P3DV3 Crashing on Startup

I am suffering an issue where P3DV3 crashes every time I attempt to launch it. The only scenery installed is Orbx and 29 Palms. The startup aircraft is the default Beach Baron 58 and the sim has no more add-ons such as traffic or weather installed. The only way I can get the sim to launch is to edit out all the Orbx add-ons out of the scenery.cfg file (Area/Layer 132 - 221). I know my sim was working fine when I purchased Half Moon Bay and seem to have encountered this problem since my recent purchases of Gold Coast, Wales and Scotland. I have attached a copy of the unedited scenery config file. Any ideas I what action I should take to remedy my issue?

Thanks

Keith

scenery.cfg

Hi Keith

Go to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\P3Dv3 and delete that entire P3Dv3 folder, then restart P3Dv3 and it will build a new default folder, then shut down your sim, then open FTXC3 and let it activate for a few moments, then close it and restart your sim and all should be good.

Cheers

Doug

On 25/03/2018 at 5:24 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Keith

Go to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\P3Dv3 and delete that entire P3Dv3 folder, then restart P3Dv3 and it will build a new default folder, then shut down your sim, then open FTXC3 and let it activate for a few moments, then close it and restart your sim and all should be good.

Cheers

Doug

Many thanks for the reply and suggestion Doug. Unfortunately, after following your instructions, the issue remained so I have uninstalled P3D and will move to take the opportunity to remaster my PC over the Easter break.

Regards

Keith

Hello Keith

Before you reinstall Prepar3D v3 again,  ensure you also delete the Prepar3D files that are generated during the program execution.  The uninstall process will not remove these.  You need to manually delete these.    This will ensure a clean reinstall

Delete the 3 blue folders located below.    To locate these folders, Tick the box for  Show hidden files, folders and drives in File Explorer Options

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

---------------------------------------------------

If you have reinstalled Prepar3D and now it will not launch,  Please see This Topic for some steps to take to help resolve your situation

Archived