My vote for PenguinFlow

Stillwater

My last flight took me to Leongatha, and from there it is not far to come back into my own footsteps. Heading west ...

2018-1-7_18-10Leongatha.jpg

... towards Philip Island with its lovely little airstrip...

2018-1-7_18-18-53-202.jpg

... and the museum.

2018-1-7_18-24PhilipIsland.jpg

Not much time to spend, as it was already dawning, so we took off...

2018-1-7_18-27-33-956.jpg

... headed across the Philip Island Race Course...

2018-1-7_18-29PIracecourse.jpg

... towards Penguin Beach. I have been there in 2003. Time flies, in contrast to some birds.

2018-1-7_18-31PenguinBeach.jpg

These make landfall every evening. Not sure if this PenguinFlow needs to be seen from an airliner - but isn´t it the same with any NatureFlow?
2018-1-7_18-32PenguinBeach.jpg

We went on to Mornington Peninsula...

2018-1-7_19-21-11-565.jpg

... followed one of Hendriks ships heading out of Port Philipp Bay...
2018-1-7_19-23-50-561.jpg

... and turned just left to Point Nepean Airstrip for the night.
2018-1-7_19-25PtNepean.jpg

Wonderful images Gerold.

I used to spend a lot of time on Philip Island when my brother had a holiday home there, loved the place.

You have been to the Penguin Parade since me and I hope you enjoyed it as much as me.

Some sad news though as last night some yobs broke into the Zoo near to where I live and threw a Penguin into the tiger enclosure.:(:ph34r::ph34r:

All ended happily as the tiger couldn't get the wrapper off.:lol::lol::huh::wacko:

penguin.png.b9c061209451de231c5987d560e4dfc8.png

6 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful images Gerold.

I used to spend a lot of time on Philip Island when my brother had a holiday home there, loved the place.

You have been to the Penguin Parade since me and I hope you enjoyed it as much as me.

Some sad news though as last night some yobs broke into the Zoo near to where I live and threw a Penguin into the tiger enclosure.:(:ph34r::ph34r:

All ended happily as the tiger couldn't get the wrapper off.:lol::lol::huh::wacko:

First I was:( then I was :lol:

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful images Gerold.

poor penguin you had me and my partner going for a min   Martyn until I scrolled down and see the choc bar regards stewart you are a buger Martyn  

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

First I was:( then I was :lol:

This was me too....I love penguins...awesome little guys. I have never seen them in the wild, but I have seen them at various animal parks. They always look like they have so much fun when they are playing in the water, and with each other. And who doesn't like Happy Feet? :D

4 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

This was me too....I love penguins...awesome little guys. I have never seen them in the wild, but I have seen them at various animal parks. They always look like they have so much fun when they are playing in the water, and with each other. And who doesn't like Happy Feet? :D

:lol: Little tuxedo clad birds, who wouldn't love 'em?  My wife loves them so much when she was a kid she wanted one to keep in the freezer so it would have cold weather :lol:.

We have tons of stuffed penguins, figurines, photos, you name it.

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

My wife loves them so much when she was a kid she wanted one to keep in the freezer so it would have cold weather 

Now that is taking it to another level! Haha....the things we think we can make happen when we are kids.....

19 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

My kind of adventure flying with a little sea breeze here and there!

Thank you Bermuda. Indeed the weather was looking fascinating on this flight. p3d at its work...!

19 hours ago, paulb said:

Great flight Gerold! Yes, we do need penguinflow :D.

That needs to be said here! Thanks, Paul.

17 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Lovely shots Gerold. Classy birds in their Tuxedos.:)

Always stylish.

17 hours ago, BradB said:

+1 - One question - who's doing the cleanup . :o:P:unsure::lol:

John

I only clean up my HDD from time to time. The rest is done by mother nature. Or how you call her.

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Brilliant flight and narration Gerold!  That scenery is beautiful.   And my wife loves penguins, she even sleeps with a stuffed one.  Really. :rolleyes:

Thank you Jack. Poor Jack, in case the stuffed one requires too much space.

15 hours ago, kjrman said:

Nice flight and narration.  Cool to see other places I need to visit!

That would be a challenge here on this vivid forum. My list is soooooo long meanwhile...

13 hours ago, adambar said:

Splended set of images Gerold! :)

Thank you, Adam!

6 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Super set of shots Gerold Martyn got me going for a min with his news about the zoo regards stewart

#Metoo, Stewart, me too! And who speaks for the penguins, if not we here at the forum?

23 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

It is a bit of an "orchestrated wild" at all these penguin parades in the south. But still fantastic to view.

Archived