It´s too cold outside...

Stillwater

A lovely morning in Copenhagen, expecting spring...

2018-3-2_19-29EKCH.jpg

Close the doors, please, that´s just too cold here!

2018-3-2_19-29-58-954.jpg

You see, the season switcher already wants the landscape to be green...

2018-3-2_20-18Copenhagen.jpg

... but the temperature indicator says something different.

2018-3-2_20-30coldoutside.jpg

Crossing Lübeck...

2018-3-2_20-44Lubeck.jpg

... and the Mittellandkanal at Wolfsburg. If you follow the channel for some few kilometres you come to lovely Hannover.

2018-3-2_21-0Wolfsburg.jpg

These Germany colours look (unfortunately) realistic for an average March. Currently it would be white...
2018-3-2_21-7-54-616.jpg
2018-3-2_21-15Hessen.jpg

Descending into the clouds...
2018-3-2_21-28Descend.jpg

... with a view over Frankfurt.

2018-3-2_21-33Frankfurt.jpg

As you can see from the trees on the apron, this pilot has made a mistake. He did not activate the airport scenery :blink:. But he managed to get the Dash landed safely, at least!

2018-3-2_21-36EDDF.jpg

What a glorious set from your flight Gerold.

I see with the number of wind farms around Germany that they are very eco conscious but isn't greening the airport like that  taking things a bit too far.:huh::o:lol:

Thanks for commenting my trip @adambar and @Iain Emms !

12 hours ago, captainbluesky said:

Very nice shots Stillwater - especially the climb out.

Thank you Bluesky. I like this perspective, you rarely get it in real life...

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

What a glorious set from your flight Gerold.

I see with the number of wind farms around Germany that they are very eco conscious but isn't greening the airport like that  taking things a bit too far.:huh::o:lol:

Thanks Martyn. I have read in the newspaper today that Germany maintains some coal-fired power plants as an "emergency back-up" in case of green energy not being sufficient - but these back-ups have not been required in the past years. Still some 250 MioEUR maintenance cost charged...

BTW, I think the green surface has been added by the (any) scenery provider who created the March weather according to long-term statistics. A little gap, to be tolerated...

11 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Great shots Gerold, looks real enough to give a man frost bite! :D

Yeah Roger, let us go south now!

11 hours ago, BradB said:

First off , fire your pilot . You just can’t have that kind of incompetence. As far as your trip shots go , they were excellent . :(:angry::D:)

Cheers

John

I tried that and shouted "You´re fired!" to that guy. Surprisingly that shouting was not as effective as thinking and clicking the right knob... :D!

He will get a second chance now.

10 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Well, that is sure an interesting end to a good flight Gerold. Maybe the airport went the same place that Jacks Taj Mahal version went to :D

These are the technical challenges we have to overcome in simming, Landon - more difficult than in RL.

At least we can reduce the risk of mechanical failure to our planes, easier than in RL.

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, it was still a great flight Gerold and gosh do I miss that Dash, but the flight control assignments had me pulling my hair out till I binned it.  No more Dash.

No no, keep your remaining hair where it is, Jack! I am sure one fine day you will succeed, just as Martyn seems to do with his OZx.

3 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent set of shots and narrative Gerold! :)

Thank you, Paul!

1 hour ago, European Mountain Man said:

Super set of shots Gerold  and the shot of Frankfurt was super i enjoyed you shots and your flight regards EMM

Thank you, Stewart. Sure you know that skyline from your tours?

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

No no, keep your remaining hair where it is, Jack! I am sure one fine day you will succeed, just as Martyn seems to do with his OZx.

:lol:  Thanks Gerold, yeah, both hairs!  I think if I ever get my new PC it'll be with different flight controls and I'll try again, but that has to be the most quirky system I have ever seen, I mean you have to change code for crying out loud.

9 hours ago, Taph said:

Fine set, and nice to see a bit of green, been mostly white here :)

Thanks Taph, also for the international weather report. Today it turned up to tropical 7 °C here, so we´ll hopefully find some green here soon, too!

Archived