Man at work

Stillwater

Indeed a man at work I was. Installed REX4 TextureDirect, Soft Clouds and the data pack. Followed by installation of ActiveSky (p3dv4 Version), alongside with ASCA (not sure if that helps me). Did some test flights, but the first 2 ended with CTDs... so I reduced the p3d settings a bit. Luckily the following flight was successful, bringing me from Porta Westfalica to my home.

Rainy weather, as usual.

2017-12-20_18-8EDVY.jpg
2017-12-20_18-12Porta.jpg
2017-12-20_18-24Kaliberg.jpg

EzDok2 in full motion.

2017-12-20_19-48-31-816.jpg

Into final...

2017-12-20_19-50Appr27L.jpg
2017-12-20_19-53EDDV.jpg

Thanks to Rainer Kunst for the adaptation of EDDV into GEN.

1 hour ago, BradB said:

The difference in your shots Gerold between FSX and now P3D is remarkable IMHO . I look forward to more from you as you fine tune your P3D sim . :):)

Cheers

John

Thank you John. You have experienced this change in immersion much earlier, and it really adds extra pleasure. (As long as there is no CTD...)

22 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Looking good Gerold.

I think with all the stuff you have to install and test you are going to be in work for a long time!:)

Oh yes, I fear the same. I have not installed a single bird or non-orbx scenery yet! Now I can understand the pleasure you have with each part you are continously adding to p3d...

12 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots Gerold!!!!!  Everything looks good.

Thank you, John! Installing just takes too much time...

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you John. You have experienced this change in immersion much earlier, and it really adds extra pleasure. (As long as there is no CTD...)

Oh yes, I fear the same. I have not installed a single bird or non-orbx scenery yet! Now I can understand the pleasure you have with each part you are continously adding to p3d...

Thank you, John! Installing just takes too much time...

(As long as there is no CTD - Interesting about that , I did have a few from time to time with earlier versions of P3D . But since 4.0 and 4.1 have come out I have had none . I did have problems with KSAN when it first came out , but I just dialed back the sliders and everything was fine .

John

12 hours ago, BradB said:

(As long as there is no CTD - Interesting about that , I did have a few from time to time with earlier versions of P3D . But since 4.0 and 4.1 have come out I have had none . I did have problems with KSAN when it first came out , but I just dialed back the sliders and everything was fine .

John

Good to hear that from you John, your sim looks pretty good now. Though we can not compare our hardware, dialing back some sliders is a cure that can be done...

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Really good Gerold!  I too wonder why you got a CTD.  My PC is long in the tooth and I run everything in P3D at max but ASCA not so much.

glad you’re getting closer to perfection though!

Thank you Jack. As just written: Every PC is different, after 5 years I am not totally surprised to be forced to compromise. I´d be glad if I can run my first steps in p3d on this rig and move to a full upgrade in 1 or 2 years...

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Looking real good Gerold! :)

Thanks, Adam!

2 hours ago, stewart1 said:

super set of shots Gerold  you have p3d looking just right looks fab regards stewart

Thank you, Stewart. The day will come that I can join you flying around the virtual world not harmed by permanent installations & testing...!

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

Good luck, Gerold!! Fortunately we have the holiday season coming up and the weather isn't the best, so you might be able to accomplish a few things with the sim earlier

You are totally right, Bernd. Though private life (called "familiy") will take its toll, there should be some time for work (on the sim) ;)!

Archived