OOM errors

goodmanp

Are you referring to OpenLC and Vector use in FSX/P3D v3 (or older) or are you referring to use in P3D v4? It matters significantly. In FSX/P3D version 3 and prior, OpenLC does not cause OOM issues that much at all. Vector however, can be a heavy cause when it comes to OOM's, depending on the Vector settings you use. Vector has a very good control panel that enables you to select and de-select many different settings. The more you have UNchecked, the less Vector will affect OOM's. Of course the trade off is you are missing out on some of the scenery benefits of Vector.

When it comes to P3D v4 and later, none of the above matters. Since P3D v4 runs in 64 bit mode, it can handle all the Vector settings with little to no effect when it comes to OOM. In fact, in my experience, nothing I have that contributed to OOM's in P3D v3 and FSX have caused any OOM's in my P3D v4 install.

So, what sim platform you use is up to you and your circumstances, but there is the answer to your question. I am sure others will have input as well.

Welcome to the FTX forums :)

Hello,

the general rule is that the more of you ask of a 32 bit simulator, the more likely that it is

to use up all of the available VAS.

Anything that adds detail is adding to the simulator work load and therefore its working resources used.

Vector does add detail, if you prefer to fly airliners, you might be more interested in a correctly shaped coastline

than whether or not it has houses and trees on it.

Archived