installing addons after unified lookup

akflyguy

after downloading everything the best I knew how, I am still getting weird affects in my scenery. I see water everywhere. on the side of mountains, in farm lands and in forests. and I do not have any way to configure my 3 different orbx products. base and north America. ill add that I  personally added the orbx file into the  fsx file. and I do not know where the orbx addons should be in relationship to the addon scenery in the fsx library.i assume below ftx?i have grids everywhere. the screen shots are within the south Alaska area.

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (26).png

Hi,

First, Please apply the below procedure.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party non Orbx addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

image.png.4444f743c41cae99b665765f16fadc07.png

Cheers

Doug

I believe I have set it the way you described.i have a few pictures that ill post. the one that scares me is that orbx troubleshooter says I have files missing from ftx base... is there a location that I could manually download ftx base and ftx lc north America? that way I could have a backup too. maybe a zip file. like libraries.

Screenshot (49).png

Screenshot (48).png

Hi,

Everything looks good except the troubleshooter results, to fix this go to your FSX\Orbx\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the "FTX_GLOBAL_BASE_PACK.txt" file, this will tell FTXC3 that it is no longer installed and allow to to reinstall from FTXC3 at which point it will only download the missing or damaged files.

For manual download options review the below methods.

Please use a download manager for the below manual methods, here is a good free DL manager, just beware of any additional antivirus/malware it may want to include in the install https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/   Browser extension DL managers do not work for this.

Alternatively, you can also use a download manager (to help avoid corrupt downloads) such as IDM and do a manual download from your Orbx Direct account web page (this is where a download manager works great) and click on the account button top of page, then find and click on the product info, and in the bottom line small print there is a manual download option, down load it and save it in a named folder, then open FTXC3 and select it, and click on the orange "installation options" and select "Install from my manually downloaded .zip". as per the below links. :)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/127395-manual-download-of-products/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/125435-how-to-install-from-an-orbx-direct-downloaded-zip-file/

Cheers

Doug

Archived