Looking for the guy from Mooroopna

Stillwater

Ha can not be that far away, as he was posting this proof shortly after my flight: 

So I took off to find him...

2017-12-22_15-58Whangarei.jpg

Another proof: Someone must have turned the speed limit sign on the access road slightly. Probably under the influence of spiritual songs. Or drinks.

2017-12-22_16-0-14-483.jpg

Perhaps he was joining the Lions Club Rescue team? I´ll look for their helipad...
2017-12-22_16-4-14-21.jpg
2017-12-22_16-5-34-226.jpg

Found it! But no Martyn around...

2017-12-22_16-9-31-770.jpg
2017-12-22_16-11LionsRescue.jpg

I can strongly recommend to fly from this helipad towards Marsden Point refinery. Getting over the hill is an amazing visual experience!

2017-12-22_16-11MarsdenPointRefinery.jpg

Just as the landing on the tanker. Here you can see me standing on the solid pad. Perhaps a bit misplaced...

2017-12-22_16-13landed.jpg

OK, let me continue westwards to Portland Cement plant...
2017-12-22_16-19-22-268.jpg
2017-12-22_16-21Portlandcementplant.jpg

... and then north to the hospital. Martyn as a routined pilot may be helping the staff there?

2017-12-22_16-26WhangareiHospital.jpg

Nope.

2017-12-22_16-28NZJR.jpg

Or probably at the Northland Emergency Services?

2017-12-22_16-29NorthlandEST.jpg

Nice hockey pitches around...

2017-12-22_16-30-53-857.jpg
2017-12-22_16-32-34-583.jpg

... but still I was the only simmer here. So I had to turn back to the city...

2017-12-22_16-33CBD.jpg

... nobody under the bridge (yet)...

2017-12-22_16-34TeMataubridge.jpg
2017-12-22_16-35Harbour.jpg

... and not here. He must have already left with BMI services to Auckland. What a close miss!

2017-12-22_16-36NZWR.jpg
2017-12-22_16-40-58-145.jpg

5 hours ago, BradB said:

He's a shifty one that guy from Mooroopna , and your P3D images are shaping up nicely Gerold . ;):rolleyes::)

Cheers

John

Oh yes he is, John, he changes the continents faster than any Astronaut does.

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That was terrific Gerold!  I really enjoyed the ride, thank you!

Thanks Jack. If you own the scenery, try to find the Lions Club helipad and just lift off towards Marsden Point from there. Looks great.

If you do not own it yet, get it ;). Then follow the above.

4 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Sorry you could not find Martyn but I enjoyed the flight and your commentary.

Good to see that at least some few souls meet me there. Thanks.

3 hours ago, mikee said:

Very Nice Shots Gerold , well done :rolleyes:

Thank you, Mikee!

2 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Fantastic set of shots Gerold I enjoyed your trip thanks regards stewart

Good to take you with me, Stewart.

Thanks Gerold for trying to find me but actually that is me over there!:huh:

I do help in the hospitals everywhere by filling them up with my passengers suffering from uncontrollable fear after going for a flight with me.:blink::ph34r::ph34r:

The aircraft cleaners at the airport are none to happy with me either when I arrive.:o

What a first class tour of Whangarei with some marvellous close ups of this excellent scenery.:)

6 hours ago, BradB said:

He's a shifty one that guy from Mooroopna , and your P3D images are shaping up nicely Gerold . ;):rolleyes::)

Cheers

John

I can run and I do hide!:)

A case of having to what with some others wanting to dump a load of snow in me!:ph34r:

39 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold for trying to find me but actually that is me over there!:huh:

I do help in the hospitals everywhere by filling them up with my passengers suffering from uncontrollable fear after going for a flight with me.:blink::ph34r::ph34r:

The aircraft cleaners at the airport are none to happy with me either when I arrive.:o

What a first class tour of Whangarei with some marvellous close ups of this excellent scenery.:)

Now THAT is the reason why there was no aircraft cleaner visible at the airport and the hospital crew also had disappeared! Nevertheless it was fun to have a close miss with you, let´s see when we´ll have the next on our small virtual planet.

Indeed, the scenery is excellent and worth some rides...!

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks Jack. If you own the scenery, try to find the Lions Club helipad and just lift off towards Marsden Point from there. Looks great.

If you do not own it yet, get it ;). Then follow the above.

I own it Gerold, but what's the heading, not being familiar with NZ.

32 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Gerold. If you do find him please let me know where he is. I've got a huge load of fresh Alaskan snow to dump on him:rolleyes::D 

When I started reading this Karl I thought you were going to go in the opposite direction to avoid me but then I saw that you were still chasing me with that slow melting snow you are carrying.;):ph34r::lol:

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I own it Gerold, but what's the heading, not being familiar with NZ.

Hahaha, I know you are a fan of erratic navigation. In this case you can use my screenshot above, I have added the coordinates. Well worth it!

10 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots Gerold. If you do find him please let me know where he is. I've got a huge load of fresh Alaskan snow to dump on him:rolleyes::D 

OK, I´ll try hard to get you more hints before yoour load transforms into liquid state.

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

When I started reading this Karl I thought you were going to go in the opposite direction to avoid me but then I saw that you were still chasing me with that slow melting snow you are carrying.;):ph34r::lol:

Sorry Martyn, now it appears you have 2 guys on your back. I´ll give up and let you rest in peace over the holidays!

9 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Really nice set, flying slowly around there with a chopper must be a beautiful experience!

It is, even with the default (untrimmable) R22...!

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set these Gerald

cheers 

Iain 

Thanks, Iain!

Archived