Orbx New Zealand Milford Sound Airport

Randy L

This is just a small grouse concerning the Milford Sound airport scenery. First off, I just love this area, and I think Orbx did a wonderful job with it. However, there just a few things that I have noticed that could be fixed. Firstly, concerning the waterfall that is next to the marina (I think it is called Bowen Falls). In my sim the large water spray sprites appear about 100 yards in front of the falls rather than at the foot of the falls. They make it look like there is a geyser that is right in front of the falls. I can actually fly between these sprites and the falls itself. Secondly, whenever I take off from runway 29, right after I take off near the end of the runway, the sim pauses for about 1 second before it continues. This happens with all aircraft, and all flights. And lastly, there is a patch of controlled airspace near Milford Sound, west of the airport and in the mountains. Whenever I fly into this airspace, the flight stops, and I am booted back to the main Prepar3D screen. There is no error or explanation as to what just happened. It is almost like I am flying into an invisible mountain. This happens with all aircraft too.

I am using Prepar3D v4.1 (same things happened in v4.0), I have the latest version of FTX Central installed, and I have the latest version of Object Flow installed.

No big problems, and as I said, I just love flying in this scenery.

Secondly, whenever I take off from runway 29, right after I take off near the end of the runway, the sim pauses for about 1 second before it continues.

Hello,

this happens to everyone and is very well documented indeed.

It would appear that at some points in its virtual world, FSX loads

a huge chunk of scenery and unfortunately, Milford Sound is in

exactly one of those points.

Whenever I fly into this airspace, the flight stops, and I am booted back to the main Prepar3D screen

This is also very well documented indeed and the "official line" is to use your simulator with crash detection

switched off.

As you describe, "and I am booted back to the main Prepar3D screen" is probably as far from the real life

consequences of an aircraft crash as it is possible to get.

The attached file put into the effects folder, might improve your waterfall.

fx_ORBX_waterfall_spray_1.fx

Thanks Nick, at least I am not hallucinating. When I click on the link that you provided for the waterfall effect, I get "The page that you are trying to access is not available for your account Error 2C171/1". I'll try turning off crash detection in P3D.As I mentioned, I absolutely love this scenery.

Randy

Archived