Travelling up the Tamar

Stillwater

It took me some time to get back into flying mode after meeting Martyn and Ken yesterday (albeit only virtually). Finally I left Devonport...

2018-1-17_18-13YDPO.jpg

... waved goodbye over Port Sorell...

2018-1-17_18-14PortSorell.jpg

... and headed east over the peaceful coast...

2018-1-17_18-19-19-945.jpg

... towards Georgetown at the mouth of Tamar river.

2018-1-17_18-20Tamarmouth.jpg

Headed right (up the river) over Bell Bay...

2018-1-17_18-22BellBay.jpg
2018-1-17_18-22-54-19.jpg

... and spotted something for Jack. Batman bridge.

2018-1-17_18-24Batmanbridge.jpg

Launceston CBD with the famous Stillwater restaurant. 

2018-1-17_18-34LaunyCBD.jpg

And here we arrive at the nearby airport, depicted in its status about 10 years ago. But still a pleasure to return to.

2018-1-17_18-38YMLT.jpg
2018-1-17_18-42-49-715.jpg
2018-1-17_18-44-55-444.jpg

A short but interesting flight Gerold.

Nice to virtually meet you and Ken yesterday but now we have gone off in opposite directions and while you are enjoying Boag's and Cascade all they have on offer at UIUU is Svedka and Belenkaya. I was hoping for some Magic Moments but I was out of luck yesterday.:huh::o:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic flight and shots Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam. It was a pleasure!

13 hours ago, stewart1 said:

super flight Gerold and some super set of shots as well regards Stewart

Thanks Stewart. If you like it, come down and spend some virtual time in Tassie, too!

14 hours ago, BradB said:

Marvelous shots from Tassie Gerold . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John. I can only repeat my previous comment: Come down (virtually), we´ll have a party here! 

10 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Looks like an ideal VFR flight. Beautiful light too!

Indeed Francois. I knew these lights along the Tamar were great, and now p3d does its job on my rig, too.

12 hours ago, paulb said:

Great flight Gerold! Nice shots! The Skymaster looks interesting with its push and pull layout :).

Thanks, Paul. She can go down to landing speeds of about 60 kts, but in the same breath cruise at about 160. A well-usable bushflyer...

14 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Nice flight Gerold, with some good narration and lovely shots of the Skymaster! Nice variety of shots and angles too ;)

Thanks Landon. The Skymaster´s design is very interesting, which helps finding good perspectives!

14 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

A short but interesting flight Gerold.

Nice to virtually meet you and Ken yesterday but now we have gone off in opposite directions and while you are enjoying Boag's and Cascade all they have on offer at UIUU is Svedka and Belenkaya. I was hoping for some Magic Moments but I was out of luck yesterday.:huh::o:rolleyes:

Uuuuh, you are very rempote up there. If the offers of Vodka come with some fish eggs, that might help you?! I´ll stay with salmon, aspargus, Tasmanian White and one or another steak for today. 

Looking forward for our next virtual meeting, I will keep a bottle of a good Sharman´s Chardonnay in my hand luggage for you!

12 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Beautiful flight Gerold. Glad your head is better after meeting Martyn and Ken. What a great idea to have a "spare" prop on that little birdie of yours. Very clever:rolleyes::D

Thank you Karl. Even in virtual a spare prop can be very helpful. And, even in virtual such a meeting can be very dangerous :blink:!

37 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

Grand set, might I recommend heading to St Helens then friendly beaches, east coast is magic

Thanky, Ken, for your comment & for the recommendation. I love the east coast and you might find one little detail in my next flight plan which is a delicious add-on.

YMLT-YSTH.jpg

15 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice ones Gerold, I love these narrated tours and thanks for the tip about the bridge! :D

Thank you Jack. It is an easy one, if you put the FTX Vector bridges to "off" before flying.

Archived