Why does my FTX KRDD suddenly stop displaying all of the content I paid for?

Noel

I'm confused about how to order scenery in the Scenery Library.   Are there rules to follow?  I just recently did a full install of P3D v3.4, all new install of my FTX regionals and airports and initially, for several days, all was well in all of my regional sceneries and airports.   Near as I can tell, it was when I then installed KSFO HD V2, or..., FSDT Hawaiian Airports 1 and 2 that when I later tried to initiate a flight from FTX KRDD absolutely no scenery displayed--it looked like nuclear holocaust has blown away all building and vegetation for miles!  So by trial and error I ended up moving KRDD down below OpenLC and it loaded correctly again, but truthfully I wouldn't be surprised if when I go back again it will again be messed up.  PRIOR to my fresh install I thought perhaps it was OpenLC installation which ended up doing the same thing on my prior install to KRDD.  But as I say, it wasn't until KSFO and the FSDT installs that this weird issue appears AGAIN w/ KRDD as I had already installed FTX OpenLC NA.  

So what am I supposed to do, uninstall and reinstalled KRDD?   Put OpenLC on the TOP?  What rules to follow for the library?  One other oddity is that I see FSDT's KSFO HD V2 now puts  a dithered entry in the #1 position that cannot be moved in the library.  What are the implications of this that cannot be reordered, the KSFO HD V2 that is?

Help!  Thanks!

Hi Noel

Please start by appling the below procedure,

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

Thank you Doug.  I uninstalled KSFO HD V2 and voila, the dithered entry is gone, I was able to put KRDD back up top with other FTX airports and at the moment KRDD now loads again so I'm loath to touch anything.  But I will follow this schema if and when any new aberrations appear.

I do need slight clarification:  "Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries."  So if I install a FlightBeam airport, it should live above FTX regional sceneries, and FTX airports?

I'm a little afraid to run the 'Force Migration' routine because the reason I did the reinstall was that I was getting 3-6 second hangs/pauses w/ my prior 1.5y/o install and now it seems to all be working well again w/ no pauses, etc.  Is there any potential downside do you know fo running the FM routine?

2 hours ago, Noel said:

I do need slight clarification:  "Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries."  So if I install a FlightBeam airport, it should live above FTX regional sceneries, and FTX airports?

Noel, yes this is correct.

2 hours ago, Noel said:

I'm a little afraid to run the 'Force Migration' routine because the reason I did the reinstall was that I was getting 3-6 second hangs/pauses w/ my prior 1.5y/o install and now it seems to all be working well again w/ no pauses, etc.  Is there any potential downside do you know fo running the FM routine?

This is a harmless process and likely not required, just a maintenance item that can be done anytime as often as you like, and if it see's all is good it will complete instantly and all is good. You can also go to your ORBX\Troubleshooter folder and run the "MigrationTroubleshooter.exe" just to confirm all is well....which is also a harmless process that can be done anytime.

Cheers

Doug

Many thanks.  Doug, one last if you will.   Is it correct to say the entries on the top literally are on top of other sceneries below them such that when a scene is rendered the stuff on the bottom is sort of a basic layer laid down first, then comes for example regional scenery, then on top of that a 3rd party non-FTX airport because we want 3rd party non-FTX airport to be at the top of the stack at that location so it preempts everything underneath it at render time?

Archived