Jump to content

Crossing two straits in one flight


Stillwater
 Share

Recommended Posts

Not only Cook Strait will be crossed in this flight, this is also my first IFR flight in p3d with PRO-ATC/X support, and my first flight with the Majestic Dash 8-Q400 in this simulator. Moreless totally experimental today.

Boarding in Wellington was with no trouble (and no GSX, yet...).

2017-12-28_15-22NZWN.jpg
 

But what is this AI pilot doing? Can´t he see my takeoff release from the ATC above??

2017-12-28_16-11FollowATC.jpg
 

OK, we´re just simming. So the steel was unharmed and I could climb towards the South Island.

2017-12-28_16-14Wellington.jpg
2017-12-28_16-17-24-503.jpg
2017-12-28_16-24SouthIsland.jpg
 

No Orbx scenery here, but the blue was just too impressing for me (finally I got a nice sky color).

2017-12-28_16-37Blue.jpg
 

Christchurch.

2017-12-28_16-45Christchurch.jpg
2017-12-28_17-5-23-168.jpg
2017-12-28_17-12-23-563.jpg
 

The HD moon textures from FSX work well.

2017-12-28_17-13HDmoon.jpg
 

Weather is getting somehow tricky whilst descending into Queenstown, ...

2017-12-28_17-24-21-395.jpg
 

... and I had to circle down.

2017-12-28_17-27-18-633.jpg
 

Me no like that visibility!

2017-12-28_17-35Queenstown.jpg
 

Resulted in an Albatros-like landing...

2017-12-28_17-44Albatros.jpg
 

... but no one was able to complain after the flight!

2017-12-28_17-48NZQN.jpg

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was beautiful Gerold, I just love that Kiwi livery, it's so nice looking.  Have you had any problems setting up the flight controls in the Q400.  Mine was working but somehow something messed it up, I got so frustrated I binned it. permanently.  I'm got real tired of the kludgy way of controlling flight controls on this plane.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Superb series of pix! Nice runway incursion during takeoff roll!

Thank you Bermuda. I really had to wait for the colleague to clear up!

 

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Fantastic set Gerold and the beautiful weather continues in Kiwi Land.

Well flown too.:)

Yea, the weather is as you proposed (and encountered). Though... the landing was all but well... :ph34r:!

 

2 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Gerold. 

Thanks, Karl!

 

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Literally a "Royal Flush" of shots Gerold , now more shots straight away from you from Kiwi land . ;):blink::D:lol:

Cheers

John

Sorry there are no full houses around, except the sheep stables.

 

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots, super flight.  Enjoyed both.

Thank, John!

 

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was beautiful Gerold, I just love that Kiwi livery, it's so nice looking.  Have you had any problems setting up the flight controls in the Q400.  Mine was working but somehow something messed it up, I got so frustrated I binned it. permanently.  I'm got real tired of the kludgy way of controlling flight controls on this plane.

Thank you Jack. I knew that one gets in trouble when the control (joystick) parameters are not set up well with this bird. So I fired up the MJC Control Panel and adjusted all axis (flight controls AND engine controls) as described in the small manual: Center position ("as is"), extreme positions (minimum / maximum), key settings (for throttle and propeller RPM). You have to manually enter the readouts from inside the tool. Worked totally fine, including the reverser (which I needed desperately after this approach...).

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Jack. I knew that one gets in trouble when the control (joystick) parameters are not set up well with this bird. So I fired up the MJC Control Panel and adjusted all axis (flight controls AND engine controls) as described in the small manual: Center position ("as is"), extreme positions (minimum / maximum), key settings (for throttle and propeller RPM). You have to manually enter the readouts from inside the tool. Worked totally fine, including the reverser (which I needed desperately after this approach...).

Tried it too many times.  I gave up in frustration.  Maybe when I get my new PC in the spring I'll give it another go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent flight Gerold. Your sim looks really good! :)

Thank you Paul. Up to now it is just the p3d plus Rex4, ActiveSky, Hendriks ships and a little bit of Orbx. I fear worsening with more AI traffic, to be reported...!

 

4 hours ago, stewart1 said:

super set of screen shots Gerold regards stewart

Thank you Stewart!

 

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic shots Gerold! :)

Glad that I made you smile, Adam.

 

11 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

There is a big learning curve with the Majestic Q-400. Such a well done virtual aircraft. It also goes for your set and the very nice looking livery.

Thank you Francois. I had a big part of the operational learning curve already in FSX; the key here was basically transferring all the settings (and the experience) into p3d. As well as the liveries and the EzDok setup.

 

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Tried it too many times.  I gave up in frustration.  Maybe when I get my new PC in the spring I'll give it another go.

Never give up, mate!

But your agenda for spring sounds goooooooood..... ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you Paul. Up to now it is just the p3d plus Rex4, ActiveSky, Hendriks ships and a little bit of Orbx. I fear worsening with more AI traffic, to be reported...!

 

 

I am in a similar position Gerold. Most of the Orbx airports have some AI traffic. Also, I have added their freeware AI traffic for Australia and NZ - which I think is very good.

 

I would like to add some more AI traffic as some large airports look unrealistically empty without it. Germany (close to your heart) is a good example as the large airports are far too bare.

 

But I haven't decided yet what to do for P3Dv4.

Edited by paulb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, paulb said:

But I haven't decided yet what to do for P3Dv4.

Here we find ourselves in the same pub. I wait for some experience reports on Ultimate Traffic Live, or maybe JFs Traffic Global might be fast enough on the market.

So good that our Orbx world is filled with life already.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Here we find ourselves in the same pub. I wait for some experience reports on Ultimate Traffic Live, or maybe JFs Traffic Global might be fast enough on the market.

So good that our Orbx world is filled with life already.

 

I agree Gerold. After all we have the lady in red and many others! We just need some penguins for Martyn! :)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...