Color coded map of Orbx airports, with 2018 roadmap

some1

Hello guys,

this is a map that I've created for myself, but I found it quite cool so decided to share. It is basically a copy of the official Orbx product map, but I made several changes:

- added standalone freeware airports 

- added airports from the 2018 roadmap

- color coded the airports. This is to easier decide which ones are suitable for different kind of airplanes. The coding is as follows:

BROWN - grass strips

ORANGE - small paved GA airfields, 

LIGHT GREEN - bigger GA / small regional airports suitable for Dash 8 or a bizjet

DARK GREEN - airports suitable for 737

BLUE regional and international airports, with enough runway and parking place for at least 757

I did not use any fixed criteria for this classification, rather a combination of runway length, apron size, real world schedules and common sense. So there can be some errors or you may not agree with the classification. But I hope you'll find it useful :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-fqf4PZR7FHf0M7L3M_d2t5o2AuFgO22&usp=sharing

7 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Thank you for generating this colored map.

I found a small mistake: The ICAO code for  Claresholm Indus Airport in NRM on your map should be CEJ4 instead of CAJ4.

Best regards Fred

Thanks, fixed.

On 21/12/2017 at 10:45 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

I like it, I wish there was a way to print it out!

Hi Jack, you can save the images as a jpeg and then print them. Of course it's better to enlarge aea by area at the desidered % 

• 2 months later...

Very nice indeed. The roadmap really brought a plethora of airports, some being real surprises.

I also keep track on projects announced in various posts and I have some more you might consider (if you want to update your map, ofc):

- The roadmap not only shows Rockhampton but also a shot of Whitsunday Airport YSHR, halfway between Rockhampton and Cairns.

- Matteo is working on the Gold Coast airport YBCG, obviously.

- Alex already confirmed in a thread that he is working on Great Barrier Island NZGB.

- According to another thread Ken seems to be working on Boulder City, Nevada, KBDU.

- Larry's release of his freeware Refuge Cove YRC

Now I'm just wondering what the next projects of Tim, Jarrad and Misha (Santa Barbara?) might be.

On 09/03/2018 at 11:18 AM, Vora said:

Very nice indeed. The roadmap really brought a plethora of airports, some being real surprises.

I also keep track on projects announced in various posts and I have some more you might consider (if you want to update your map, ofc):

- The roadmap not only shows Rockhampton but also a shot of Whitsunday Airport YSHR, halfway between Rockhampton and Cairns.

- Matteo is working on the Gold Coast airport YBCG, obviously.

- Alex already confirmed in a thread that he is working on Great Barrier Island NZGB.

- According to another thread Ken seems to be working on Boulder City, Nevada, KBDU.

- Larry's release of his freeware Refuge Cove YRC

Now I'm just wondering what the next projects of Tim, Jarrad and Misha (Santa Barbara?) might be.

Thanks. I added those to the map.

I think that Perth is also a confirmed development, though probably we'll wait a bit longer for that one :)

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2B2/6B6?  It really is a wonderful airport Bill Womack contribution that should be represented here.

Oh, and could you add the Nashua and Manchester, NH project pair to the roadmap airports.... maybe it'll get them to do it??  Gateway to the NH White Mountains, Lakes region, Maine, Boston, even NYC is a short hop flight from there.  A lot to fly to and see from there :)  (Especially since there's not a single east coast airport in that roadmap list :(  )

;)

Thanks again, I use this all the time.

• 2 months later...

I could be wrong but I think there is a small mistake.

In the ORBX preview post, it is indicated that one of the airports will be Boulder City 61B, (KBVU), located a few miles from Las Vegas, while on the map  is indicated the Boulder Municipal (KBDU), near Denver....

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived