Für Nordlichter

Stillwater

... die sicher die Stadt hier sofort erkennen. Und auch, dass die Catalina in p3dv4 funktioniert.

2017-12-30_19-5Bremen.jpg

For the others: The Catalina is p3dv4-tested where I grew up. My parents house, my schools & the university are shown here, as well as the Weserstadion, home to the glorious SV Werder Bremen.

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wish I spoke a second language, very nice shot Gerold!  And what a beautiful country too.

You should try at least some languages on restaurant- or beer garden level, it helps a lot ("una cerveza, por favor!", "Xie xie!").

11 hours ago, paulb said:

That's great Gerold. Good to see you 'at home' :).

Thanks for coming by, Paul!

11 hours ago, BradB said:

I guess some day with Orbx photo real coming Gerold , you could drive Jack's Beamer right up to your front door . :unsure::rolleyes:;):o:lol:

Cheers

John

I am not so sure about photoreal, but I fear what you see!

10 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Super shot Gerold, nice to know where you live......   My Great, Great, Great Grandfather immigrated to America from Hamburg around 1814.

Thank you, John. 1814 is loong ago, so they could nearly have been founders! Many people have emigrated from Bremerhaven, but this harbour had been founded around 1850 only - so your ancestors might indeed have been going through this picture (harbour was to the left).

10 hours ago, kjrman said:

Nice set of shots, having your home in ORBX must be great fun.

It is, indeed. OK, it also shows the limits of graphics. But it is already the limit of my hardware, too....!

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful nostalgic view Gerold.

Plenty of POIs with this image both on the screen and from your reminiscing.:D

Oh mate, I can tell you loads of stories of POIs hidden in this picture. And not all should be written in history books.

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

You should try at least some languages on restaurant- or beer garden level, it helps a lot ("una cerveza, por favor!", "Xie xie!").

When I was in the Air Force we deployed to Spain for a month.  My three friends and I went to the "Hollywood" bar in Madrid.  It was wall to wall mirrors of famous Hollywood actors.  A nice little pub.  So I tried to order four beers in English, the bartended didn't understand me, he kept giving me confused looks, despite me pointing to the tap,and holding up four fingers.

So I went back to the table and told the guys.  One of them was a guy who was stationed there and spoke fluent Spanish.  He told me how to order, so walking back to the bar I kept repeating, quadro cervaza por favor.  When I said that to the bartender, without missing a beat and in perfect American English said, "Sure, what kind of beers do ya want?"

We never laughed so hard, talk about taking the Mickey out of someone!  :lol:

23 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shot.

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks Iain!

15 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Beautiful! Das ist ne tolle Stadt ist das!

Das isse!

11 hours ago, ozboater said:

Throttle back and lean the mixture, and you can spend 25 hours 'at home'.

I even took the throttle totally back and just finished a little pattern back into the airport. So I could even spend longer... :rolleyes:

Archived