Keeping up with FSX-SE

JimNZ

Hello All.

With so much happening with FSX (SE too), I'm finding it difficult to keep up with it all.

If one buys an Airport scenery from a 3rd party is it still entered into your scenery folder under this and on top of that or can you enter it as usual like an Orbx scenery using Obyxdirect v3.2.3.0, eg I understand there's a really nice YSSY (Sydney) airport put out by a 3rd party.  Does that get installed as if it's an Orbx product or not.  From what I read on these forums there are plenty of lovely airports available that are non-Orbx (I only have Orbx) but I'm unsure whether to buy them or not.  Can someone advise me on what's happening of late.

Thank you,

Jim.

Hello.

I'm sorry but I don't explain myself very well I know, thanks for your reply.

Yes, that Sydney airport was the one I had in mind.  How do you install it, not being Orbx,

and can you expect elevation problems or any other problems for that matter.  Do you have to enter it in any special place within FSX? What do you have to be aware of buying airports that are not Orbx. Also, take into account I'm not computer savvy.

Thanks,

Jim.

Hi Jim,

There is an option to install scenery where you can tick the option to be ready for Fly Tamp YSSY. I for the life of me can't remember where the option is and I have just installed recently and think it may be in FTX Australia but not sure. Someone here will tell you where it is.

Kind Regards'

Bernie.

Archived