds like a bargain, it becomes quite an investment when we have 25 or so of these such regions for sale in a few years' time.

REally really reallt reallllyy cool.

Me as dutchey, am so so so excited! 

Can you give us a map view or something what is included (bridges., building /landmarks?)

And.. how old are the ground images? Just wondering :)

Will there be people on bicycles everywhere? Otherwise it will never be really immersive!

2 hours ago, Airlifter said:

This is just simply brain-freezing-gorgeous! My country in unequaled detail and quality! Love it and will be a day-1 purchase!

If I may be so bold, @Iain Emms or @John Lovell, can you please share some screenshots of the isles of Zeeland (southwest of The Netherlands) and the "Abdijtoren" (aka "Lange Jan") tower and the Medieval townhall of Middelburg ('capital' of Zeeland and my birthtown). Would love to see how it's modelled in FTX Netherlands. Thanks in advance!

I think we all want to see that special place we have nearby as dutcheys.. We just have to wait. ;)

At least you have an airport nearby to take off from and fly to middelburg!

7 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

Me as dutchey, am so so so excited! 

I am getting the impression, the Dutcheys are your largest user group, John:lol:

Kind regards, Michael

3 hours ago, Airlifter said:

John said Netherlands gets released first for P3D.... then other platforms. With England TrueEarth it's XP11 to be honored first....

Oops, my bad. Probably due to the tears of happiness I had in my eyes when reading the information. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

For those who think it's going to be too cheap we are more than happy to offer a "Pro" version at 3x the price :lol:

LOL Well, no, thanks, I am fine with this academic price. B)

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I am getting the impression, the Dutcheys are your largest user group, John:lol:

Kind regards, Michael

they will be ;) we will conquer..

oh, wait, we are really small.. forget it

*bowstothealmighty 

#DutcheysforFlight

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

Seriously though, the reason for Orbx's continued solid growth is because we don't charge high prices. We believe in offering value for money and whilst €34 sounds like a bargain, it becomes quite an investment when we have 25 or so of these such regions for sale in a few years' time.

Big John,

In the future.   Will some of the legacy regions be revisited and updated to the new format?  like PNW, NCA, and SCA?  This is a game changer.   Thanks B)

39 minutes ago, Deanl90 said:

Looks amazing! For AFS2, will the street lighting be the usual Aerofly cultivation style spots or be individual lamposts, similar to XP11? Same for road traffic, will there be none for AFS2?

It will use whatever the current AFS2 engine provides, which at present does not include moving traffic.

18 hours ago, Rimshot said:

I know this is not the finished product, but still, if I may nag just a tiny bit, will you guys please make the grass strips look like grass? Looking at the shot of EHHV (the fifth screenshot after the product description), with all that stunning detail and crisp terrain, the brownish runways kind of kill the immersion of the spectacular surroundings. My remark will probably be premature, because the grass strips in your other sceneries look good, but I just have to make sure to sleep well :D.

Could anyone of the team confirm? (I still slept excellent by the way :))

Archived