Just overwhelmed

Stillwater

45 minutes ago, paulb said:

Has someone stolen your aeroplane Gerold? :o;):lol:.

But seriously, I love looking at the stars. We have a place in West Wales where there are few artificial lights. Super views of the stars there.

Yes Paul, I miss that in the western part of The Netherlands where I live. Now I am in Austria in a less populated valley and the nightly sky is beautiful....(but cold).

Cheers Fred

Hi Gerold,

Although the shot is very special, I doubt if this is possible in real life. An airport generates so much light pollution that a night sky with stars will hardly be visible.

I live approximately 30 km from Schiphol (EHAM) and even from my home I can see the light pollution from the airport.

Maybe Melbourne is different, don't know.....

Best regards Fred

56 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

super shot Gerold regards stewart

Thanks, Stewart!

16 hours ago, BradB said:

Just don't go toward it . :rolleyes::oB):D

Cheers

John

Why not, John - and the storm caused by the helicopter behind me will even support :ph34r:?!

4 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great shot Gerold, you were at the right place at the right time!!!!!!!!

... and with the right sim, John ;)!

16 hours ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Oh yes. Great shot.You are right about the light.

Anthin.:rolleyes:

Thanky Anthin. Truely the impression is pleasing already on a small 24´´ monitor...

16 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

I can understand Gerold...I sometimes never make it off the tarmac, because I get lost in checking out the gorgeous scenery, especially at different times of the day/night ;) 

:D, those scenery providers turn flight simming into pure ground movement!

15 hours ago, paulb said:

Has someone stolen your aeroplane Gerold? :o;):lol:.

But seriously, I love looking at the stars. We have a place in West Wales where there are few artificial lights. Super views of the stars there.

That is the advantage of a rural area with clear air. I think everyone would like that.

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

This is a beautiful shot Gerold, no wonder you didn't fly, I was looking at it quite a bit myself!

Thank you, Jack. But now we need to go back to work. I mean, back to flight...!

13 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Hi Gerold,

Although the shot is very special, I doubt if this is possible in real life. An airport generates so much light pollution that a night sky with stars will hardly be visible.

I live approximately 30 km from Schiphol (EHAM) and even from my home I can see the light pollution from the airport.

Maybe Melbourne is different, don't know.....

Best regards Fred

Thanks Fred, and I think you are right in RL. Let us escape into simming!

Archived