Xīn nián kuài lè!

Stillwater

After a busy week I finally found some time to celebrate Chinese New Year. What could be better than a little flight to the "countryside", China Eastern 2254 from Shanghai Hongqiao, for example - ready for boarding.

2018-2-23_17-42-31-376.jpg

But before we board, we walk through the airport to watch mighty birds...

2018-2-23_17-43AC744.jpg

... and to buy some snacks for the flight.

2018-2-23_17-44snack.jpg

Pushback complete, hand signal received.

2018-2-23_17-46-51-156.jpg
2018-2-23_17-47handsignal.jpg

Takeoff, ok some city details are missing...
2018-2-23_17-57-43-608.jpg
2018-2-23_17-58takeoffSHA.jpg

The chinese landscape already looks good in pure Global.

2018-2-23_18-0-47-568.jpg
2018-2-23_18-9-34-86.jpg

Descending into Yancheng.

2018-2-23_18-39-47-368.jpg
2018-2-23_18-40approachYCH.jpg

And this is how the airport looks... I fear there is a long way to go before the sim scenery is able to follow reality in this big country.

2018-2-23_18-47-46-787.jpg
2018-2-23_18-48Yancheng.jpg

Even the jetway might be improveable.
2018-2-23_18-49-3-714.jpg
2018-2-23_18-50ChinaEastern2254.jpg

Not so many flight connections between this airport and Shanghai, I will have to return by car tomorrow...

Nice way to set up these flight screenshots Gerold, comparing to reality. One thing I do NOT hope they improve on is all the smog in China....definitely not a fan. Having grown up in Southern California in the 70's and 80's, I am all too familiar with the effects of smog. 

A very interesting post Gerold with some marvellous FSim and RL comparisons.:)

I do think they have to work on their Jetways though and next time they build some have the plans the right way up.:huh:

After buying several things in a flat pack from China and not even bothering with the instructions I can understand.:lol:

Maybe an IKEA Jetway would have been better.;)

12 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Nice way to set up these flight screenshots Gerold, comparing to reality. One thing I do NOT hope they improve on is all the smog in China....definitely not a fan. Having grown up in Southern California in the 70's and 80's, I am all too familiar with the effects of smog. 

Thank you, Landon. The situation has improved in some regions of China in the last 10 years, but if you fly you still have the country camouflaged. A pity, as you miss a lot of potential beauty.

12 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Fantastic set of shots Gerold I enjoyed you flight regards stewart

Thanks, Stewart!

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A very interesting post Gerold with some marvellous FSim and RL comparisons.:)

I do think they have to work on their Jetways though and next time they build some have the plans the right way up.:huh:

After buying several things in a flat pack from China and not even bothering with the instructions I can understand.:lol:

Maybe an IKEA Jetway would have been better.;)

Maybe the manual was chinese in original, then went through a goolge translation into american english, then russian before is was translated into french. Finalement they versuchten to transfer it back in chinoise...

12 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Nothing like real world and Orbx world comparisons to remind us of just how "good we got it"!  Not perfect but oh so much better than even 2 years ago!  Excellent pictures from both worlds Gerold! :D

Thanks Roger. Sometimes FTXG even looks better than the hazy original, indeed.

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Still a very good flight Gerold and I for one will never complain about mixing the real with Orbx, it shows how well they've done in just Global.  

Thank you jack. There is a big gap with airports in China and India, seems the Microsoft developers of FS did not care too much about these regions -  sure they could not imagine how orbx would change our flying.

11 hours ago, BradB said:

I like the Sim shots better Gerold , no Smog . :):(:o;)

Cheers

John

As said above, sometimes Orbx shows the world better than reality. Now add landclass, some POIs and the missing airports...

9 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Magnificent bunch of shots here, very funny scenes too hehe!

Thanks Bermuda. Enjoy the snacks!

9 hours ago, Captain Lars said:

Great thread, Gerold.

Now this one beats them all. Priceless.

The chinese have a lot of creativity in their constructions.

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Nice mixture of shots Gerold! :)

Thnak you, Adam!

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Very good Gerold! I like the way that you combined shots from the sim with real world shots :).

Thanks Paul. As you know I love to travel like that - both times...!

Archived