Paid twice! Confused.

GarethW

I could find no other avenue to raise this issue so here goes.  I've been out of touch with ORBX for well over a year. 

Today I stumbled across an announcement about Meigs for X-Plane. With  some difficulty I eventually found how to purchase it.  Sorry, it was very confusing even to a sharp 75-year old.  
The X-Plane release seemed somehow lost in an FTX world.

I went ahead and purchased Meigs for X-Plane by credit card but saw no download instructions or confirmation, only instructions to Download via FTX. So I followed the link and installed FTX but found no evidence of any purchased X-Plane product. I assumed it hadn't gone through properly and started over. Btw, during this process I was quoted two different (discounted) prices. Total charge just over £20.  My second attempt succeeded and the product was duly installed in X-Plane. And very nice too I must say.

When I checked my UK Bank I found my account had been debited twice with two different amounts.  I have a hunch that my first purchase was mis-interpreted as for FSX/P3D.? If so I haven't a clue where it is and certainly haven't downloaded it. Have I been charged for it? 

To explain, it's over a year since I migrated to XP after many great years with FSX/P3D, and a large amount of cash spent with ORBX.  At that time I removed everything FSX/P3D from my SSD drives to free up needed space. Only today did I stumble across a forum where John Venema announced he had good things in store for X-Plane. It also mentioned the attractive Meigs offer.  

Could someone at Orbx kindly look at my orders today and confirm what happened, and what can be done, about it. Thank you.

Order numbers?  I just searched again and found two receipts in my Junk mail: One being 5aa68f4554f71, the other 58302604318b9

Regards

Gareth

Archived