Snow at EGCC Manchester in January

I have FTX Global running in P3D v3.4. I also have UK2000 Manchester EGCC. The airport is covered by snow in January. It shouldn't be. The author of UK2000 EGCC has released a fix to correct the problem but it is only needed in January. The user has to remember to remove the files for the remaining 11 months of the year. Apparently in December and February the snow is not visible.

I have updated FTX Global to the latest version but this problem remains. Can you please fix it. I have many other UK airports by the same author including Glasgow and Edinburgh and they don't have this snow problem even though in real life it's more likely to occur.

Many thanks.

EGCC_Snow_January.png

Nick,

I don't have FTX England, just FTX Global. This problem is only present at Manchester. If I move 25 miles west to Liverpool the problem doesn't exist.

And why just January? If I choose a different date - 31 December or 1 February the ground textures are restored. I could understand the logic if it affected all UK airports in January but to only apply it to Manchester is daft. Can you please ask those responsible to fix this, thanks.

I've posted on the UK2000 Forum and Gary has supplied a fix but the user has to remove the files when January ends. It's a workaround but what we need is for FTX Global to behave in a consistent way for all UK airports in January. Not do something different purely for Manchester. Just remove the snow at Manchester in Jan please.

2 minutes ago, Doc Scott said:

I do not really think,that it is an ORBX problem,even if it is caused by them.

Or could you imagine the guys from ORBX should do find solutions for other people's payware?

Just my thoughts

Scott

I beg to differ. Without FTX Global this problem wouldn't exist. How can you say they're not responsible? And the reason I think it's a bug and not a feature is it only applies to Manchester. Why not Liverpool, Newcastle or Edinburgh?

Hello Ray, I cannot replicate this, though I don't have Manchester Extreme.

I do have Volume 3 of the airports and also the free version of Manchester Extreme.

As far as I can see, it is EU England that introduces the snow textures to the England generated scenery

in January.

FTX Global Base on its own does not appear to do this and your screen shot of the white Manchester surrounded by

green seems to support that theory.

Given that none of your other airports are white, I am wondering why Gary's airport would turn white when the surrounding

scenery is green.

How did you reach your conclusion that FTX Global Base software is influencing UK 2000 Manchester Extreme?

Hi Nick,

It was Gary who said Orbx FTX was responsible in the EGCC SnowFix.zip which is available if you've purchased Manchester XTreme v2. Without that version I'm not surprised you can't replicate the problem. Here's what he said in the readme although it affects UTX Global as well as FTX England.

Orbx FTX in there wisdom have decided that Manchester will have snow during January.
This set of files can be used to blend Manchester Xtreme V2 in the FTX England January season.

Installation

Only use for the month of January!
Copy the BMP files into your products 'texture' folder.

**DONT** use the options program after its installed

Uninstall (for all other 11 months of the year)
---------
Run the options program, and normal textures wi
ll be restored

Gary is a seasoned professional and I have no reason not to believe him.

I don't know what "EU England" is. Can you clarify?

I notice that he mentions FTX EU England, not FTX Global Base.

Orbx FTX in there wisdom have decided that Manchester will have snow during January.
This set of files can be used to blend Manchester Xtreme V2 in the FTX England January season.

As you insist that you do not have it, the fix is not for you.

It is becoming my belief that you have installed Gary's fix for FTX EU England,

which would make Manchester Extreme white to match the FTX EU England

snow textures during the month of January.

I think you should do as he has already suggested to you in his forum and remove the

snow option for Manchester Extreme and it will then match the FTX product

that you actually have.

This, from your own quote, would appear to be what to do.

Uninstall (for all other 11 months of the year)
---------
Run the options program, and normal textures wi
ll be restored

Nick,

I haven't installed the snow option. I only downloaded it to examine its contents. I have only installed the Xtreme version of Manchester v2 and there is no option in that to select Snow in January.

Is anyone at Orbx able to confirm that FTX Global does not apply snow to Manchester in January? if so I will go back to Gary. I admit it does seem odd that the snow is confined to his Manchester scenery but why aren't others seeing the same problem in P3D v3?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Nick,

Gary thinks he may have put the wrong files in the installer. As it's now February the problem has resolved itself. If I still have P3D v3 next January I'll check things with him.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Didn't get the email notifying me a reply had been posted.

Archived