Introducing TrueEarth Netherlands: The Complete Package!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, extremely impressive!!!  I am excited to see where FS is heading and the level of immersion that had abandoned us since 2006.  Congratulations Orbx, I think you might convert me after all to the potential Photoreal offers!  I am still going to push and ask how well does high end airport devs like FlyTampa's Amsterdam fit in.  I am hoping the two blend nicely; if so it is a day one purchase!  Any chance of a demo area, to see how well it works and performance?

@Jarrad Marshall - the only thing I want to know is the new photo-real sceneries and the dreadful blurries you get with P3D?

P3D4 is notorious for the way it handles photo-real scenery of which Germany North & South are good examples when you fly anything faster than a Piper or Cessna. It's a constant trade-off between blurries, stutters, and shimmering and that even on a high-end PC.

Stunning. Going to need a better graphics card which are in short supply. This is a picture of the electronics superstore I went to. All the graphics cards are being gobbled up by the crypto miners. I spoke to a sales person and it not unusual for someone to drop $30-40,000 USD and buy all the cards in the store...

I just bought a 1TB SDD drive as I ran out of space when I bought more terrain during the recent 50% off sale. This looks like its going to eat up a lot of drive space.

Does true earth go on top of existing terrain you own or is it separate? If separate will there be a discount for those who already own older modules?

Any plans to may Russia, China and North Korea?

IMG_1267.jpg

This looks awesome Jarrad. However, I would like to ask, what I believe is a valid question.... there are many instances being reported about slow loading photosceneries in P3D V4, and I would like to know if this scenery has been somehow optimised to reduce this phenomenon. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

Yes it's coming to all those sims. FSX/P3D first, then AFS2, then XP11.

England TrueEarth will be first for XP11, then FSX/P3D, then AFS2.

We will offer cross-platform discounts, but we have not yet determined the discount amount due to the high development costs to date. All will be revealed when the AFS2 version of Netherlands TrueEarth is released.

I can vouch for performance, it's very very good. And in VR on AFS2 it is remarkable - link to my vlog on this here: 

What can I say WOW that looks stunning, just as I’m on the fringe of jumping ship over to XP11, I was thinking damn now this would make things difficult to leave, but now you just confirmed you’re bringing this AND England, which is the area I fly in to XP11 as well. 

IF that comes true then I will be one very very happy camper indeed. 

Honestly cannot wait to see true earth England and the Neatherlands released on XP.  

That technology will sure become a game changer. I'll certainly get The Netherlands but  also look forward to more Regions along this line. Well prepared to pay the full price for redone LC regions.

All the best and I only hope for a well-deserved commercial success.

Kind regards, Michael

Definitely a Wow! Currently I am running P3Dv4.1, FSW and AFS2. This scenery is definitely for low and slow GA, and seems ideally suited to AFS2, and with VR, should be brilliant. So looks like AFS2 will be my platform of choice. I have a little concern over how well P3D4 will do with this level of scenery, will purchase and see how it looks!

Looks superb...and for any of you who use XP11 ortho photo scenery with overlays, this is something similar but not as high quality that can be seen in XP11....and boy do you need a large HD capacity.

I will be interested in the XP11 version as well as P3DV4.

Bryan

Really astonishing beautifull and detailed. How did you guys and gals do it...

One thing that could be more varied in color maybe are the trees. It seems the colour and size is equal per season and ofcourse in real life, this is not the case. Is it possible to create some more variation there ?
But absolutely thanks for this beautifull piece of art !

Absolutely incredible. This next era of Orbx products is raising the bar real high. The immersion will be next level.

I look forward to further previews on XP11 and AFS2. I'm planning to buy TrueEarth regions for these platforms.

5 hours ago, Terblanche said:

@Jarrad Marshall - the only thing I want to know is the new photo-real sceneries and the dreadful blurries you get with P3D?

P3D4 is notorious for the way it handles photo-real scenery of which Germany North & South are good examples when you fly anything faster than a Piper or Cessna. It's a constant trade-off between blurries, stutters, and shimmering and that even on a high-end PC.

4 hours ago, rockliffe said:

This looks awesome Jarrad. However, I would like to ask, what I believe is a valid question.... there are many instances being reported about slow loading photosceneries in P3D V4, and I would like to know if this scenery has been somehow optimised to reduce this phenomenon. Thanks. 

My question too. All photoreal in P3D tends to look a blurry mess very quickly from any sort of distance. How are these preview shots done because they look much better than I see with photoscenery? I don’t have any blurry problem with landclass based orbx scenery. 

I agree, it looks terrific, but we could do with knowing how much disk space this will take up.  I'm a very light user of photo-real due to it's size and lack of seasonal variation (I have it for Hawaii, that's it!) but this looks to have eased my concern over that.  Apart from disk space and performance that is!

Archived