ESSA docking system

• 5 months later...
On 1/1/2018 at 9:07 PM, Marcus Nyberg said:

They are currently static, I apologize about that.

We will implement dynamic gates as soon as the tech is finished that we are developing here at ORBX.

Marcus,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to disable the current static docking systems, so that they can be replaced by GSX docking systems? I've browsed all the BGL files but couldn't find one with an appropriate name. 

If I could just delete a BGL file and get rid of the dummy systems, that would be perfect. GSX can provide me with functional docking guidance.

The new ORBX tech has been promised for what feels like years, so I'm not hopeful that it arrives anytime soon ;) No hard feelings, just think that in the meantime an option to place GSX systems would be perfect.

11 hours ago, mburkhard said:

Marcus,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to disable the current static docking systems, so that they can be replaced by GSX docking systems? I've browsed all the BGL files but couldn't find one with an appropriate name. 

If I could just delete a BGL file and get rid of the dummy systems, that would be perfect. GSX can provide me with functional docking guidance.

The new ORBX tech has been promised for what feels like years, so I'm not hopeful that it arrives anytime soon ;) No hard feelings, just think that in the meantime an option to place GSX systems would be perfect.

Hi!

The gates are currently baked into the building models so that is unfortunatly not possible. And yes, it has actually been a few years now since we made that promise so I totally understand that it's been way too long and that if other solutions come along they might be worth a shot. So no hard feelings, thanks for being constructive. 

As for the dummy guidance system, you can try removing ESSA_LIB_PLC_Extras_Guidance.bgl which will remove most of them.

Archived