Amazing

MrGeeBee

1 hour ago, MrGeeBee said:

I will worship you (and my wallet) if you get more scenery out for X-Plane.

Read the third paragraph in this post by JV (Orbx CEO) :) 

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/150659-orbx-and-x-plane-releases-in-2018/

"However, we have 2-3 more Orbx airport ports coming in a short while and also a new first-for-XPlane release; EGCB Barton Manchester Airport by Tony Wroblewski, which looks just ridiculously stunning I have to say!"

• 1 month later...

Great work Tony and OrbX.  After getting it installed I had a fly last night.  I loved it.  My frame rates don't leave much to spare as it is, but seem unaffected by adding this scenery.  Love the roads and vegetation.  Great VRPs and general things around the airport.  Nice.

I agree, EGCB is the single best payware add on for X-plane I’ve used to date.  I live next to EGCB and can’t believe the detail provided, it’s so realistic, love the Stadium, Chill Factor etc..  even the Wastewater works Davyhulme is included.

My only desire remaining is the Winterhill mast, please can you add that to the next update for EGCB?  This is a significant VRP for Barton, it can be seen from Barton and is a good indicator for visual flight rules.

cheers

lee

If EGCB is anything to go by, I really can't wait for TrueEarth England.  I fly using VR (HTC Vive) and this scenery appears to offer a more life size realism.  I think its the high res photoscenery thats key where the buildings appear to fit better than standard Autogen.  

• 2 weeks later...

I am a recent (humbled and disappointed) emigre from the unfortunate FSW debacle. After having steered clear of X-plane for literally decades, I'm finding X-plane 11 a real pleasure. But after a very long journey through MFS platforms--MFS98-2004-FSX-FSW--I find X-plane is a tangled mess in respect to what's available for scenery enhancement. Hat's off to the XP community for all its work bringing the platform to life all these years, but lordy, trying to get the world into XP requires a saint's-load of patience (I have learned about the x-plane.org download limit today just trying to get some Canadian sceneries and all the libraries they depend on). Orbx's Barton was my first payware scenery for XP, and as others note here, good golly miss molly (I have tons of ORBX for FSX in my account, but I abandoned that unstable platform some years ago). Hopefully TrueEarth and Orbx libraries will bring X-plane out of the wild west of everything by everybody. I expect X-plane users have pockets just as deep as those of FSX and P3D--whether or not the wives know about it :lol:.

I got a kick out of your post. The download limit issue caused me great grief a couple times, because I can never get my maximum limit, I always get kicked out before achieving that number, and yet the support folks, jump all over me for bringing it to their attention and instead of helping me almost banned me once, and most often saying that I should stop complaining as its free, when all I'm doing it trying to see why I can't achieve the max download limit.

And secondly, I would agree that it takes some reading and good advice to figure out which or what is the best approach to scenery enhancement. The thing is much of it is totally freeware unlike other sims, there is just a ton of great product available free. Many of the freeware stuff and in particular that Canadian airport stuff is payware quality but free.

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:38 PM, fltsimguy said:

I got a kick out of your post. The download limit issue caused me great grief a couple times, because I can never get my maximum limit, I always get kicked out before achieving that number, and yet the support folks, jump all over me for bringing it to their attention and instead of helping me almost banned me once, and most often saying that I should stop complaining as its free, when all I'm doing it trying to see why I can't achieve the max download limit.

And secondly, I would agree that it takes some reading and good advice to figure out which or what is the best approach to scenery enhancement. The thing is much of it is totally freeware unlike other sims, there is just a ton of great product available free. Many of the freeware stuff and in particular that Canadian airport stuff is payware quality but free.

Hi

I had the same problem when I started. It seemed that I would download only a few files and would be stopped as I had hit my limit. It turned out that I was using a download manager and that was the culprit.  On the Xplane-org site, the separate threads on a download manager each count as a separate download (e.g. because the dlm I was using ran 4 separate threads each single download actually counted as 4 ). Once I disabled it I didn't have an issues.

This may not be the related to the issue you experienced , but if you use a download manager I suspect that you may have encountered the same issue I did.

Best regards

Renault

Archived