How about some high rise helipads?

I enthusiastically second this request if there is a future update...  X-Plane is so good in terms of the helicopter flight models and the availability of top-quality payware helis, it just screams out for more places to land!

Roof top helipads would be fun.

While I am enjoying flying helicopters in XP11, so far I haven't been impressed with LR's quality control of their default helipads.

I checked 30 helipads around Chicago (not part of the Orbx scenery) and found issues with 21 of them.  The majority were unusable due to building/roads/trees covering the pads.

Of 15 helipads in Hawaii, 9 were unusable, 1 is in the ocean, and one has its windsock hidden in the trees.

Of 11 that I checked around Sydney, all 11 had issues.  2 with trees overhanging the pads, 7 covered by buildings/roads/trees, one with windsock in bay, and one missing markings.

If you find errors, report them to LR with their bug report form.  You can report them on the X-Plane Gateway too.  I couple I reported have been fixed by folks at the Gateway.

The issue with these default helipads is that they don't include exclusion zones which blocks out collisions underneath. It's a pretty common problem sadly. Any 3rd party authors of helipads should always add exclusion zones (but some actually forget)

Another common issue with helipads is that they aren't always flat, causing the helicopter to slide, but generally helicopters are fun and one of X-Plane's strong points 

Archived