The Old Coots Club

I remember going to my high school 50th reunion.  The morning after, one of the ladies in the office asked me about the

reunion.  My reply was that all the people that were there looked old.  Her reply, " have you looked in the mirror this morning?"

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fizzelle said:

Je suis ici, aussie!

18 months cancer free and counting. MSFS2020 VR tomorrow plus Orbx Canaries on the 26th. It's a good time to be alive and Covid can go and **** itself.

Congrats on 18 months cancer free, best news of the day! :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Me toooo!!  - just had second cataract removed  and to-day - in Post OP. - 

the doc says I now have 2 eyes  - better than 20/20  - good for another 85 years:D

I found that it was like living at twilight before the operation, and living in full sunlight afterwards.

I ended up with 20/40 vision and passed my driving test without glasses.

Money well spent.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, olderndirt said:

It'll be 83 in May and plan to see it.  This business of wearing a mask for public appearances has saved quite a bit on razor blades and provides a bit of anonymity.  You tend to really notice people who can smile with their eyes.  

I agree

Just this minute got back from having X-Rays and Ultra sound scans on both my Knees

As usual  -the operator did a check to make sure I was who I was - she asked for my birthdate

When I told her it ended in 1935 - she said - "Well - you don't look that old!"

Her Oriental eyes were smiling behind the mask  - ---- I think? 

I turn 84 next month and I feel it.  

My mother told me that only the good die young and that we come from a family that has a habit of living into their late 90's.  She wasn't at all happy when I asked her if we were a family of outlaws.:D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

My grandmother always took credit for her next birthday rather than be limited to the present one--for instance, on her 84th, "I'm almost 85, you know." Smart gal--always got credit for seniority.

She was right - in her 85th year

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

While taking a clinical history from an elderly patient, I asked, “How’s your love life?” “I don’t know,” he said. “I’ll ask my wife.” He got up, walked into the hallway where his wife was sitting, and shouted, “Hey, the doctor wants to know if we still have sex.” His wife shouted back, “No, the only thing we have is Medicare and Blue Cross.” :D

Adam

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

When I turned 40 , someone told me : From now on, it's downhill all the way. 35 years on , I reduced my power, I put my spoilers on, flaps to 5 and slowly prepare my approach . Hopefully this this approach will take me  several more years. 

• Like 6

Old man was sitting on the examining table in the doctor's office having his hearing checked. The doctor poked the light scope in the old man's ear and said, "hey you have a suppository in your ear!"

"Rats," said the old man. "Now I know where my hearing aid went." :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2