I wonder if they can find something comparable in Russia...

Stillwater

Salvador was one of the cities where the German football team had to play in the 2014 world championships...

2018-3-9_17-43SBSV.jpg

... an impressive city with a challenging location for infrastructural planning (like Mumbai for example).

2018-3-9_17-47Salvador.jpg

At least for air or sea traffic it is well placed.

2018-3-9_17-51-11-754.jpg

Always be prepared for occasional rain in the tropics...

2018-3-9_18-11Tropicalrain.jpg

... but crossing the Rio de Cantas visibility got better again.

2018-3-9_18-21RiodeCantas.jpg

Here is (should be) Campo Bahia. The fantastic location where the football team was based to relax, practice and focus on their next game. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campo_Bahia

2018-3-9_19-1CampoBahia.jpg

For travelling between the games & the Campo they needed to cross the Rio Joao de Tiba. Team building in a special way.

2018-3-9_19-2RioJoaodeTiba.jpg

The closest regional airport to this fantastic camp is Porto Seguro.
2018-3-9_19-21PortoSeguro.jpg

Let´s see if Russia can provide a comparable location...

14 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What a nice tour Gerold!  Thanks for taking me along!

You´re welcome. Hope you found the time to read the wikipedia link? This place is already part of German sports history (and still no POI in our scenery... :unsure:)!

5 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

You´re welcome. Hope you found the time to read the wikipedia link? This place is already part of German sports history (and still no POI in our scenery... :unsure:)!

I just read it Gerold, it sounds like quite a place, sadly not in the scenery.  Maybe we'll get it someday.  Maybe ask Mr. Bui, he's amazing with the European POI's.

14 minutes ago, purduekev said:

These are beautiful shots Gerold!  And an absolute beauty of an aircraft, but I do hope Die Mannschaft flew something a bit more modern to get there! ;)

Thanks for your comment, Kev!

This is the plane they were using for their long-distance trip...

IMG_3860Siegerflieger.jpg

... and that´s what is looks inside:
IMG_3862.jpg

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks for your comment, Kev!

This is the plane they were using for their long-distance trip...

IMG_3860Siegerflieger.jpg

... and that´s what is looks inside:
IMG_3862.jpg

Thanks Gerald!  These two are beautiful is no many way.  My favorite plane ever built!

Wonderful post Gerold and a great pair of RL pics too.

I like the livery on the C-47.

Some very interesting info on Germany's exploits 4 years ago.

I shall never forget the disbelief hearing the score coming in against Brazil at work.

So, Russia. An England vs Germany final with England winning on penalties?:unsure:

No, I don't think so either.:lol:

Thank you for commenting @Iain Emms and @European Mountain Man Stewart!

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Nice bit of German sports history here Gerold, combined with your screenshots. I enjoyed seeing the DC-3 in action here too :)

Thanks Landon, I found the English wikipedia page much more informative than the German one!

Surely the DC-3 will earn some more hours during my South America tour... ;)

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gerald!  These two are beautiful is no many way.  My favorite plane ever built!

... and it was a great surprise for seeing this special livery waiting to carry me!

19 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful post Gerold and a great pair of RL pics too.

I like the livery on the C-47.

Some very interesting info on Germany's exploits 4 years ago.

I shall never forget the disbelief hearing the score coming in against Brazil at work.

So, Russia. An England vs Germany final with England winning on penalties?:unsure:

No, I don't think so either.:lol:

Yeah, the game versus Brazil was totally unbelievable. The entire country shouting their national anthem, awaiting their team to pass Germany and finally win the Cup in their home country. And then... seeing these  Germans score one. OK, can happen. Number two - what a challenge now. After #3 one of us went to the loo, and heard us cheering when she came back "have they scored a 4th time?" "No, this is 5:0 now...."

Penalty training has already begun in Germany.

Thanks for your encouraging comment, @Captain Lars, @dolf8857, @Bermuda425 and @adambar !

2 hours ago, boetie said:

Wonderful set Gerold. I really must explore more of the world!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers Graeme :)

Thank you, Graeme. I will give you more teasers in the following weeks, as I need to explore it, too!

Archived