Do you see what I see?

Stillwater

When I started my first virtual Australia tour in FSX years ago, this was my first flight out of the Melbourne area: Starting from Avalon...

2018-1-2_13-7YMAV.jpg

... over Geelong...

2018-1-2_13-12Geelong.jpg

... and towards YCES Ceres. The curved runway impressed me a lot, but I do not plan to land here today.

2018-1-2_13-13YCESCeres.jpg
2018-1-2_13-16-22-199.jpg

Going on to YGLG Geelong...
2018-1-2_13-17YGLGGeelong.jpg

... towards today´s destination: YTMW Tiger Moth World. A place well suited for @VH-KDK due to the static plane, and to @Jack Sawyer due to its color.

2018-1-2_13-20YTMWTigerMothWorld.jpg
2018-1-2_13-24-11-701.jpg
2018-1-2_14-0-36-55.jpg
2018-1-2_14-4-23-597.jpg
2018-1-2_14-5-54-530.jpg

Did you recognize the purpose of this flight? Kudos to Jorge @aeronauta, who has obviously done a magic job. Download the current libs on http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/27004-ozx-p3d-libraries-open-beta-updated-27112017/ and please report any problems with relevant info and pics THERE.

Great pics Gerold.

Hey, me too.  I think YCES was the first OzX strip I ever landed at, and I spent ages exploring that whole Geelong area and all the strips.  There are quite a few strips in that area.  That was before I even heard of ORBX, but it wasn't long before I added the Australian terrain from ORBX to complete the package.  Tigermoth World was also one of my favourites, and Jorge did do an outstanding job with the libraries.  It looks like a new airport in P3D.  I have driven past that airport many times in the real world.

BTW I think it is actually known as Torquay Airport (YTQY) as that is where Tigermoth World is based.

Great pics!

Cheers,

Fantastic looking shots Gerold , you have better luck right out of the gate with anything OZX in P3D . I tried to install the complete package of OZx and Ants airports into 4.1 and had a epic fail . I had to do a complete reinstall anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it . :):angry::D

Cheers

John

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

This is brilliant Gerold!  Wow, amazing stuff here.  Thank you my friend!

You´re welcome, mate. So much to discover again...

1 hour ago, scottharmes6 said:

I think YCES was the first OzX strip I ever landed at, and I spent ages exploring that whole Geelong area and all the strips.  There are quite a few strips in that area.  That was before I even heard of ORBX, but it wasn't long before I added the Australian terrain from ORBX to complete the package.  Tigermoth World was also one of my favourites, and Jorge did do an outstanding job with the libraries.  It looks like a new airport in P3D.  I have driven past that airport many times in the real world.

BTW I think it is actually known as Torquay Airport (YTQY) as that is where Tigermoth World is based.

Thanks for your comments, Scott. OZx was a great discovery when it came out first, and it looks totally new now.

You are probably right with the "ICAO" code of this hub. I was posting too excited & fast... :D

27 minutes ago, BradB said:

Fantastic looking shots Gerold , you have better luck right out of the gate with anything OZX in P3D . I tried to install the complete package of OZx and Ants airports into 4.1 and had a epic fail . I had to do a complete reinstall anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it . :):angry::D

Cheers

John

Uh, oh, do not make me anxious! I was planning to add the masses of other OZx stuff soon... perhaps I should be slightly careful... ;)

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

You´re welcome, mate. So much to discover again...

Thanks for your comments, Scott. OZx was a great discovery when it came out first, and it looks totally new now.

You are probably right with the "ICAO" code of this hub. I was posting too excited & fast... :D

Uh, oh, do not make me anxious! I was planning to add the masses of other OZx stuff soon... perhaps I should be slightly careful... ;)

Let me know how it goes Gerold .

John

Wonderful discovery Gerold.

I love OZx which enhances the ORBX scenery so well but I have tended to fly in Queensland , NSW and WA mostly overlooking my own back yard, silly me!

You can always do what I have done.

I have an external HDD with just FSX, FTX AU, ASN, REXTD, ORBX pay ware and freeware airports, OZx, Ant's and a selection of my favourite planes many of which wont work in P3DV4.

Works a treat with great performance.

I did try OZx in V2.4 but a lot of the features were missing, maybe something I did wrong but after seeing the problems John has had in V4 I will leave my current set up.

3 hours ago, paulb said:

Tremendous Gerold! You seem to be enjoying yourself :).

I do, Paul, as long as everything works...!

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots these. 

cheers 

Iain 

Thank you, Iain!

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Let me know how it goes Gerold .

John

Sure, my friend. I have some doubt now, but I´ll go on.

45 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful discovery Gerold.

I love OZx which enhances the ORBX scenery so well but I have tended to fly in Queensland , NSW and WA mostly overlooking my own back yard, silly me!

You can always do what I have done.

I have an external HDD with just FSX, FTX AU, ASN, REXTD, ORBX pay ware and freeware airports, OZx, Ant's and a selection of my favourite planes many of which wont work in P3DV4.

Works a treat with great performance.

I did try OZx in V2.4 but a lot of the features were missing, maybe something I did wrong but after seeing the problems John has had in V4 I will leave my current set up.

I am prepared to do your procedure, as you see from my sig I have an SSD waiting for a fresh FSX install... but I try to go on with p3d as far as it goes. Jorge has made a library update end of November, perhaps that is the cure. It may also be that some OZx developers used unconvertable library elements (FS20014?) that cause trouble.

We´ll see... :D!

12 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I do, Paul, as long as everything works...!

Thank you, Iain!

Sure, my friend. I have some doubt now, but I´ll go on.

I am prepared to do your procedure, as you see from my sig I have an SSD waiting for a fresh FSX install... but I try to go on with p3d as far as it goes. Jorge has made a library update end of November, perhaps that is the cure. It may also be that some OZx developers used unconvertable library elements (FS20014?) that cause trouble.

We´ll see... :D!

Hey Gerold , I did use Jorge's November update . My issue had to do with how you add the OZx scenery to the P3D scenery list . In FSX it was a snap to add 3rd party scenery and libraries to FSX . I did not get the memo however on doing the same with P3D . :angry::(

John

53 minutes ago, BradB said:

Hey Gerold , I did use Jorge's November update . My issue had to do with how you add the OZx scenery to the P3D scenery list . In FSX it was a snap to add 3rd party scenery and libraries to FSX . I did not get the memo however on doing the same with P3D . :angry::(

John

Maybe i´m naive, maybe i´m lucky (so far). But indeed I add sceneries either with their installer or in the old FSX way. I´ll keep you posted... :blink::rolleyes:

16 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Gents, if you allow me to say that: the more I read about issues related to include older planes into v4.1, the more I'm happy to stick to 3.4, where all my old stuff works

I´ll try to go as far as I can in v4 and let you know where I fail. Never hurry, never change a running system!

16 hours ago, kjrman said:

Fun flight to follow, great shots!

Thanks KJR!

11 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic flight and shots Gerold! :)

Thank you Adam. I enjoyed the rediscovery of these fields!

Archived