Up the Western Wilderness Coast

Stillwater

Though Deny King lived here for 55 years, I decided to leave Melaleuca after spending the night down ther in good company. This place looks great in the sim...

2018-1-22_13-4YBHB.jpg

... but we head out over Bathurst Harbour...
2018-1-22_13-10BathurstHarbour.jpg

... and turn north at Davey Head.

2018-1-22_13-17DaveyHead.jpg
2018-1-22_13-24-55-931.jpg

After flying for quite some time over the wilderness (and loneliness), we reach Macquarie Harbour, with the mouth of Gordon River to Starbord.

2018-1-22_13-47GordonRiver.jpg
2018-1-22_13-52Macquarieharbour.jpg

Here we reach Hell´s Gates, who wonders about this name should start reading here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macquarie_Harbour_Penal_Station (whilst Sarah Island itself is missing in the sim).
2018-1-22_13-54HellsGates.jpg

Strahan Airport is below, but who needs an airport...
2018-1-22_13-58YSRN.jpg

... when you can go to the city center directly.

2018-1-22_14-1-22-519.jpg

Unfortunately some buildings are missing in p3dv4 here. But still that worth it for me!

2018-1-22_14-3Strahan.jpg

14 minutes ago, paulb said:

A great flight Gerold! Well done! :)

Thank you, Paul!

52 minutes ago, Wakashi said:

Excellent excursion Sir, interesting article on Hell’s Gate also, sounds as bad as or worse than Alcatraz! :ph34r:  Grand shots of the trip too!

Interesting what men do & did, Roger. Thanks for watching & reading!

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Another masterful tour Gerold, I liked it very much!

Thank you Jack. No aerobatics here, but a peaceful flight.

1 hour ago, teecee said:

Mate you did it again! Thanks for posting this flight.. Any chance of a copy of the Beaver paint? love it. Terry.

Thank you, Mr. Navigator. But I have to disappoint you: I do not own a Beaver, this is a Cessna 185F.

Again, nice little tour of another corner of Aussie that I knew nothing about. Wonderful Gerold! I was about to ask who the heck Deny King was, when I cam across John's comments above...Wonderful little learning thread here :) Nice paint on that Cessna too, she looks perfect for this little tour.

2 hours ago, stewart1 said:

enjoyed your shots Gerold and what a nice paint job on that aircraft and it looks like you had a nice trip regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, for watching & commenting here!

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Again, nice little tour of another corner of Aussie that I knew nothing about. Wonderful Gerold! I was about to ask who the heck Deny King was, when I cam across John's comments above...Wonderful little learning thread here :) Nice paint on that Cessna too, she looks perfect for this little tour.

That´s so great here on the forum: You not only get inspirations for upcoming flights, but also some history & geography lessons. Much more than simming pleasure.

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Sensational shots onceagain Gerold! :)

Thank you very much, Adam!

13 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent and enjoyable flight Gerold.

So much great scenery and history from this part of the world.

Heaps of amazing scenery inland too.:)

Thanks Martyn. Indeed the inland in Tassies Southwest also has lots to show, but I skipped it today, knowing that TassieTigerFlow is not yet established by Orbx. I hope there is something to come, we are waiting since 1936 for this invention! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thylacine

Archived