Another successful crossing!

Stillwater

Using the Carenado 850 in p3d failed two times, when I tried to do a flight from Christchurch to Auckland. Frustrated I was and went over to other planes. But now I collected all my remaining mental strength and gave her another chance: Out of Launceston (in the look of the early 2000s)...

2018-1-23_16-12YMLT.jpg

... over the Northeast coast...

2018-1-23_16-22-37-750.jpg
2018-1-23_16-22-43-816.jpg

... towards Wilsons Prom. NP.

2018-1-23_16-45WilsonsPromNP.jpg

Passing Moorabbin...

2018-1-23_16-58Moorabin.jpg

... and with two other city airports in sight. Oh well, with the CBD, too.

2018-1-23_17-3Melbourne.jpg

About to land...

2018-1-23_17-12YMML.jpg

Wow, there are some bigger jets than mine around here...

2018-1-23_17-17Bigones.jpg

Be careful, it sucks!

2018-1-23_17-19Followme.jpg

550 people deboarding from the A380, ready to hurry to immigration. Just 4 people deboarding here. We could be a bit faster at the bar....!

2018-1-23_17-23Quickdeboarding.jpg

PS: Yessss, this time the 850 was successful with no CTD! Great!

Awesome Gerold, glad you made it safely with no CTD's! Looks like it was a nice smooth flight, and I did not notice any sightings or near misses of the Sawyer Effect....no one knows where it will pop up next....the shading and colors of your captures have a nice, almost vintage look to them. 

8 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Awesome Gerold, glad you made it safely with no CTD's! Looks like it was a nice smooth flight, and I did not notice any sightings or near misses of the Sawyer Effect....no one knows where it will pop up next....the shading and colors of your captures have a nice, almost vintage look to them. 

Thanks, Landon. This plane is complicated enough not to show the Sawyer Effect on my computer, but indeed you don´t know where it appears next.

3 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent flight Gerold! Glad to see that your 850 is now working properly in P3Dv4 ;):).

You both got the point: It is a relief when something works after some disappointments!

Isn't it great when something finally works but I bet it weighed heavily on your mind the whole flight.

Reminds me of the old FSX days when an interesting flight was suddenly and prematurely terminated.

Some wonderful views of an area I have flown over recently but at a much lower level.

In your view of the 2 city airports, just by the nose is Thomastown, where I first lived when I came to Oz in '81.

We used to get a great view of the planes on their way to rwy 27 at YMML.

15 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Isn't it great when something finally works but I bet it weighed heavily on your mind the whole flight.

Oh yes, you got the point. No good feeling if you lost trust...

16 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Some wonderful views of an area I have flown over recently but at a much lower level.

In your view of the 2 city airports, just by the nose is Thomastown, where I first lived when I came to Oz in '81.

We used to get a great view of the planes on their way to rwy 27 at YMML.

Here we can see again the great memory effects flight simming can cause. I love that!

56 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was great Gerold!  I like that 380.  But I'm curious as to why it CTD'd a few times then worked.  What changed?  

Thanks Jack. But only for the first part of your comment.

For the second part you are totally right: I do not remember any change, so I am curious, too :wacko:!

11 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Oh yes, you got the point. No good feeling if you lost trust...

Here we can see again the great memory effects flight simming can cause. I love that!

Not only that but the fact I could pick out where you were from the scenery depiction.:)

Archived