Oceania lock ups

SgtOgre

I am at wits end.  I have a new computer and installed FSX.  I had it on my old computer and all ORBX products worked fine, although it was a slower computer.  Now I installed ORBX in my new computer's FSX.  All regions work, except AU Austrailia and NZ New Zealand, both north and south islands.  When I select these regions when starting FSX in Select Airport, FSX freezes and no longer responds.  When I start at an airport outside the region, and try to "go to airport" in Austrailia or New Zealand, again it locks up, freezes.  I tried to reinstall, but had the same result.  FTX Central indicates that these Regions are installed and fully updated.  Unified IcLookup has been completed after installation of the Regions.  Please help, I am at wits end.

Hi,

Please apply the below process.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

image.png.f05d3a409c4e474fed86649bd91ac7aa.png

Cheers

Doug

All Orbx Libs are installed and up to date.  All 3rd party addons are at the top of the scenery library, above FTX entries (in fact I deactivated all involving Australia and New Zealand).  FTX Central 3 insertion points are below 3rd party addons and openLC is just below FTX.  Southern Alaska, Pacific Fjords, Pacific Northwest, Northern Rockies, Northern California, Southern California, Central Rockies, Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales, Norway, Northern Germany all work.  The problem is only with Australia and New Zealand.

I reviewed all folders below FTX and openLC.  It should have been only default FSX files, but I discovered a folder that contained flightplans.  I moved it above FTX and now I can access Oceania in my scenery.  I do not understand why this created an issue.  I will go over the flightplans individually and see if I can find the specific problem.  It will probably take a lot of time.  The important part is that Orbx Oceania scenery is now accessible.  With my faster new computer, it is beautiful.

Well I thought I had it.  Back to square one.  Still locks up when I try to select an Australia or New Zealand start point.  Very frustrating after getting it to work once.  Maybe its a memory issue?  This is my first time with Windows 10, can't say I like it very much.  Open to suggestions (help)

• 1 month later...

After painstakingly going over my scenery files I have fixed this issue,  ORBX Australia and New Zealand now open easily and it is beautiful on my new faster computer.  Unfortunately I cannot say specifically what was the issue.  It likely involved either a duplicate AFCAD or scenery priority sequence in the add on file.  It was not within ORBX Oceania scenery area, but did effect it.  Now everything works great.  New Zealand is even better than I ever imagined, hats off to the ORBX creators.

Archived