Minneapolis / St Paul one winter's day

andy1252

Just bought a certain other vendor's KMSP, which I've kept out of shot, but the twin cities are brilliantly well done in FTXG/NA OLC, and the area is a fave of mine and one of the places I enjoyed visiting most in my travelling days (although I never went there in winter!). These were shot yesterday PM, real time, real weather.

Heading out from KMSP -

hikaUqn.jpg

Nkzp6fH.jpg

heading over Minneapolis first

Ya4isKX.jpg

turned round and heading for St Paul now

wtnbFXv.jpg

just about visible below the line of the fuselage, round about the last window, is what I think is the State Capitol building which is where I gave a few classes back in the '90s. Don't know why, but I always really enjoyed St Paul. I really like the sky-way walks between the buildings, and I imagine they are very necessary in a bad winter.

xYThh2N.jpg

Both the Twin Cities in view

X9TG944.jpg

and a few out of the window to finish -

kcC7ycx.jpg

2mxVYzd.jpg

WmmI6mm.jpg

And if any of you serious pilots spot anything wrong with the gauges, remember - I'm purely a ctrl-e kinda guy, I only ever manage to stay airborne because pixels are unaffected by gravity <grin>

1 minute ago, andy1252 said:

And if any of you serious pilots spot anything wrong with the gauges, remember - I'm purely a ctrl-e kinda guy, I only ever manage to stay airborne because pixels are unaffected by gravity

:lol:  I love it, and great shots Andy!  I didn't know they had sky-ways between buildings, I love when they do that.

If I ever buy a new car with all of its high tech stuff , it better have a way that I can hit ctrl-e to start the sucker . Otherwise , no sale . These shots look fantastic Andy and downtown MSP because of the sky bridges you never have to go outside . Spokane has plenty of them also , but nothing compared to MSP . :unsure::rolleyes::o:(:D:ph34r::)

Cheers

John

Excellent set in every way Andy.

Highest quality images and some interesting information about the twin cities. 

I laughed at the last comment too about your flying habits which seem very similar to mine, not only that you are also a collector of all sorts of aircraft.:)

Two things that make a plane ideal for me are Ctrl+E start and that Nav/GPS switch.:lol::lol::wacko:

1 hour ago, BradB said:

If I ever buy a new car with all of its high tech stuff , it better have a way that I can hit ctrl-e to start the sucker . Otherwise , no sale . These shots look fantastic Andy and downtown MSP because of the sky bridges you never have to go outside . Spokane has plenty of them also , but nothing compared to MSP . :unsure::rolleyes::o:(:D:ph34r::)

Cheers

John

I don't know what 90% of the switches and buttons do in the wife's Hyundai. It looks like something out of Star Trek when lit up at night. I much prefer my old clockwork Ford Falcon!

Well done for the most emojis ever in one post.:huh::o:lol:

A gorgeous set! My home state and the city I lived in for 4 years!:D

14 hours ago, andy1252 said:

just about visible below the line of the fuselage, round about the last window, is what I think is the State Capitol building

Been there! A great place to visit!:)

14 hours ago, andy1252 said:

I really like the sky-way walks between the buildings, and I imagine they are very necessary in a bad winter.

Ah yes, the skyways... you can get almost anywhere in downtown Minneapolis and downtown St. Paul using the indoor skyways, including the major sports stadiums! There are even a few indoor parks! Then, take the skyway down to the train station, ride that baby to KMSP, and fly out over the beauty of winter!

Orbx and Flightbeam mesh extremely well here!

On 12/11/2017 at 2:59 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol:  I love it, and great shots Andy!  I didn't know they had sky-ways between buildings, I love when they do that.

Cheers Jack, and that's certainly not a building technique we have in the UK so it was certainly interesting the see them

On 12/11/2017 at 3:12 PM, BradB said:

John, a couple of years ago I was looking to buy a "new" car. I have always in the past run with 20 year old or so Mercedes (they don't build 'em like they used to, etc, etc, and don't make any assumptions like "hah, rich git!" - I've never spent more than a couple of thousand on a car) but thought I'd look at something a bit newer. Tried a drive in a 10 year old Vauxhall (GM clone) and although it was quite swish and drove well, I couldn't get over the annoying 7 inch orange LCD screen stuck in the middle of the dash - and you could NOT turn the dam thing off!

On 12/11/2017 at 5:09 PM, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set in every way Andy.

Highest quality images and some interesting information about the twin cities. 

I laughed at the last comment too about your flying habits which seem very similar to mine, not only that you are also a collector of all sorts of aircraft.:)

Two things that make a plane ideal for me are Ctrl+E start and that Nav/GPS switch.:lol::lol::wacko:

Cheers Martyn. One of these days I plan to take some time to start some serious pilot skills training, but every time I think about it someone has a sale, or releases a new 'plane or scenery I just MUST have, or I find a new source of freeware or repaints, or something. And then because I do so much of that I have to spend a few days logging and organising everything. And then a bunch of updates come along . . .

On 12/11/2017 at 5:27 PM, Iain Emms said:

Fine set these Andy.

Thanks Iain, much appreciated!

On 12/11/2017 at 6:48 PM, Sammy H said:

A great set here Andy and MSP does blend extremely well with all the ORBX stuff.  I too live in this dreamland of scenery working well together :)

Hi Sammy, and yes it does mesh really well. And thanks to v4 I can finally actually get to use some of these monstrously detailed airports without OOMing (even if we can't post pix here, which I fully understand)

On 12/12/2017 at 5:41 AM, Tim K said:

A gorgeous set! My home state and the city I lived in for 4 years!

Thanks Tim, and I'm sort of envious but I'm not sure how I'd feel about the weather.

Archived