Tim Harris and Out-back Sydney

JimNZ

Hello All.

For those who have never flown nor seen in actual life what the scenery is like some 100kms inland from Sydney NSW, I strongly suggest you bring up Tim Harris, Australia on youtube.  He has posted another video recently.  He has posted a number of classic scenery all in video and accompanied by music to suit.

Tim, is an excellent developer and a member of Orbx.

Jim.

6 hours ago, JimNZ said:

Hello All.

For those who have never flown nor seen in actual life what the scenery is like some 100kms inland from Sydney NSW, I strongly suggest you bring up Tim Harris, Australia on youtube.  He has posted another video recently.  He has posted a number of classic scenery all in video and accompanied by music to suit.

Tim, is an excellent developer and a member of Orbx.

Jim.

Thanks Jim for turning me on to these videos, that is some grand country scapes.  I have just watched a few but will subscribe to his channel tonight.  Thanks again.

3 hours ago, BradB said:

Thank you John for the link!

Thanks for the pointer Jim.  I just checked out the Tarana vid ( Oh Steve could you move the Camira I need to get the Torana out so I can get to the Commodore. Steve – I’ll have to get the keys to the Cortina if I’m gonna move that Camira. Darryl – Yeah watch the boat mate.)

Sorry, Once I wrote Tarana I had to do it (even if it's pronounced and spelled different) :rolleyes:.

These are some awesome vids. I am always blown away by what you can see in nature.  Our sims are awesome, but not a speck on what the real world offers terrain wise.  Ironically(?) I think simming makes me appreciate nature that much more when I see it with my own eyes.

Cheers,

Excellent set of short videos & skilful use of a drone to get most of the footage as well as adept editing.

(The Reggae influenced band looks to be a stationary camera)

Would be interested to know what brand &  technical set up/specs  you are using for the drone & camera, Tim.

TTM

Ahh busted :) thanks Jim and everyone for the kind words!

Glad you have enjoyed my flying and filming adventures, its certainly been a cheaper and safer way to experience the mountains compared to the little Jabiru aircraft I flew in up here at Katoomba a few years ago

8 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Excellent set of short videos & skilful use of a drone to get most of the footage as well as adept editing.

(The Reggae influenced band looks to be a stationary camera)

Would be interested to know what brand &  technical set up/specs  you are using for the drone & camera, Tim.

TTM

All videos except 'phantom falls', 'temple of doom' and 'cape horn' are filmed with a DJI Phantom 4 Pro which gives you 4K in a choice of 30 or 60fps, a live feed range of 4.5km, controller range of 7km, 30mins per battery, and a top speed of 70km, now also using a DJI CrystalSky monitor which is fantastic for viewing and framing the footage in bright sunlight, the results you see in the latest Narrow Neck video

I do a lot of stills too, both on the ground and in the air

https://www.instagram.com/timothyimagery

http://timothyimagery.com/

4 minutes ago, Tim Harris said:

Ahh busted :) thanks Jim and everyone for the kind words!

Glad you have enjoyed my flying and filming adventures, its certainly been a cheaper and safer way to experience the mountains compared to the little Jabiru aircraft I flew in up here at Katoomba a few years ago

All videos except 'phantom falls', 'temple of doom' and 'cape horn' are filmed with a DJI Phantom 4 Pro which gives you 4K in a choice of 30 or 60fps, a live feed range of 4.5km, controller range of 7km, now also using a DJI CrystalSky monitor which is fantastic for viewing and framing the footage in bright sunlight, the results you see in the latest Narrow Neck video

Tim

Thanks fo specs.

I thought you might be using FPV goggles or something like that because the shot framing & lighting is superb.

ie, I could tell you weren't just flying over an area & hoping you got something.

Keep at it, your getting some exceptional footage.

Waiting for some Midnight OIl accompaniment music :)

TTM

Great videos Tim of an amazing area, I don't think Sydneysiders realise what they have in their own backyard! I'm looking forward to doing more hiking and canyoning in the Blue Mountains this year including the Katoomba to Mittagong trail and eventually work up to doing Claustral Canyon.

Claustral-Canyon-Blue-Mountains-National

Archived