ORBX NZQN Disappeared Runway Texture

jzsope

Hi everyone!

I was practicing circling landing in ORBX NZQN these days. But I found my runway textures just refused to load correctly before touchdown.

Even when I finally landed on the runway, the textures were still disappeared.

I have checked that I purchased and installed NZ South Island. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing NZQN.

And it should be noticed that when I load the sim on runway directly, everything looks normal. This only happened when I fly from somewhere to NZQN.

Is this a texture load problem? Or an elevation problem?

2018-1-1_2-22-58-708.thumb.jpg.20a9ec5d4e200b6ce7eb286af2b2b788.jpg

Will be grateful if someone know what happened!

Best wishes and happy new year!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:59 AM, Mikelab6 said:

I had this problem too and my solution was to reinstall the airport.

Mike

I tried reinstalling NZQN but the problem remains.

It seems that the NZQN airport is quite an old add-on. Almost all scenery files are from the year 2015 or 2016, when P3D V4 was not out. I know that a lot old add-ons showed this kind of texture problems in P3D V4.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

possibly the elevation problem is caused by missing 

(P3D)\scenery\world\scenery\ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN_elevation_adjustment.

Reinstalling the airport usually fixes this problem, as already mentioned.

If correctly installed, it works just as it should.

Untitled.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, nisx said:

I am having a similar problem. Just bought the regional pack and the airport.

Input would be greatly appreciated on how to fix this.

Thanks,

Hi nisx,

It seems you did have elevation problem, which is not the same issue as mine.

Try re-install or use Vector to fix this.

Regards

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:30 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

possibly the elevation problem is caused by missing 

(P3D)\scenery\world\scenery\ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN_elevation_adjustment.

Reinstalling the airport usually fixes this problem, as already mentioned.

If correctly installed, it works just as it should.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your suggestion. I do have the ADE file you mentioned. I also apply airport elevation configurator in ORBX Vector every time I update my scenery library.

ADE.thumb.JPG.d0aaee17cb7213213314de34ed6df05f.JPG

My problem is that the runway texture is normal when I load my sim at NZQN directly, but suffering texture loss every time I fly to NZQN as destination from somewhere else. I re-installed my NZQN for several times using FTX Central, but didn't fix the problem.

I noticed some other old version sceneries have this kind of issue. According to the modification dates of NZQN scenery files, I guess ORBX NZQN was not well modified and adapted for new P3D versions. New ORBX products like the popular LOWI has no this kind of issue and performed perfectly.

Hope ORBX can fix this with new updates. NZQN is a very beautiful airport in real world and a perfect place to practice manual circling landing.

Regards

• 1 month later...

I have this problem as well in P3DV4.2.

As I've finally started purchasing Oceania airports and regions, I've noticed other older Oceania airports with low resolution textures showing up...

I really love exploring these new areas, but some of the Oceania FTX airports could use a little work to bring them up to today's Orbx high standards.

Anyway, I'm still enjoying them.

Hi jzsope,

Did you find a solution to your problem?

I'd like to solve the issue as well...

It appears the photo real is showing up instead of the runway. If I rename "ORBX_NZQN_PR_50cm.bgl" to "ORBX_NZQN_PR_50cm.bgl.OFF", then the section of photo real runway is completely gone and only the green shows through. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:14 AM, FlyBlueSkies said:

Did you find a solution to your problem?

Hi,

I haven't flown to NZQN since then. Because I didn't find any solution for this annoying problem after exhausting experiments.

I believe it's ORBX developers' duty to solve this problem by providing an texture update of NZQN scenery. But this looks like hopeless yet @ORBX.

By the way, I remember my landing at runway 23 is OK, you may try runway 23. A YouTube video by Peter Yang also showed a successful landing at runway 23.

Finally, if you're tired of fixing this problem, just remember that there are still lots of other exciting airports in P3D to explore. 

Regards

Hi,

Maybe you could help by posting your active scenery.cfg file? 

Also, It might be a good idea to do a search in your main sim folder for all NZQN and post the results here, and if we get a chance we will have a look to help you with your issue.

Cheers

Doug

This has been a issue for a long time without a solution. I have asked for help but get none. If you do a search you will find many post on this. Why is it that Orbx lets these post just die. Do we have to keep re-posting or can we find a solution. This was even a issue in FSX. I was told last year that there was going to be a new system so our post don't go unanswered and unresolved. At this point I just don't use Queenstown or Milford.   Josh

Since I have had this issue for awhile and stopped trying to fix it and abandon those airports I will have to re visit the situation and get back to you on what I done to try to resolve it.  I can fly out of Queenstown with everything good but when I get back there runway textures are all like the the first post in this thread. With Milford the elevations are all messed up. I was able to get it to work properly but when I bought  and installed Queenstown it messed it up again. On the other note has ORBX created a system so post don't go un aswerd as was promised by Nick last year as I have many post without any answers or inquiries or even any kind of help in any way. In the early days it seemed much better at getting answers. I know these products very well and have had very little issues and at times offered support to other user that have issues that I know the answers too. Ill get back to you with my findings on the issue in time.  Josh

Hi Doug  I solved my issues by re installing both airports. It seams you have to do it in a certain order. lets say you re install south island and then re install, it will mess up the airports. In my case I reinstalled  SI trying to work the issue and didn't realize that I would have to re install the airports. Here is a link from a earlier post that explains it. I done this with other areas in the past and have not had this issue and I do remember talk about this years ago but couldn't find it. I'm good to go for now. Josh

I wanted to also confirm that following the instructions by Graham and FreeBird solved this problem for me as well. To confirm, I uninstalled both NZQN (Queenstown) and New Zealand South Island. I then reinstalled New Zealand South Island FIRST, then installed NZQN (Queenstown) next.

The problem that jzsope described in his first post, which I also had, is now gone. I tested by starting at Milford, flying to NZQN. I also tested by flying from NZGY to NZQN twice. All three times, the runway textures were correct.

Thanks to Graham and FreeBird for this solution!

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, FlyBlueSkies said:

I wanted to also confirm that following the instructions by Graham and FreeBird solved this problem for me as well. To confirm, I uninstalled both NZQN (Queenstown) and New Zealand South Island. I then reinstalled New Zealand South Island FIRST, then installed NZQN (Queenstown) next.

The problem that jzsope described in his first post, which I also had, is now gone. I tested by starting at Milford, flying to NZQN. I also tested by flying from NZGY to NZQN twice. All three times, the runway textures were correct.

Thanks to Graham and FreeBird for this solution!

Hi guys,

Really good news!

I will have a try recently, by uninstalling both NZQN and New Zealand South Island and reinstall New Zealand South Island FIRST, then NZQN next".

Thanks for all your posts!

Regards

Archived