The grass is greener on the other side, they say

Stillwater

My first trials to setup and run P3D were not too successful. It is kind of a new beginning to find settings that do not cause the system, the sim or both to crash. I had to adjust the GPU settings (influenced by Rob Ainscoughs guide), followed by reductions of the graphics properties inside P3D. Then cleaning up dll.xml (deleted) and shaders (deleted), and have the p3d.cfg streamlined. I still lack the confidence I had on the FSX side of the fence.

This is my second attempt to finish a flight from EDVY to my home. Sliders by far not maxed, nothing tweaked like the pro´s do it here...

2017-11-19_17-41ENVY.jpg

Passing the Porta Westfalica, with the beautiful Weser river below. [Jack, are you here?]
2017-11-19_17-51Porta.jpg

The default Maule has undergone quite a development.
2017-11-19_17-56-0-490.jpg

Stadthagen below. At this time of the year I always pass this town in darkness.
2017-11-19_17-59Stadthagen.jpg

Hannover´s Royal Gardens of Herrenhausen to the left, missing lots of details yet. At least you can see the pitches of our hockey club next to it. The football stadium to the right, the new town hall slightly more to the middle.
2017-11-19_18-40Herrenhausen.jpg

On base into the 27L...

2017-11-19_18-45onbase.jpg
2017-11-19_18-51-51-223.jpg

Final. The 3rd party software is old, a bit too light in color. But, thanks to Simmershome, it works & blends into GEN!

2017-11-19_18-52-14-818.jpg

Not the appropriate parking lot. But at least a successful flight!
2017-11-19_18-56-7-216.jpg

23 hours ago, fltsimguy said:

All looks well to me!

Thank you, Bryan!

22 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Sorry to hear you are having problems Gerold.

Something that I have never encountered so early in a P3D install.

These images do look really good though.

Hope that you soon get it sorted and are able to enjoy your flying.:)

I would call these things just "trouble", and they can usually be solved. But finding the good setup is tiiiimmmmmmeeee coooonsuuuuming >:D.

The untweaked optics indeed looks good, already with default plane, textures, weather. Now come the work...

22 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent for a first go Gerold, I think they look wonderful!  And yes, I am there.  :)

Thanks Jack. Sure you got the bridge on your to-do-list.

21 hours ago, BradB said:

So far so good Gerold , as they say : Rome was not built in a day . :):rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

Not one day... all these updates & installations, that will be enought for the winter I fear... :D

21 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Wonderful shots Gerold. Nice narrative.

Thanks, FL. Local knowledge made it easier...

20 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots and narrative Gerold! :) I found that once I became used to the different screen layouts, things were really very similar to FSX.

Thanks and you are right Paul. The similarities help a lot.

18 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Looks great Gerold!!!!!!!

Thank you, John.

17 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Nice to fly among the big boys at Hannover! Caution wake turbulence!

Good that I do not have any AI traffic installed yet. Also good that there are no really big boys in Hannover...!

33 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you, Bryan!

I would call these things just "trouble", and they can usually be solved. But finding the good setup is tiiiimmmmmmeeee coooonsuuuuming >:D.

The untweaked optics indeed looks good, already with default plane, textures, weather. Now come the work...

Thanks Jack. Sure you got the bridge on your to-do-list.

Not one day... all these updates & installations, that will be enought for the winter I fear... :D

Thanks, FL. Local knowledge made it easier...

Thanks and you are right Paul. The similarities help a lot.

Thank you, John.

Good that I do not have any AI traffic installed yet. Also good that there are no really big boys in Hannover...!

Hey Gerold , it's taken me five years to get my P3D just right . :blink::(:o:D

John

12 hours ago, adambar said:

I know the feeling Gerold, i'm still not completely sold on P3D, there are still things in FSX I prefer better, so I run both. :D

As you can see from my signature I indeed intend to run a small installation of FSX as a fallback in parallel. We have to work on installing on updating with all that stuff that is not made by our favourite scenery provider (who runs a clever FTXC tool...).

7 hours ago, Julio Garcia said:

Klasse Bilder Gerold. SuperB shots.

Danke Julio. Da ist Potential, in der Tat...!

4 hours ago, stewart1 said:

well Gerold you screen shots look very good nothing wrong with your screen shots my friend and Jack was behind you regards stewart

Ah that was the deep WW2 fighter sound behind & beyond me!

Archived