A few views of Perth...

Stillwater

This was just a little tour to check some of the OZx additions. Heading out of Jandakot you immediately hit Rottnest Island. The photoreal OZx does not blend too well...

2018-1-29_17-50RottnestIsland.jpg

... but it looks great.
2018-1-29_17-51-16-848.jpg

Perth itself could do well with a cityscape. But how to have a talented scenery designer getting photos of this remote place?

2018-1-29_17-55PerthCBD.jpg

YPPH has been upgraded (limited) by OZx for FSX. Unfortunately in p3d the buildings disappear...
2018-1-29_17-57YPPHOZx.jpg
2018-1-29_17-58-0-826.jpg

Therefore, any VFR flying must be based in Jandakot!

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Not the usual Gerold shots but not any fault of your own.  Pity they didn't play well, it would have been nice Gerold.  I love the last one though!

No worries Jack, we all can accept that 10 year old freeware add-ons may show weaknesses in 64 bit. And you are right, the last one shows p3d & orbx very well...

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Nice livery on your aircraft Gerold! :). A pity about the issues with the scenery. Is there perhaps a better Perth Airport around?

Thanks Paul. I have never heard about a better YPPH, but it would be good - to use it with a long-distance airliner.

Beautiful images Gerold despite some being the rottenest I have seen.:o

Definitely a case for some lower and slower flying.

It is still pleasing to get something so old working in the latest sim it wasn't designed for.:P

14 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Nice shots there Gerold!

Thank you, Dolf!

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set these. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks, Iain.

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Great set Gerold, I like the paint on the lanc! :)

Indeed, Adam, one of my favourite ones for Aussie flying.

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful images Gerold despite some being the rottenest I have seen.:o

Definitely a case for some lower and slower flying.

It is still pleasing to get something so old working in the latest sim it wasn't designed for.:P

Thanks, Martyn. And, you name it: pleasing to see the old freeware stuff still working quite well - we cannot expect all this to be updated. But maybe AUv2 helps a bit in this direction?

2 minutes ago, Taph said:

Nice set, and agree it will be interesting to see what V2 brings

Indeed Taph. I would be able to collect a list of item & suggestions with the screenshots I am currently collecting. Then it comes down to the budget & capacities for the upgrade.

Archived